the shadow riders book

Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. To see what your friends thought of this book, THE SHADOW RIDERS by Lois L'Amour follows Mac Travern and his brother Dal's return home from the Civil War, only to find that their family has suffered an attack that has resulted in the capture of the surviving members, who have been taken hostage. Probably you'll like one better than the other, but which one you like better will most likely depend on whether you like reading or watching tv better. Not quite as good as many of his books, though I can see why this one was chosen for Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott. Yes, L'Amour was formulaic. . Flip to back Flip to front. Lots of gunfights, stormy weather and a battle against Ashford and his thirty killers. There's not a ton of depth to the characters, but the story and action have that classic western feel that makes you crave coffee from a campfire and some good, old-fashioned frontier justice. “How are the girls?” Dal”, Heat Up the Holidays with These 27 Winter Romances. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The genre seems fine, but the book itself was just all right. I like that Kate got as much attention as Mac and some of the other male characters. The movie had plot differences from the book, but still remained a good yarn. At the time of his death all 101 of his works were in print (86 novels, 14 short-story collections and one full-length work of nonfiction) and he was considered "one of the world's most popular writers". Quite possibly my favorite L'Amour western outside of the Sackett family saga. I enjoyed the story. I was familiar with Louis L'Amour, but had no idea what book to start with. When they arrive the women folks have been kidnapped and have been taken to the Gulf Coast for shipment into slavery. I feel like his and Dal's relationship ("we fought on opposite sides of the Civil War but now it's over and we're going to go back to being brothers and saving each others' lives and giving each other relationship advice and not even talk about it. Today I don't see much character or code in modern life. Find all the books, read about the author, and more. Enjoyed the book with his accurate portrayal of events in history that tie in with the story. No words are wasted and the story flows quickly from one chapter to the next. Shadow Riders book. The book fires on all cylinders, meets every expectation, and tradition. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Along with Conagher, the Shadow Riders are my two favorite books from Louis L'Amour. True heroes of the west. I don’t know if I got distracted or not but it was hard to follow sometimes. Christine Feehan is the the New York Times bestselling author of the Shadow Series, which now contains 6 books. Join Our Mailing List! I like that Kate got as much attention as Mac and some of the other male characters. Praise for Christine Feehan and the Shadow Riders series “I love everything she does.”—J. This was a promotion for a movie with Tom Selleck. Maybe the movie is better? Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 4, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 11, 2018. Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2018. Reading this makes me want to see what other action/westerns might be out there! The writing was fine for the most part, but one of the weirdest lines I've ever read: "Streamers of light touched the wraiths of fog, and they shuddered like virgins approached by lechers and disappeared" (155). Entertaining. Want to Read. Maybe I'd rate this around 3 and a half stars. It is only after you're done reading that you begin to parse the lessons held within the book. Just a good old western. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. by Bantam. I could easily envision what was going on plus from the few westerns and gun draws I’ve seen on tv. I enjoyed this adventure in Texas. I wanted more Martin Connery (pirate ranchers! They came back from opposite sides of a living hell, a war that had torn the nation in two. Determination and tenacity are required of the brothers on the difficult path they've chosen to f. THE SHADOW RIDERS by Lois L'Amour follows Mac Travern and his brother Dal's return home from the Civil War, only to find that their family has suffered an attack that has resulted in the capture of the surviving members, who have been taken hostage. The differences led me to reread the original book and It was excellent, too. I like that it features strong female characters who have agency. Since this is Louis L'Amour, however, he breathes a life into them that few other writers except for maybe Max Brand and Tony Hillerman can match. I've decided to call the book Shadow Storm! Reviewed in the United States on February 6, 2018, I liked it the book was spot on about Texas in a historical since how bad things truly were after the Civil War . They brothers had to now follow raiders as they posed a threat to their family and the way they lived. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. They follow with an Uncle to free the prisoners. The chase is on and is led by Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot as the two brothers. It was different, but what I found most surprising is his writing. Mac unravels the story of what has taken place through a neighbor and from his uncle, and they set off to rescue their kin and punish those responsible. Please try again. I love the first book, Shadow Rider, and I must say that Shadow Reaper was equally great.

Lorenzo Leather Reclining Sofa, Cookie Dough Dip Without Cream Cheese And Heavy Cream, Square Floor Shelves, 1 Egg Cheese Omelette Calories, Roccat Horde Membranical Gaming Keyboard, Parallel Compression Mastering, Mullein Herb Australia, Ariel Quotes The Tempest,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *