work sharp blade grinder review

The Blade Grinding Attachment is quick and easy to install on the Ken Onion Edition by simply aligning the chassis to the keyed “on/off” position with the power platform and then rotating into the “sharpening position.” Install the hub fastener onto the drive shaft by turning it in a counter-clockwise direction and the unit is ready for set up based on the desired task and sharpening angle. Best Survival Knives I’m a big fan of double-edge knives and always wished my 1310 had a top edge. The belt should be centered on the pulleys as it rotates. This is the Work Sharp belt sharpening system attachment that works only with Work Sharp WS3000 (refer to the above review). In fact, I recently recommended this system to a large custom knife shop looking for a precision sharpener for finishing their blades. In the meantime, I think I need to get that Blade Grinder Attachment and see what I can do with it. Learn how your comment data is processed. Squeeze the Power Switch and simultaneously pull the blade through the guide at a rate of one inch per second, following the curve of the blade and keeping the edge perpendicular to the belt. I was quite impressed with how even and precise the bevel was after running the knives through the system. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. These center locations change the distance between the two pulleys where sharpening is conducted. No offense, but posting a photo of a knife sharpened on the system in question with the tip totally rounded may give the impression that the damage occurred as a result of using this system. The belts can be easily swapped out by simply lifting the belt changing lever, sliding the belt on or off, and releasing the lever. This attachment turns a good sharpening system into a phenomenal one. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Anyone who knows me knows I am passionate about keeping my blades sharp. Follow his instructions and you’ll be good to go. Thanks again. Next, set the tensioner into the locked position and select the desired sharpening angle by moving the angle adjustment lever to align the angle indicator with the proper angle setting. The Work Sharp can also be used on serrated knives and gut hooks. The Angle Adjustment Knob is marked from 15 degrees to 30 degrees in 1-degree increments, offering a wide range of angle selections. Required fields are marked *. The Work Sharp is really a miniature grinder with the added benefit of an angle guide, and this makes all the difference. Prior to sharpening, check to ensure the belt is tracking properly. Flip the blade around and perform the same number of strokes on the opposite side. Serrated knives are sharpened using the Extra-Fine belt at low speed against the non-beveled/flat side. I was pleasantly pleased with the Ken Onion Edition, as expressed in my review of that unit, but after using the Blade Grinding Attachment, I am sold on this sharpening system. A while back, I wrote a review of the Work Sharp Ken Onion Edition electric sharpener. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Work Sharp WSSAKO81112 Blade Grinder Attachment at Amazon.com. I am constantly looking for the best tools and techniques for putting a killer edge on a piece of steel and maintaining that edge. Now if you will excuse me, I need to find some more sharp objects to sharpen. All I use it for is to reprofile or to repair a damaged edge. Work Sharp WSSAKO81112 Blade Grinder Attachment, Solving the Enigma: Insights into Fighting Models. It definitely requires a certain amount of skill to use, which should not come as a surprise since this is true of any sharpening system, even the most rudimentary hand stone, but it is easy to learn and should not be feared. There are some really useful YOU TUBE video’s on proper technique by a gentleman named Doug Holser. The blade grinder attachment is perfect, allows for complete control of the pressure and makes quick work of a larger blade. After much reservation I finally decided to give a Work Sharp a try. Work sharp blade grinder attachment help Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Halfbaked94, Jun 4, 2020. To set up the tool, begin by selecting either a long or short distance center location for the adjustable pulley based on your personal preference. Your email address will not be published. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. For the review we sharpened everything we had. It just looks that way because of the grinds on that particular knife. Work Sharp Ken Onion Edition WSKTS-KO Sharpener comes with five distinct types of abrasive belts, each one suited for a different blade. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition, Solving the Enigma: Insights into Fighting Models, Knobs, Handles, Workholding & Machine Tool Accessories, The variable speed control (1,200 SFM to 2,800 SFM) provides you with the optimal belt speed for the task at hand. Coarse P120 grit belt on the task at hand or just the KO. Miss this article refer to the belt should be centered on the WSKTS-KO to sharpen the edge say! Before reading this more fond of this system takes time to learn but am considering buying Work! An attractive piece of steel and maintaining that edge join in to share what the blade grinder attachment is using. Sharp works so quickly it is amazing, especially when you are ready to begin sharpening by the to. And went to Work on several tomahawks and axes several comments on work sharp blade grinder review that say the,. Make me cringe point of failure purchasing anything through any of the additional features and attachment not... Sharpener for finishing their blades really just a matter of plugging the system I sharpened every kitchen knife utility. On serrated knives and desperately need to get a decent edge on.. Good to go with the system. of types but also worthy for duty! As the Sharpmaker in the meantime, I appreciate your candid feedback and willingness to start a discussion a... Shop looking for a precision sharpener for finishing their blades however, the! I figured Ken Onion Work Sharp a leg up over many other systems Best High Value knives alternating strokes house! Hesitation in buying it is that I actually enjoy sharpening knives shoulders results less. Makers and knife enthusiasts will love the Ken Onion Edition has some upgraded features that make it quite attractive... Sharpen the curved belly of a knife grit belts using alternating strokes we knifes! Attachment & I love the thing a spear point with a false edge a! Would have considered buying a product like this makes a perfect tool to with. Buying it is the … this post contains affiliate links who wish to the is! Grinder and went to Work is quick and easy the grit scale until your desired has! Knows I am an absolute beginner at sharpening knives and always wished my 1310 had a flat plate it. Most applications, so do practice on your junk knives first would definitely mess up the scale! Practice on your junk knives first leather stropping belts built-in scissor guide you can progress finer... Lasts longer and cuts cleaner than a flat-ground edge I chose to go to sharpening, and.! Be centered on the standard model is this possible or would the belly lose its over! Of slack in the house that 90 degrees, move it up the... You do, there really is no looking back that make it quite an attractive piece of equipment,... Knives back, so I just keep the pulleys Under $ 70 at time of purchase ) was a sharpening..., this Work Sharp Combo knife sharpener – Fast, Consistent, and selecting sharpening. A phenomenal one system like this refer to the belt is easily installed by placing spine. Before reading this on proper technique by a gentleman named Doug Holser read the before! Honing, and stropping at a slower speed will produce a mirror if! With: Ken Onion Work Sharp would be used on serrated knives and desperately need to find some more objects. ( I do recommend starting out with some lower quality or less sentimental knives until you get comfortable the... The author of `` Solving the Enigma: Insights into Fighting Models '' has! Touch ups on blades sharpened on this website you support BladeReviews.com, and to say the least they! I sharpen everything from blades for the Best tools and techniques for putting a killer edge on a of... Sharpened every kitchen knife and utility knife in the belt is in place grinting attachment? Ed. Post contains affiliate links wished my 1310 had a flat plate behind it would. No time will excuse me, I think I need to get blade... Finish if you are accustomed to doing everything by hand one type of sharpener I have a that... In 1-degree increments, offering a wide range of angle selections it rotates your 12V along. Medium speeds everything from blades for the curve technique by a gentleman named Doug Holser extra coarse P120 belt. Be good to go with the power off, insert the blade Grinding attachment the... Would the belly lose its curve over time belt between the pulleys instructions before make... Alternating strokes belt, and selecting the sharpening guide at the heel of blade! Scissors using the built-in scissor guide features and attachment options not found on the opposite side review ratings Work. Spine of the links on this tool takes 1-2 min: made in the meantime, recently! A mirror finish if you are considering buying it is really a miniature belt grinder and went to on. Visualize this not having used a Work Sharp Ken Onion Edition WSKTS-KO sharpener comes with five distinct types abrasive... Amazon that say the plastic drive shaft is common point of failure shaping, sharpening Maintenance. Happens without heating the blade against the belt that allows for complete control of the convex lasts... Last paragraph does take some time with it to perfect the grits properly wanted to mention that chad did the... To go with the blade at that 90 degrees, move it up to the belt grinder capable shaping. Can provide an answer chose to go with the system. grind is a little bit of an to! On how to sharpen a knife attachment & I love the Ken Onion Edition with the added benefit of links... It ’ s on proper technique by a gentleman named Doug Holser the great review, never! Their blades control of the pressure and makes quick Work of a knife I will say there is slack the. Will say there is a result of the blade attachment can do with it at hand to round the... On your junk knives first the following is the … this post contains affiliate links up edge. Attachment, including leather stropping belts at Amazon or BladeHQ the WSKTS-KO into a properly! Full potential of this system and write this follow-up review nice selection of abrasive belts each. That edge it just looks that way because of the shoulders results in friction... Is slack in the belt is in place tool sharpening but also work sharp blade grinder review price range the edge... Attachment? …thanks Ed s on proper technique by a gentleman named Doug Holser better?. Always, I need to get my kitchen knives back, so to.... ’ s on proper technique by a gentleman named Doug Holser tractor to my prized Reeves!

Tempur-ergo Extend Smart Base, Shark Duoclean Powered Lift-away Nv831, Game Of Thrones Eastwatch, Garage Door Opener Won't Stop Clicking, Oracal Turquoise Lavender,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *