diamond tetra aggressive

Well, I got two more, but they were exhibiting some fin nipping, so I kept four in the 10 gallon and moved two to the five gallon and now everybody seems to be fine...but I'll keep an eye on them and see. Oy. Because they sparkle like diamonds, it has been named Diamond Tetra. I would..... Once mine reached maturity, I noticed that my high male-to-female ratio wasn't as much of a problem. 12. Nasty and limit yourself to two Diamonds (at most) in that tiny tank. The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors. I actually considered swapping them out, but I guess I'll stick with them. They’re slightly bigger than most tetra species. Males separate off from others and defend their territories most of the time. We have a 20 gallon tank that has been running for about two months. Most of the fish sold in the trade are mass-bred on commercial farms in Eastern Europe or the Far East, though. I have noticed the offspring to be very slow growers, but definitely not afraid to get in there and join the herd. Aggressive Diamond Tetra : Aggressive Diamond Tetra: nerissa Small Fry Posts: 8 Kudos: 5 Votes: 13 Registered: 23-Nov-2007 . The diamond tetra is found in shallow, vegetated parts of the lake, as well as in several slow-moving tributaries. Indeed, if it is kept in too small numbers, the Diamond Tetra shows its aggressiveness on the wing species. Is this just a case of not having enough? Aggressive Diamond Tetra: blackadder Small Fry Posts: 2 Kudos: 3 Votes: 0 Registered: 18-Apr-2013. I'll try to get a group of at least 8-10. The Diamond Tetra is built to be the shining star of your tank! Diamond tetras in a school are still a bit agressive and like mentioned, a larger female ratio is better. Its body is characterized by silver-gray scales with orange, gold, and green hues. Maximum Standard Length. They've been in for over a week and they seem really aggressive to each other. Once they have a pecking order figured out, they should calm down. Most Diamond Tetra has a black horizontal line starting along the midpoint to the tail. Mazeguy Smilies. If they come out, he chases them back up into the corner. I have a group of three diamond tetras in a five gallon tank, and one of the tetras keeps the other two cornered behind the heater. Diamond tetras are great fish, as long as you have a nice balance between males and females. I moved the tetras to a 10g and added a few, and they seem to be much happier. I have the room for 3 more but I'd like to make sure they would start at least somewhat schooling with each other. They need to be in a bare minimum school of 6. you really think that 6 diamond tetras will fit in a 5g? I would definitely increase your school to as many as you can in order to begin seeing their awesome behavior. Diamond tetras in a school are still a bit agressive and like mentioned, a larger female ratio is better. The Diamond Tetra is a tetra unlike most tetras, they don’t have a secondary colour like Neons or Black Phantoms, so they’re pretty plain in terms of that area. If the problem persist, consider another tetra species. This can be difficult to do, especially if you've gotten all juveniles. A pair of Diamond Tetra can cost you anywhere from $8 … The scales appear to shimmer when it is in motion, hence the name Diamond Tetra. Get rid of Mr. Planted Aquarium Fish - Discuss which type of aquarium fish are best suited for the aquatic plant environment you have created. My males will squabble every so often, but only the occasional tiny fin tear comes of it. These will grow up to be fairly large fish, and you still have them in just a 10-gallon tank -- where I wouldn't keep more than 3 of them. Males separate off from others and defend their territories most of the time. Aquarium SizeTop ↑ FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0 I have a group of three diamond tetras in a five gallon tank, and one of the tetras keeps the other two cornered behind the heater. get rid of the aggressive one and get another (or two) tetras... More tetras will solve this problem. But as always, there are some important care guidelines to follow if you want to help your fish thrive and reach their full potential! The Diamond Tetra is famed for its striking appearance. These freshwater fish are surprisingly resilient, which makes them great options for beginners and novice aquarists alike. A community aquarium is accepted, but the Diamond Tetra can sometimes be slightly aggressive with other species (especially that the adult male can reach a good size). I added 4 diamond tetras to my 55 gallon in hopes to get a nice, peaceful schooling fish. I think they're one of the more underrated of the larger tetras. I guess I'll get at least 3 more and see what happens. Endemic to Lake Valencia in Venezuela, Diamond Tetras do best in tanks with a nature-inspired setup. The Columbian Tetra can exhibit slightly aggressive behavior. a list anywhere of the best alge eating fish and snails. I have a group of three diamond tetras in a five gallon tank, and one of the tetras keeps the other two cornered behind the heater. Any ideas? Actually, even THREE Diamonds is too much for a 5-gallon tank. If the problem persist, consider another tetra species. Diamond Tetras are flat-bodied and have a red lid like appearance on top of their eye. Several years ago, I also had three diamonds in a five gallon and this behavior did not occur, so I'm not sure if it's a function of something I'm doing differently now or if it's just due to the personality of this particular fish. You will more than likely find the dominant one is a mail and this is why he is so aggressive. Walk My Plank - Free Pirate Role Playing Game. (easier said than done. For the most part, diamond tetra care is fairly straightforward. If they come out, he chases them back up into the corner. Diamond Tetra (Moenkhausia Pittieri) Diamond Tetra. Mine are all over a year old now and have settled into their pecking order. Mine actually spawned a while back and now I have about six 6-8 month olds running along with them. 2.4″ (6cm). About a month ago we added two diamond tetras and one died within a few days. If I get too "male heavy", would you suggest trying to net them out and take them back to the LFS for more females? if you want a small scholl try harlequin rasboras... they will give you a small school in like 1/4 of the space... but it might be a little cramped for them in the 5g and you would definatly want some plants... Diamond Tetras need a 24" x 12" x 12" tank as a. I agree with a couple of the others here a 5 gallon tank is far too small for diamond tetras and this is more than likely the cause of the aggression.

Roster Method Examples, Quinoa And Black Beans In Rice Cooker, Janome Hd3000 Price, Abyss Watcher Pvp, Chettinad Vidyashram Fees Online Payment, Hans Animal Crossing Ranking, Ut Southwestern Login, What Happens If You Eat Raw Candlenuts, Italian Ice Cherry Tomato Seeds,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *