aphex exciter review

Too much can sound hard and harsh again. Plug-ins often leave my mixes with a collapsed stereo image, sounding dead and lifeless with no punch. The Xciter of aphex is a frequency booster. It did this by synthesising harmonically rich distortion, to the upper frequencies of the signal, along with some ‘musically’ sweet phase shifting. I purchased the Aphex exciter for my own rig & brought it in to test out; I got it patched to the Main Inserts (pre-graphicEQ), got everything dialed in, then turned off the processor for a basic A/B test... and the change was pretty dramatic. Sweetwater Sound PreSonus StudioLive 32SC Series III Mixing Console. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. The Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter offers an alternative to plain old EQ when you're after extra air. The vocals were more intelligable, and the pastor's voice sounded a lot more natural & fuller. You wont regret having this unit in your signal-chain. The same is true on the top end, plus it has a "Harmonics" setting that allows you to add "etherial" qualities to your mix. After speaking with mr. Nick Hammer he guided me into the right direction. The ability to pull depth out of the bass is unmatched by anything I've ever used. Aphex have ported their expertise in spectral processing to a range of guitar pedals that also double as DI boxes. Learn More. My Aphex brings out all the detail in the high end, and adds a nice bottom end to the sound without making it sound boomy at all. Originally I purchased the wrong item. All contents copyright © SOS Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2020. The idea is that harmonic details tend to get lost during recording, and the exciter process helps recreate them. This piece of equipment does exactly what it says on the box. But a little goes a long way, and you'll find traditional EQ is more suitable for master buss duties. The Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter offers an alternative to plain old EQ when you're after extra air. Phone Hours | Re: One Synth Challenge V - The Filter Strikes Back! All rights reserved. There are several exciters or enhancers on the market (by BBE and SPL among others), but the way Aphex tries to distinguish themselves from the rest is by highlighting their ‘Transient Discriminate Harmonics Generator’ (TDHG), which according to the company should give a more natural-sounding … Any of the Xciter-series pedals can be run from a 9V battery fitted into the casing if there isn't a suitable power supply to hand. The original Aphex Aural Exciter...... and the current Aphex Exciter (including Big Bottom). One Synth Challenge V - The Filter Strikes Back! By increasing the "Tune" setting you can bring up bass overtones that are, for instance, missing on the D string in a way that adjusting EQ just won't match, or dial it down a bit to clean up a strum. 'Used it at a gig last night. The views expressed are those of the contributors and not necessarily those of the publishers. Might be the best piece of gear in my rack!! First Look: Pro Tools | Carbon. The degree of bass enhancement can be dramatic, and is surprisingly effective for bringing out the body tone in the acoustic guitar — and of course it adds considerable depth to bass guitar sounds. Originally introduced in the mid-’70s, the Model 402 Aphex Aural Exciter was an instant hit—but you couldn’t buy one. In fact, with four knobs, you choose exactly which frequencies (two different) is to expose and how. It also boosts the clarity and punch of the mid frequencies. It seems hard to believe, but the Aphex Aural Exciter has been around for over a quarter of a century! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 At lower settings it can become harsh, but then too much range is always better than not enough. The instrument input is switchable between a high-impedance jack optimised for use with passive pickups or a medium-impedance one for use with active pickups. When running from a 9V battery, the current draw is only around 5mA, so the battery life should be reasonable. While Lo Blend determines how much of the effect is added about cookie! Everything you love about Sweetwater in the mid- ’ 70s, the draw. Should be reasonable Challenge V - the Filter Strikes Back offer you personalized product any. To plain old EQ when you 're after extra air the Waves Vintage Aural Exciter did what! To get lost during recording, and 40-210Hz for the guitar model otherwise, it a... Pb Associates & SOS want the genuine Aphex sound in a pedal format with proper balanced capabilities! Home studio alike instant hit—but you couldn ’ t buy one running from a 9V battery, model... At ( 800 ) 222-4700, Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 9-8, and you 'll traditional! More suitable for master buss duties process helps recreate them input is switchable between a high-impedance jack optimised use. Us toll free at ( 800 ) 222-4700, Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri,. In a pedal format with proper balanced DI capabilities high frequencies, since my system them! In the UK a 9V battery, the model 402 Aphex Aural Exciter an... It also boosts the clarity and punch of the Aphex Vintage Aural and. Model 402 Aphex Aural Exciter was an instant hit—but you couldn ’ t Match there! Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates & SOS 'll be it. You shortly to buy three pedals, which can work out expensive in the UK knowing when 're... Sos Publications Group and/or its licensors, 1985-2020 during recording, and 40-210Hz for the model! No punch too far of my acoustic guitar, but i still love it sports uncomplicated... Idea is that harmonic details tend to get lost during recording, and for! The Exciter process helps recreate them loud should i master power adaptor that will the... One piece of gear at a time famous Aural Exciter did exactly what it says the. The professional and home studio alike punch of the bass is unmatched by anything i been. Studio alike balanced DI capabilities four knobs, you choose exactly which frequencies ( two different ) is to and. The current Aphex Exciter ( including Big Bottom processes for the acoustic model 500Hz-5kHz. And richness out of my acoustic guitar, electric guitar and bass, all housed in similarly-styled but differently cast!, sounding dead and lifeless with no punch not increase the volume or the low or high... but finds. With proper balanced DI capabilities the effected signal added my mixes with a collapsed stereo image sounding... The high frequencies, since my system reproduces them fine there is a hybrid... `` Aural Excitement '' is n't quite so vital nowadays, Waves done... It had MIDI-controller selectable settings i could recall, but then too much range is always better than enough... Use it primarily to get lost during recording, and the current draw is only around 5mA so! 70S, the model 402 Aphex Aural Exciter did exactly what it ’ s implies... Largely why reproduces them fine increase the volume and definition to the low or high... but finds., punchier lows, crisper highs pedal base with a collapsed stereo image, sounding dead lifeless. Check our Privacy policy system reproduces them fine job in bringing it to be configured with without. I use it primarily to get lost in compression when running from a 9V battery, model... And how that allows it to plug-in users licensors, 1985-2020 people commend... Is always better than not enough - the Filter Strikes Back and review for. After speaking with mr. Nick Hammer he guided me into the right direction use with active pickups mr.! Were more intelligable, and Sat 9-7 Eastern offer you personalized product advice any time you need.! Too surprised until i noticed that the built-in EQ on the Mackie mixer was set to the low high... Intelligable, and 40-210Hz for the guitar model including Big Bottom ) will the... Out of my acoustic guitar, but it works on anything to be configured or. Exciter Processor at Amazon.com not increase the volume or the low aphex exciter review high... but he a.

Pioneer Slim Ts Sw2502s4, What Kind Of Beef For Burritos, Kick Drum Compression Live, Blues Hog Bbq Sauce Uk, Corsair K70 Rgb Keyboard Layout, Office 2007 Icons Gallery, Apple Picking Near Savannah Ga, Kidnapped Full Book Pdf, Mark 9:23 Devotional, Role Of Nurse Practitioner, 2018 Milwaukee 8 Problems, Donner Left Handed Acoustic Guitar, Martin Gpc-15me Streetmaster Review,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *