world record catfish 2020

This species is a voracious predator that can grow to over 16 feet in length and poses a significant risk to native species, particularly bottom-dwelling species including other catfishes and mussels”, “Although this species has not yet been documented in the U.S., the Wels catfish has become somewhat notorious as a “monster fish” and is considered to have potential to be introduced into the U.S. illegally via the underground pet trade.”. I was a bit skeptical of the attacks but then he pulled off his shirt and showed us a massive scar across his back of where a Wels bit him when he got into the water to try and land it. In the official proposal, they noted the following. A Georgia angler received the surprise of a lifetime when a giant blue catfish devoured his striped bass lure and led him on a 300-yard, 35-minute chase. If you have a Facebook account or e-mail address, you have probably seen the photos of anglers in the water with huge yellow-skinned catfish with a subject line like, “Angler’s Noodle World Record Flathead” or something like that. Wels grow up to 15 feet in length and catches of fish over six feet are common. They are Wels catfish from Europe. The world record flathead was just over five feet in length. ... began with a diver seeing a record-sized catfish in murky water and then the story grew from there. Officials with the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department’s Commission at the Nov. 2020 annual meeting were considering adding several exotic aquatic species to the banned list for Texas. “Some divers working on the dam at Toledo Bend saw some catfish so big they swore they would never go back down there.”. Gründer, though, caught the biggest fish there – and around the world, setting a new record. Mekong Giant Catfish. The Wels catfish was one of those. Such fish don’t exist here in the United States. At that point I began to think it was a tall tale. I guess I had some natural journalistic skepticism even as a youngster. Houston Chronicle photo by Shannon Tompkins, Shannon Tompkins, Staff / Houston Chronicle, Beaumont looking for ways to improve traffic, DPS: Body found in trunk after high-speed chase into Beaumont, Victim released from hospital after Port Arthur afternoon shooting, Jasper physician remembered as champion of rural care, Friends follow precautions for Thanksgiving, Councilman Feldschau recovering after COVID-19 diagnosis, What’s New: Small businesses prepare for Saturday, To court Latinos, Democrats have to expand strategy in 2022, Family of jailed oil exec asks for Venezuelan leader's mercy, Mexico extends northern border tax breaks to southern border, Houston's 'Citgo 6' sentenced to prison in Venezuela, US will appeal order barring expulsions of migrant children, Tornado causes damage, injuries in Dallas-area city, US temporarily closes detention facility at Texas border, DPS: Body found in trunk after high-speed chase, Jefferson Co. could see reopening rollback, FAYE: Nederland win a bright spot during gloomy Friday. March 1, 2020 11:43 am. For more great sports stories ... The world record flathead was just over five feet in length. Coming in at 8.8 feet, the catfish weighed an estimated 284 pounds. And the next time you hear of giant catfish below the dams, realize there is no way they are the size of an economy car. They look almost exactly like flatheads except for the fins, which grow like a tadpole. %link% All-Tackle Record:64.86 kilograms (143 pounds, 0 ounces), Kerr Lake, Va., USA. A Volkswagen-sized catfish would weigh closer to a ton. The largest catfish in North America are the blue and flathead both of which live at many Texas reservoirs. Posted: May 28, 2020 … Looking at the size of those fins, that’s entirely believable. Weighing 130 lb, this monster was a whopping 27 pounds heavier than the previous Missouri state record holder. Already, the place boasts a reputation for having massive catfish. A Florida man who traveled to Georgia for a weekend fishing tournament with buddies has landed the heaviest blue catfish ever recorded in the (…), https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/angler-lands-record-shattering-blue-catfish-remarkable-ease, Angler lands record-shattering catfish with remarkable ease, I found this on FTW and wanted to share: Past World Record Blue Catfish Greg Bernal, 2010, Missouri River, Missouri. They can attain weights of over 130 pounds and I have no doubt there are specimens quite a bit larger. Jonathan Pierce, of Roxborough, releases his record flathead catfish Monday morning after having it officially weighed in Berks County. Use the search form above to find fishing world records for freshwater fish, saltwater fish, and more. "The dam divers work in shark cages because of the giant catfish," he said. The next time you see photos of giant catfish supposedly “noodled” look closely at the fins. Welcome to For The Win's European Union Experience. *like FTW on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/usatodayftw. While changes regarding tilapia and grass carp permits were made, it seems as if the Wels was not officially banned in Texas. Interestingly the guide on our trip told us that divers in that river work on and inspect the dam in shark cages. … In July of 2010, Greg Bernal hooked a blue catfish that had stood as the world record up until the record-breaker we have just covered. Weight: 646 lbs (293 kg) Length: c. 9 ft (2.7 m) Location: Northern Thailand. Vanderbilt soccer player Sarah Fuller made college football history. The 110-pound blue catfish … The Wels (which can grow to over 10 feet in length) are aggressive enough to attack them. Gene Fleming … As the … The fisherman reeled this colossus in at River Po, Italy. Tim Trone, of Havana, Florida, took the prized catch to DNR for an official weigh-in this week, and the record was made official. It is probably a Wels. In my opinion the “catfish scaring the divers” legend began with a diver seeing a record-sized catfish in murky water and then the story grew from there. As someone who has caught a seven footer in Spain, I can say I wouldn’t want to snuggle up next to one in deep, murky water. The photos passed around the internet of anglers with super-sized flatheads are not really flatheads at all. Then I kept hearing the story as it changed to Sam Rayburn, Lake Livingston and even Dam B. Blue Catfish. “The department proposes to designate the Wels catfish (Silurus glanis) as a ‘harmful or potentially harmful exotic fish.’ This species is currently listed as an injurious wildlife species under the Lacey Act. *follow @ForTheWin: https://www.twitter.com/forthewin My wife Lisa and I both caught Wels over seven feet in the Segra River in Spain in 2005 and nearly everyone who sees the photos thinks they are flatheads until we tell them differently. Jake Paul knocked out Nate Robinson and Twitter had so many jokes, Why the Broncos can't sign a quarterback to play against the Saints, Report: All 4 Broncos QBs out for game vs. Saints due to COVID protocol, Syracuse loses game by spiking ball on fourth down as time expires, Clemson freshman floats through the air for gravity-defying interception, Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason said Sarah Fuller's kickoff went 'exactly where she needed to punch it', #9 Georgia vs. South Carolina: NCAA college football live stream, TV channel, start time, odds, predictions, NFL fans react to the Lions firing head coach, GM after another miserable season, LSU vs. Texas A&M: NCAA college football live stream, TV channel, start time, odds, predictions, Watch Sarah Fuller kick off for Vanderbilt and make college football history, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy.

Fifty Words For Rain Pdf, What Does Siege Mean, Iron Eagle 6, A Gentleman Meaning, How Much Weight Dumbbell Lunges, How Much Electricity Does A Tankless Water Heater Use, Honda Activa 5g Top Speed, Ramanujan Notebook Pdf, Drosera Capensis Flower, How Tall Are Space Marines, Hindsight Foresight Insight Quote,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *