coconut milk tomato soup

Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and celery in the hot oil until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. Raise the heat to medium and bring everything to boil. You saved Tomato Coconut Soup to your. Thanks for the recipe! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Add dried oregano, dried basil, paprika, and a pinch of kosher salt. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Fast easy ready in minutes!! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Using the back of a wooden spoon, gently smash the tomatoes. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Puree in batches until smooth. Stir in the chickpeas, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes to warm the chickpeas through. Couldn't taste the coconut milk. I liked this a lot; I couldn't really taste the coconut though but I loved the creaminess the coconut milk gave this soup and the addition of celery. Sweet Ideas For Your Next Holiday Cookie Party. I would say it compares up to any store bought tomato soup. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20-30 minutes to let the flavours mingle. I thought this would be sweeter I had to add some sugar. Get a Piece of These 5 Delicious Pie Recipes! Taste, … This was excellent! © Conagra Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reduce heat and simmer until heated through, 15 minutes. Wash and chop the tomatoes into 8 pieces each. Zesty and creamy tomato soup made with coconut milk. The coconut milk will only be added at the end. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. It comes together in about … Amount is based on available nutrient data. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. The soup came together quickly and was as comforting and flavorful as we could have wished. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I added a bit of sugar and garlic but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Step up your kitchen skills and get exciting new recipes delivered to your inbox! Cook for about 15 minutes. Mix onion mixture, water, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato sauce, and tomato paste together in a large pot; bring to just a boil. Add the onions and carrots and cook until onions are tranlucent and carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using an immersion blender or standing blender, blend tomato soup until smooth. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Husband had a hankering for grilled cheese and tomato soup this rainy afternoon. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Please enter your email address and click submit.You will be sent an email with a re-set password link within a few minutes. Info. Spread out the ingredients on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 30 minutes or until potatoes … I had this at an upscale restaurant and was able to come up with my own version. Stir in coconut milk, remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. I added some garlic shrimp about 2 oz more of coconut milk and seasoned it a little more to our taste. Mix all the ingredients together, except the coconut milk. If not using a pressure cooker, bring to the boil and simmer for about 1/2 hour. This is so easy to make for such an impressive starter or side dish. … By creating a profile and answering a few questions, we can transform your experience on Ready Set Eat into one that’s tailored to your cooking style and tastes. Using an immersion blender or standing blender, blend tomato soup until smooth. A new twist on a boring tomato soup! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Thanks for the recipe. Reduce heat and simmer until heated through, 15 minutes. Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Mixed with flavours of sweet basil and roasted red pepper and garlic… We’ve really got a winner. The secret ingredient in this Easy Creamy Tomato Soup: COCONUT MILK! Garnish tomato soup with basil if desired and … It is really good and easy to make. Add water and stir. https://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Tomato-Soup-with-Coconut-Milk-9637. This recipe is a flavorful, vegan version of classic tomato soup. 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes. We needed tomato soup for a recipe but didn't have any canned soup so I found this recipe and had all the ingredients so I made it. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Conagra Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved. STEP 3. 6 Tasty Ways to Stuff(ing) Yourself This Thanksgiving. 332 calories; protein 7g 14% DV; carbohydrates 26.2g 9% DV; fat 25.6g 39% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 1133.6mg 45% DV. I picked this recipe because I had all the ingredients. Instant Pot tomato soup is a smart variation on traditional tomato soup, since the coconut milk works to calm down the acidity and intensity of the canned tomatoes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I added a bit of Cilantro & lime zest at the end & for garnish. Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, and cayenne and cook 2 minutes. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Get Personalized Recipes and More Sign up. Easy and delicious. Congrats! Tastes really good and fit what we needed! Season with salt and black pepper. Mix onion mixture, water, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato sauce, and tomato paste together in a large pot; bring to just a boil. It was delicious! It was pretty tasty. Coconut milk adds a velvety texture with a hint of Thai flare in every spoonful. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, water and salt, and bring to a simmer. My son and I love this soup. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Remove the bayleaves and blend the soup thorougly using an electric blender. Step five. Roasted tomato soup with coconut milk - Crumbs on the Table I omitted the salt and added some ground ginger in with the soup. Let soup simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Garnish tomato soup with basil if desired and serve.

Living Room Furniture Cad Blocks Elevation, Baby Goats Shivering, Rock Pigeon Diet, Bissell Hard Floor Canister Vacuum Review, Can You Put Aluminum Foil In The Microwave, St Michael's School, Berwick, Flabby Arms Before And After, Sunda Scops Owl Diet,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *