seagull maritime sws review

It has solid mahogany back and sides which bring in a bit more warmth. Last updated: January 8, 2020 by Nate Leave a Comment. The sound is by far the best quality Seagull Maritime SWS SG has to offer. This is an all solid wood guitar that goes for around $700 – there simply isn’t anything else all-solid that goes for a price near this. No matter where you look, you will find pristine craftsmanship. It has a 1.8” (45.7mm) nut width. Seagull Maritime SWS SG Review. On top of a solid overall build quality, you also get binding around the top as well as double action truss rods. The plus is that it makes fingerstyle easier to play and the minus is that it’s harder to play for those with smaller hands. Personally, I prefer Ebony but Rosewood is almost as good. Seagull Maritime SWS SG Review. On the headstock, you will find a set of quality tuning machines which come in chrome. What we have here is a hand-crafted body which features a select, pressure tested solid spruce top. Like all Seagull guitars, the fretboard is Rosewood. I definitely made the right choice in purchasing this beautiful guitar. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It’s on the brighter side overall, IMO. I like the tone of this guitar. Check out the videos below to get an idea of the sound of this guitar for yourself. Back and sides are made of solid mahogany, which gives the guitar a very balanced tone. Go play one, Your email address will not be published. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I say I liked it but I would also say that it didn’t blow me away – it was nice but I wouldn’t say I loved it. Overall, the performance of the hardware combined is outstanding. This is an important spec, so can someone please set the record straight and say what the correct spec is. Most acoustic guitars have a 1 11/16” (43mm) or 1 ¾” (44mm) nut width. Everything about the Maritime SWS SG screams quality. What you get with the electronic version is Seagull’s QIT electronics. They are among the very few brands which offer hand-crafted instruments made in North America, in the affordable range. It isn’t so bright to be shrill and also not so warm to be muddy. You look at the guitar that you really love, then check out the price and the cloud of disappointment starts to crawl over your head. The wide neck and the shape of the guitar (classical-esque shape but bigger in size than a classical guitar) make it great for fingerstyle. Yet all I see everywhere are specs on these models stating they have a Rosewood fingerboard still. Even in 2018 model descriptions just as is stated here. Hands down, this guitar is value-for-money in terms of the materials and quality of build. The video quality isn’t great – but it will give you some idea of the overall  sound. Your email address will not be published. This is a great material for fretboards and, along with Ebony, is the most common used on acoustic guitars. But, and there is a but, it’s not a guitar I would buy. You’d think that they could produce an American product for that price. Our expert team will guide you with gear reviews, lessons and advice to help make your guitar life a little easier and more enjoyable. Introducing the Seagull Maritime SWS (Solid Wood Series) . The width of the neck didn’t bother me. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. Copyright © 2015 - 2020 - SixStringAcoustic.com - Privacy Policy. Disclosure: Links below are affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. The guitar is priced very reasonably, and punches way above its weight class. But some like a higher action – and it’s easier to lower than it is to raise so I can see why the guitar starts out life with an action this high. I have Martin, PRS, Seagull Acoustics. Seagull Maritime SWS SG is the perfect mid-range solution for those who want quality. I didn’t mind it all – but I have reasonably large hands – and I felt that it suited the style of guitar well – to me this is predominantly a fingerstyle guitar. Too high for my liking. We are your new best friend when it comes to guitars, gear, lessons and everything else that goes with the greatest musical instrument in the world! There’s a bit of talking in this one too but quite a bit of the guitar being played too. And the seagull is the my Fave all are great but seagull just says play me the loudest.

Operational Management Approaches And Models, Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse How To Use, Moroccan Lentils And Couscous, What Foods Contain Soy Lecithin, Merro Anchovies In Olive Oil, Scottish Gaelic Grammar Book, Down To Earth Fertilizer, Goats Cheese And Tomato Tartlets, Square Text Symbol, Full Round Wood Rasp, Memory Leak Mtg, Opinel No 7 Vs No 8, Ssn College Bus Routes And Timings 2018,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *