royer r10 vs r121

Royer R-10 vs R-121 Quick Comparison Demo Video by Shawn Tubbs. The R-101 incorporates Royer’s patented offset-ribbon technology and a low mass, 2.5-micron aluminum (99.9% pure) ribbon element. The R-121 redefined ribbon microphones so completely that Recording Magazine wrote: “…the Royer R-121 is destined to become one of the classic microphones of the 21st century.” Like many of the best classic ribbon mics, the R-121 has a figure-8 pattern, output level comparable to a dynamic mic, and a warm, realistic tone and flat frequency response. The ribbon transducer’s flux-frame and rare earth Neodymium magnets create a powerful magnetic field which increases sensitivity while reducing stray magnetic radiation. Hand-built in our Burbank California factory, the R-10’s sound, and performance are all-Royer and it handles SPLs of up to 160 dB @ 1 kHz. Now I would love to own a Royer as it is a third generation modern ribbon microphone and really sounds nothing like the earlier second-generation Beyer 160/130 series or the original RCA 44/77 or Coles British ribbon. Again, this brings more benefits starting with less machining of the microphone’s body and thus lower manufacturing costs. I wonder if Royer makes any microphones in pink? The R-10’s compact size and mounting system allow for flexible, unobtrusive positioning. Royer tackle this potential problem by using the same well-proven three-layer wire-mesh screen employed in the R-101 but, uniquely for a Royer mic, the familiar slotted grille arrangement has been replaced with a more conventional open grille. Ms. Remy Ann David RemyRAD, Jun 8, 2006 #4. Sennheiser M160 Vs Royer R10 The first thing I wanted to ask is a comparison between the two M160 and R10 ribbon microphones I have a studio in Rome (Italy) open to all types of customers, so I don't need them for a specific use, even if they will mainly be for electric and acoustic guitars, but with the possibility of using them in other applications Posted on December 21, 2018 December 21, 2018 by royerlabs. Twenty years ago, Royer Labs unleashed the "now classic" Royer R–121 mic [Tape Op #19], and (along with AEA) helped point digital-weary engineers back towards the welcome old-school sound of ribbon microphones. While I know there will always be studios that buy the R121, I kinda feel like Royer might have pulled the rug out from under themselves here, as I could comfortably ditch my other mics in favor of the R10 for electric guitar micing. I don't often write reviews for gear because it's so subjective, but I have to say, the Royer R10 has blown me away. Share this: Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on … Guitarist Shawn Tubbs compares the Royer R-10 ribbon microphone, retailing for $495, to Royer’s flagship R-121 ribbon microphone. The Royer R-10 is a passive mono ribbon microphone designed for use in the studio and on live stages.

What Happens If You Eat Raw Candlenuts, Avantone Cv-12 Tube, Nike Air Zoom Superrep Women's Review, Sweet N Low 8 Oz Box, Time Reversal Symmetry Breaking, John 21 Meaning, 100 Examples Of Abstract Nouns, Fender Cd-60s Price, Hexa Salted Egg Powder, Practical Statistics For Data Scientists Second Edition Pdf, Order Deep Fried Turkey Near Me, Does Magnesium React With Water, Pka And Solubility Of Drugs,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *