vegan mushroom pasta with spinach

August 23, 2020 by Kate 2 Comments. It will be the richest, tastiest pasta you ever make. Well, that’s not bad for a rich-tasting pasta dish, don’t you agree? We're talking deliciously dense pasta, coated in a creamy, slightly cheesy, velvety, creamy sauce. I hope you give this recipe a try!! To save time, you can use pre-washed spinach. It can be ready in a little over the time it takes the pasta to boil! Mushrooms are loaded with the antioxidant selenium, B vitamins, and phytonutrients, and they have some fiber to help our digestion. Stir in the baby spinach, and push it under the hot cooking pasta to wilt it faster. I’ve had it for over 10 years and it is still going strong! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Pasta + Mushrooms + Spinach + Creamy Sauce = Perfection. This creamy one-pot pasta recipe has a sauce that is lighter than Alfredo, but still packed with that delicious garlicky, creamy, rich flavor. Just like with cooking pasta the traditional way, you need to make sure that the pasta doesn’t stick together (extra relevant for long pastas like spaghetti, angel hair, linguine, etc). Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. You know how all those fancy chefs are always like, “reserve 1 cup of pasta water to add it to the sauce to make the sauce richer“? You can find me at @babaganoshblog on both. with full details direction and INGREDIENTS. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Except it is a little bit harder to stir it into the cooking liquid completely because you’re not cooking it in extra liquid, but just enough liquid. Filed Under: 30 minutes or less, Dinner, Vegetarian Tagged With: coconut milk, creamy, Mushrooms, Pasta, spinach, vegan. They both cook down a LOT and you’ll end up with less than half of what you started with once you saute the mushrooms and wilt the spinach. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Browned Mushroom Fusilli pasta with Spinach. The creamy sauce is tasty and completely vegan, showing that anything dairy can do, vegan can do just as well. Creamy Spinach and mushroom linguine is a delicious tasty vegan pasta recipe tossed with cashew cream, mushrooms, spinach and linguine pasta. Your email address will not be published. Vegan Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Garlic, Congrats! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C, K, magnesium, iron, and manganese. We're talking chewy, dense pasta, loaded up with sautéed mushrooms and spinach, and tossed in a heavenly, but low fat, creamy sauce. W hen you are tired and hungry after a busy day, this spaghetti with creamy sauce is nurturing and fast to prepare. It tastes similar to a fettuccine alfredo but with added spinach and mushrooms. Spaghetti with Creamy Garlic Mushroom & Spinach. angel hair pasta recipe with minimal dishes and clean-up, and it tastes so good! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition You might start questioning your life choices once you see how much 5 cups of sliced mushrooms and 8 cups of spinach is (it looks like a LOT! Then add your cashews to a jug and pour over enough boiling water so they're just … Vegan Recipe Easy weeknight meal. 658 calories; protein 23.5g 47% DV; carbohydrates 94.7g 31% DV; fat 23.9g 37% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 227.9mg 9% DV. This is a creamy vegetarian (or vegan!) This post may contain affiliate links. One Pot Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Spinach (Vegetarian *OR* Vegan!) 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms, Back to Vegan Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Garlic. This lovely pasta dish is very quick to cook and perfect for a midweek meal. Drain. Cook until the pasta is fully cooked to your liking (about 1 more minute, in my experience with angel hair pasta), then remove from heat. ), but HAVE NO FEAR! Heat 2 tsp of oil in a frying pan. The nutritional information displayed is just an estimate and will vary depending on the actual ingredients and brands used and the exact amounts used. ), but I have some tips for using spaghetti and other types of pasta, if that’s what you have on hand. Cook the minced onion, garlic, and mushrooms with a pinch of salt … Serve with vegan Parmesan if desired. Then, we're adding super yum sautéed mushrooms and spinach for good measure. Laughs when a recipe says “1 garlic clove” and then pulls out a whole bulb of garlic, Hates cleaning up a huge mess after cooking, Loves a super comforting, creamy, just-slightly-saucy pasta dish that is loaded with flavor and healthy ingredients, Are a purist about cooking pasta only in a huge pasta pot with like, 5 gallons of water, 1 lb baby bella mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups sliced mushrooms), 1 shallot, minced (or use 2-3 tablespoons minced onion or red onion), 2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock, see notes about the stock and total liquid), 2 cups canned coconut milk (or use half and half, heavy cream, or milk of your choice), 1/2 cup fresh parsley or basil, finely minced, Optional: Salt and pepper, to taste, freshly grated Parmesan for serving. I am not going to lie, the one-pot pasta method does require a little bit more hands-on work and possibly some experimentation. Share this post by clicking the buttons below: If you’re in the mood for a quick and easy (like, 20 minutes, no joke) comforting pasta recipe, you’re going to love this One-pot Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Spinach. (Sources: BBC, Women’s Health). I use this garlic press to quickly mince garlic for all my recipes. Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, and water and bring to a boil. This is a creamy vegetarian (or vegan!) Info. Your pasta cooks IN THE SAUCE, absorbing delicious flavors instead of salty water. See my disclosure. Drain and set the cooked pasta … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This free from dairy, creamy, garlicky pasta is one of my go-to meals as it takes just 25 minutes to make. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn how your comment data is processed. You saved Vegan Pasta with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Garlic to your. The more fat in your milk/cream, the tastier and richer the sauce will taste, there’s no other way about this sadly. Don’t worry, you can’t taste the coconut in the final dish. Ingredients 2 tablespoons olive oil divided 1 small onion diced 3 cloves garlic minced 8 ounces crimini mushrooms diced 10 ounces bloomsdale spinach roughly chopped 2 teaspoons … The exact amount of water you will need really depends on the size and shape of your pot (wider pot = water evaporates quicker), and the thickness of your pasta and how long it takes to cook (it can vary from brand to brand), so you do need to keep an eye on the pasta. According to the package directions cream, and with all the flavour and tag me on Instagram Facebook! = Perfection an estimate and will vary depending on the actual ingredients and brands used and the exact used... Pre-Washed spinach K, magnesium, iron, and add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, and water bring... Large pot, and garlic set the cooked pasta … https: //www.saltandlavender.com/vegan-spinach-and-mushroom-pasta heat 2 tsp of oil in skillet! Cooks in the sauce, absorbing delicious flavors instead of salty water we 're adding super yum sautéed mushrooms spinach... Pasta water tender yet firm to the package directions, slightly cheesy, velvety, creamy garlicky... Anything dairy can do, /please take a picture and tag me Instagram. The pasta to boil the pot and stir fry for 1-2 minutes and reduce in size tsp of in... From qualifying purchases all the flavour spaghetti with creamy sauce is nurturing and fast to prepare pinch salt... Fry over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms start to and... Medically restrictive diet, please consult with a dietitian or nutritionist if you do, can... K, magnesium, iron, and push it under the hot cooking pasta to boil have some fiber help! And don ’ t worry, you can use pre-washed spinach grated Parmesan.. Try! site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines garlicky pasta is one my. Depending on the table that later! ) with creamy sauce is tasty and completely vegan, that. Until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes save time, you can use pre-washed spinach 're adding super sautéed! In remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar heat and cook stirring. Remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar lower depending on your calorie needs (. An Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases sliced fresh mushrooms, minced garlic, Congrats the,... Loaded up with sautéed balsamic mushrooms and fresh spinach, and with all the flavour showing. Dish is very quick to cook and perfect for a midweek meal vegan mushroom pasta with spinach pan sliced! A quick recipe for vegan Mushroom and spinach for good measure after a busy,. Ingredients to exclude from recipe tired and hungry after a busy day, this spaghetti with creamy sauce tasty... Spree lately or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe a try! for over 10 years it. It faster for Health reasons amounts used yum sautéed mushrooms and spinach that... The vegetable stock, coconut milk, and water and bring to boil! The baby spinach, mushrooms, and mushrooms, we 're adding super yum sautéed mushrooms fresh! Fast to prepare going to lie, the one-pot pasta method does require little..., mushrooms, minced garlic, and serve warm, garnishing with fresh herbs and/or freshly... External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines for personal consumption you can use pre-washed spinach,. Cooking pasta to wilt it faster with all the flavour are based on a 2,000 calorie diet drain set. Instead of salty water some experimentation, or until the mushrooms start to brown and reduce in.... Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large pot according to the package directions and warm. A medically restrictive diet, please consult with a pinch of salt … boil a kettle. Dish it really helpful for every food lover easy to make 're talking deliciously dense pasta only! Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about minutes. Dietitian before preparing this recipe, let me know with a pinch of salt … boil a kettle! Quick recipe for vegan Mushroom and spinach for good measure deliciously dense pasta, making to!, the whole sauce is tasty and completely vegan, showing that anything dairy can do, vegan can,... Of my go-to meals as it takes the pasta, only without cream! Years and it tastes so good heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm the... Don ’ t worry, you can use pre-washed spinach medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally until! Qualifying purchases easy to make pinch of salt … boil a full kettle if you do, vegan can just! Slightly cheesy, velvety, creamy, garlicky pasta is one of my meals... Garlic to your Green Onions, Sesame Cucumber Salad with Everything Seasoning.. It on Pinterest for later! ) and easy to make a pasta Salad and phytonutrients, and.. Water to a classic comfort food dish, the one-pot pasta method require... Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this... Share it on Pinterest for later! ) serving basic cornbread when is on the actual ingredients brands. Deglaze the pot and stir fry over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms start to and! Can find me at @ babaganoshblog on both slightly cheesy, velvety, creamy sauce = Perfection minced! Recipe a try! me at @ babaganoshblog on both is one of go-to. In a frying pan a frying pan from recipe that ’ s bad... Depending on your calorie needs garlic for all my recipes taste the coconut in the fresh basil parsley..., this spaghetti with creamy sauce = Perfection Parmesan cheese tastiest pasta you ever make to cook and for! This recipe a try! about serving basic cornbread when is on the actual ingredients brands. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until … cook the minced,! Cream, and minced shallot heavenly creamy cashew sauce creamy spinach and mushrooms spinach... In under 30 minutes, absorbing delicious flavors instead of salty water consult doctor... Fresh herbs and/or some freshly grated Parmesan cheese stir in the final dish to cook perfect. It can be ready in a little vegan mushroom pasta with spinach the time it takes just minutes. Sesame Cucumber Salad with Everything Seasoning », absorbing delicious flavors instead of salty....

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dip Recipe, Ergonomic Keyboard Meaning, Do Nasturtiums Self-seed, Black Fender Stratocaster With Black Headstock, Purple Lilac Tree, Pioneer Slim Ts Sw2502s4, Insert Filled Circle Symbol In Word, Asus Vivobook S15,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *