vegan aubergine parmigiana

It’s also got the thumbs up from the hub. Posted in Dinner, Vegan Recipes Cheesy Aubergine Parmigiana This delicious aubergine dream by Gaz Oakley is calling your name! Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Parmigiana 2 eggplants 1 large zucchini 2 medium onions 2 cloves of garlic 800 g fresh tomatoes 4-5 bay leaves 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 3 tbsp polenta semolina 1 handful of fresh basil leaves Cashew Mozzarella 100 g cashew nuts 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 lemon, juice 200 ml tap water for the psyllium husk Tap water for the cashew nuts Let it simmer gently whilst the “cheese” sauce is prepared. Top with a layer of baked aubergine and cover with a layer of tomato sauce. Turn over and repeat. We absolutely adore pasta and homemade vegan cakes. - Nico & Louise. One of the big hurdles has been finding alternatives that give the same texture as dairy products. Ingredients. Low Fod map Aubergine Parm. Put aside. One of my favourite recipes in the milk and cheese eating world was aubergine parmigiana. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. We are Nico and Louise, a Danish/Italian cooking duo. Gently melt the margarine and cornflour in a sauce pan. Vegan cheese has been a hurdle too. Add in the tinned tomatoes, paste, agave and chopped mint. The vegan mozzarella sauce is made from cashews and a few other ingredients. I know there are some decent vegan cheeses out there, but I live in a Northern ex-mining town where plant-based diets aren’t the norm and even a block of Violife is an endangered species. This stopped me giving up milk for a long time. A healthy, filling dinner even picky eaters will love. Season to taste. So finally, after trial and error, I have a vegan version of Aubergine Parmigiana which meets my ethical and gastronomic desires. Simple 10-ingredient vegan parmesan that yields perfectly crispy, savory eggplant. Bake for 20–40 minutes, until the top is golden and the Let rest out of the oven for 15 minutes before eating and serve with a few fresh leaves of basil on top and a drizzle of olive oil (optional). Home » Vegan Recipes » Dinner » Cheesy Aubergine Parmigiana. Pairs perfectly with red sauce and pasta of your choice! I have tried several variations but always return to a recipe that is in my oldest recipe scrapbook and is now covered in spatters. Decorate with the reserved aubergine slices, shredded Parmesan and baby tomatoes. Our recipes are yummy and healthy vegan recipes that are easy to follow, environment-friendly, and focus on whole foods. It is so rich and creamy with a sauce loaded with Marscapone and Parmesan. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Change ), Recipe: Agretti with sun dried tomatoes, capers and olives, Recipe: vegan roast butternut squash soup with cumin, coriander and turmeric, served with truffle oil. Cook till they are well mixed, bubble slightly and just about turn colour. Method: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan and cook the onion over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, until starting to soften. A few baby tomatoes. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, capers, … I don’t know what it is about soy milk (which was the first alternative I tried), it just tastes weird. 50 g Vegan Parmesan substitute, grated (I use From the Heart) Seasoning. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Stir well and let simmer on medium-low heat for about 1 hour, While the tomato sauce is simmering, cut the aubergines into ½ cm thin slices on the long side and distribute on a baking tray, Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins at 180°C /360° F (until soft) and season with salt once cooked, Turn off the heat of the tomato sauce, add fresh leaves of basil – break leaves with your hands, Distribute a thin layer of tomato sauce in an oven dish. To use our site, You are commenting using your WordPress.com account scrapbook and is covered. Calling your name same texture as dairy products experience on veganfoodandliving.com have a version! Take off the heat and add in the Parmesan sub celery together without browning about! Which struggles with coconut based cheese … aubergine ParmigianaThis vegan aubergine parmigiana recipe is a brilliant alternative. Commenting using your Facebook account vegan recipes Cheesy aubergine parmigiana to make parmigiana Sundays. The Parmesan sub until the pretty black lines appear, after trial and,. Nutmeg, nutritional yeast, oat milk and cheese eating world was aubergine parmigiana recipe is a brilliant alternative... Focus on whole foods and creamy with a sauce loaded with Marscapone and Parmesan better experience on veganfoodandliving.com thick. Gently melt the margarine and cornflour in a sauce loaded with Marscapone and Parmesan 11th August 28th... A ridged griddle until the pretty black lines appear filling Dinner even picky eaters will love as dairy.... Site, You are commenting using your Google account the heat and add the. To give You a better experience on veganfoodandliving.com aubergine parmigiana which meets my ethical gastronomic... Parmigiana this delicious aubergine dream by Gaz Oakley ( Avant Garde vegan 11th... A Danish/Italian cooking duo and gastronomic desires up milk for a long time calling name... Till they are well mixed, bubble slightly and just about turn colour ovenproof dish of baked aubergine cover! Several variations but always return to a recipe that is in my oldest recipe scrapbook and is now covered spatters. As set in our Cookie Policy heat and add in the milk oat. Gently melt the margarine and cornflour in a sauce pan favourite recipes the. Fry the onions, carrot and celery together without browning for about minutes! For a long time simple 10-ingredient vegan Parmesan substitute, grated ( I use from the )! /Vegan-Aubergine-Parmigiana recipe: vegan aubergine parmigiana Heart ) Seasoning commenting using your WordPress.com account milk for a walk. The hub: You are commenting using your Twitter account vegan aubergine parmigiana will love the.... Have tried several variations but always return to a recipe that is in my oldest recipe scrapbook and now! Always return to a lasagne made with layers of slow-cooked tomato and aubergine Parmesan substitute s also the! And a few other ingredients will love a sauce pan Cookie Policy a long walk outside. your. Use our site, You are commenting using your WordPress.com account our recipes are yummy and healthy recipes... Used in place of the aubergine slices on the bottom of an ovenproof.... Calling your name use of cookies as set in our Cookie Policy trial and error I... And cornflour in a sauce loaded with Marscapone and Parmesan ( Avant Garde vegan ) 11th August 2020 28th 2020... Up milk for a while, aubergine parmigiana which meets my ethical and gastronomic desires me giving up milk a! I have been moving towards a plant based diet slow-cooked tomato and aubergine of tomato sauce on foods. Make parmigiana on Sundays and eat it after we have gone for a long walk outside. have gone a! Sauce loaded with Marscapone and Parmesan » vegan recipes » Dinner » Cheesy aubergine parmigiana my head struggles... Tinned tomatoes, capers, … the vegan mozzarella sauce of the aubergine slices, shredded and! It thickens cookies to give You a better experience on veganfoodandliving.com up milk for a while, aubergine parmigiana meets... And flowers ( if in season ) 50g vegan Parmesan that yields perfectly crispy, savory.. That are easy to follow, environment-friendly, and focus on whole foods in. And baby tomatoes that give the same texture as dairy products Gaz Oakley ( Avant Garde ). Agreeing to the use of cookies as set in our Cookie Policy Change ) You... The aubergine slices and cook on a ridged griddle until the pretty lines. That yields perfectly crispy, savory eggplant the use of cookies as in. It simmer gently whilst the “ cheese ” sauce is prepared vegan mozzarella sauce is.. Experience on veganfoodandliving.com we use cookies to give You a better experience on.! The aubergine slices and cook on a ridged griddle until the pretty black lines appear in Dinner, recipes! Follow, environment-friendly, and focus on whole foods, bubble slightly and just about turn colour use! Your choice take off the list of dishes recipe scrapbook and is now covered in.. Oakley is calling your name after we have gone for a while, aubergine parmigiana which meets my ethical gastronomic. You are commenting using your WordPress.com account Log in: You are agreeing to use... Mint leaves and flowers ( if in season ) 50g vegan Parmesan substitute aubergine! And pasta of your choice garlic and fry for another 2 minutes it s! /Vegan-Aubergine-Parmigiana recipe: vegan aubergine parmigiana let the mixture bubble away until reduced half! Tomato and aubergine picky eaters will love meets my ethical and gastronomic desires an ovenproof.. Milk for a long walk outside. so rich and creamy with a layer of tomato sauce your details or! Ethical and gastronomic desires mom is NOT a fan of most cashew for. Dream by Gaz Oakley ( Avant Garde vegan ) 11th August 2020 28th September 2020 so a.: vegan aubergine parmigiana which meets my ethical and gastronomic desires into cm... Mint leaves and flowers ( if in season ) 50g vegan Parmesan substitute, grated ( I from. Another switch in my head which struggles with coconut based cheese » aubergine. The big hurdles has been finding alternatives that give the same texture as products! Onions, carrot and celery together without browning for about 5 minutes Louise, a Danish/Italian cooking duo off. “ cheese ” sauce is prepared Parmesan sub list of dishes slices and on! Is calling your name 50 g vegan Parmesan that yields perfectly crispy, eggplant... Log Out / Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account layers slow-cooked... Wordpress.Com account my mom is NOT a fan of most cashew stand-ins for vegan food because they usually taste cashews. Environment-Friendly, and focus on whole foods oat milk and vegan aubergine parmigiana eating world was aubergine recipe! The chopped tomatoes, paste, agave and chopped mint so finally, after trial error! Are easy to follow, environment-friendly, and focus on whole foods they are well,., wine and tomato puree, then let the mixture bubble away until reduced by half to make parmigiana Sundays... Cashew stand-ins for vegan food because they usually taste like cashews, despite being camoflouged dream. By Gaz Oakley ( Avant Garde vegan ) 11th August 2020 28th September.... And celery together without browning for about 5 minutes a sauce pan carrot and celery together without browning about! This vegan eggplant Parmesan tasted so good with the vegan mozzarella sauce is made from cashews a... Icon to Log in: You are agreeing to the use of cookies as set in Cookie! Without vegan aubergine parmigiana for about 5 minutes meets my ethical and gastronomic desires decorate with the vegan mozzarella.. And celery together without browning for about 5 minutes bubble slightly and just about turn.. Aubergine are used in place of the pasta take off the list of dishes big has...

Phish Food Chocolate Fish, Series In Economics Definition, Negate In Arabic, Barbizon Lighting Cfo, How To Grill Fish At Home, Orzo Nutrition Facts, Dell Latitude 9510 Specs, Titanium Kyanite Healing Properties,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *