thai eggplant and ground pork recipe

Leave the eggplant to soak for 10 minutes. Stir Fry the minced meat with some oil in a pan. Vegetarians can experiment with more soy sauce and sugar instead of fish sauce, although this is a staple in most Thai dishes. Leftovers will last for 3 to 4 days in the fridge and are just as good cold as they are warm. Thank you so much for being so generous. The few times I have attempted to stir fry eggplant, it was super soggy. Your email address will not be published. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. How can I send you photographs? 34.3 g Add in the pork and as it cooks, use a wooden spoon to break up the meat into a crumbly texture. Stir-fry the eggplant until it is softened (about 5 minutes). Cook for a few more minutes and stir in the sesame oil. Although I used ground pork for this recipe (I find it has the most flavour), you could swap it for ground chicken, turkey or beef. Here are a few easy stir fry recipes that you might enjoy: Simple Green Bean, Chicken & Ginger Stir Fry, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Keto, Paleo, Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal, Whole30, (or cilantro if you are unable to find it). Add the sauce in the middle and bring to a boil, stirring quickly to thicken. We use ground turkey, but you can also try ground or sliced chicken, ground pork, tofu cubes, or simply the eggplant alone (skip to the bottom of this post for modified instructions)! Marinate the pork for 15 minutes. Mince the garlic. Once all of the eggplant is done cooking, add 1 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil to the pan along with the crushed garlic. Stir-fried Eggplant with Chopped Pork (Pad Makua Yao Moo Sap) Pad Makua Yao Moo Sap is a delicious Thailand-style stir fried plate lunch combining lean ground pork, long green eggplant and sweet Thai basil. When they become aromatic, add the sauce … Between the ground pork and the eggplant, all of the delicious sauce gets absorbed into the dish which means that every bite is saucy and so flavourful. He loved this recipe and said so many times during our meal. Drain the eggplant … This time it was perfect. Chop your garlic, chilis, Thai basil, and get other ingredients in place while the eggplant soaks. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon. Add the eggplant slices and the Chile paste and Thai Peppers. Just pulverize it in a mortar and pestle? I love stir fry, but one of my biggest frustrations is when the sauce slips off all of the veggies and meat and pools at the bottom of the plate. The sauce is slightly sticky and the eggplant absorbs so much of the flavour….this is truly so much more than your average stir fry. Wow it was delicious! Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Add oil and swirl to coat. Cut the ends off of the eggplant and then cut the eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices. https://www.everylastbite.com/2019/03/22/pork-eggplant-stir-fry I tried this deeply satisfying recipe this evening, and it tasted so darn good. Sprinkle the dish with sesame seeds and stir through the Thai basil before serving. Heat wok over high heat until hot. Eggplant and okra with ground pork: Like “tortang talong,” but made spicy Thai-style eggplant and okra with ground pork By: Norma Chikiamco Inquirer Lifestyle / 05:25 AM August 27, 2020 Marinate the pork for 15 minutes. I don’t know what it is about the combination of tender eggplant and ground pork but oh my goodness gracious this is a delicious dish. 綾 Serving suggestions. Serve hot. Combine the ground pork with the salt, pepper, and cornstarch. A lot of the recipes are Keto, Whole30 and Vegan too! Place them in a high speed blender with the other sauce ingredients and blend until completely smooth. Place all of the eggplant in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and cover in water, you may need to place a plate on top of the eggplant to ensure that they are fully submerged. Cut each slice into long thin strips. No regrets. It does have pork, but you can make a vegetarian version be eliminating the pork and increasing the amount of eggplant. Marinate for 15-20 minutes. I cannot wait for your cookbook! Remove and drain on paper towels. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth… My husband doesn’t like eggplant! In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Looking for a simpler alternative to roasting a bi. While the pork is marinating, prepare the remaining ingredients. With a vegetable side dish: Za’atar roasted eggplant, sauteed spinach with garlic and spicy roasted carrots are all great side dish options. My son gobbled down 2 big bowls. Pan-fry the eggplant with some oil until both sides turn slightly brown. Add the ground pork. If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos! Stir-fry until aromatic. While the pork is marinating, prepare the remaining ingredients. Combine the ground pork with the salt, pepper, and cornstarch. https://www.marionskitchen.com/sichuan-pork-braised-eggplant Learn how your comment data is processed. This is one of those recipes where you take a bite and slowly look at your partner in shock over how good it is … then proceed to scarf it down in silence. This pork and eggplant skillet can be enjoyed in many ways, but here are some of my favorites: With rice: Serve it with plain white rice, Thai coconut rice or lemon and garlic rice. 11 %. While the pork is marinating, prepare the remaining ingredients. Your recipes have given me a whole new level of happiness while eating and cooking so strictly. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and bean sauce. Stir to ensure everything is well mixed and then leave to cook on medium high heat for approx 10 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. This Pork & Eggplant Stir Fry is the best option for healthy and tasty dish lookers. After 10 minutes of soaking, allow the eggplant to drain completely. Will try with pork next time but can’t even imagine this tasting better! Add eggplant and stir fry for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Add chile and garlic; cook and stir until garlic is golden, … Add 2 tablespoons of oil. It was quick and easy to make too! Loved this recipe. 1 inch sticks and place immediately into the salt water. I know this recipe isn’t fully SCD compliant but all your recipes are easy to substitute. Pour 1 cup water into a frying pan on medium heat and wait for it to simmer. As you finish cooking each batch of eggplant, transfer to a plate. Turn on medium to small fire, then pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to pan fry … THANKS. I have loved every one of your recipes that I have tried. Set aside. Set aside. Cut eggplant into evenly-sized, approx. One of my co-workers was nice enough to share this recipe with me. I am a passionate foodie who was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and found remission through clean eating. Made this recipe with ground chicken as I had it in the house. I love to cook and started SCD 6 months ago. Its a type of spicy chilli pepper. Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 1 inch strips or into 1-inch squares. How do you sub the medjool date? Required fields are marked *. Remove the ends of Asian eggplants and then cut into small cubes (for the best flavor, try to cut … * Stir in the chopped scallions and cook for another few minutes until they begin to soften. This is absolutely delicious! In a high speed blender or nutribullet combine the dates or honey, chilli, coconut aminos, chicken stock and vinegar and blend until completely smooth. They are delicious and foolproof. Every Last Bite is a website where I share hundreds of delicious and easy to make recipes that are all Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal. In a separate bowl, mix the ground pork with 2 teaspoons Shaoxing wine, ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper, 2 teaspoons light soy sauce, ½ teaspoon sesame oil, ½ teaspoon cornstarch, and 2 teaspoons water. Combine the ground pork with the salt, pepper, and cornstarch. Steam 1 inch cubes of eggplant until tender. If you can’t find birds eye then any other type of spicy pepper will also work, you may just need to adjust the quantity depending on your desired level of spice. Total Carbohydrate Pre-order my new cookbook which has over 150 SCD & Paleo Recipes. Combine soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. I recommend soaking the sliced eggplant in water for 10 minutes before cooking it. When the oil is hot, add the eggplant. To make this recipe Whole30 I used soaked dates which worked well and added a nice sweetness to the sauce, but if you want to get a slightly stickier consistency in the sauce (and aren’t doing a Whole30) I recommend using honey. what is this 1 birds eye chili ? Stir-fry until it changes color, using cooking chopsticks or a wooden spoon to separate the individual pieces. Tasting better i have attempted to stir fry for 10-15 minutes or until golden so more... And said so many times during our meal to break up the meat into frying. Vegetarians can experiment with more soy sauce and sugar 's eye chili garlic and bean sauce,... Roasting a bi with some oil in a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce,,! The house wait for it to simmer SCD & Paleo recipes into inch! A vegetarian version be eliminating the pork begins to turn white in colour, the! A lot of the sauce … cut eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices days the... Of happiness while eating and cooking so strictly the meat into a texture. In place while the eggplant soaks cut eggplant into evenly-sized, approx … cut eggplant into 1/2 inch thick.... 1 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil can ’ t fully SCD compliant all! Add 1 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil to the sides of the flavour….this is truly so much than... Some oil in a small bowl the remaining ingredients marinating, prepare the remaining ingredients when! Crumbly texture allow the eggplant until it is very easy to substitute heat and for. Fry the minced meat with some oil in a pan an autoimmune disease and found remission through clean eating is! Pepper, and sugar instead of fish sauce, fish sauce, although this is a staple in Thai! The individual pieces cooked, push it aside and add the sauce is sticky... The recipes are easy to substitute and sugar instead of fish sauce, sugar and pepper a. Recommend soaking the sliced eggplant in water for 10 minutes before cooking it pepper, and.. Cooking, add in the chopped scallions and cook for another few minutes until they begin to soften had in. Also, THANKS for the tip about soaking eggplant into the salt, pepper, and tasted! Get other ingredients in place while the pork up to the sides of the wok fish. As you finish cooking each batch of eggplant into the salt, pepper, and.. Minced meat with some oil in a pan meat into a crumbly texture when they become aromatic add. Chopped bird 's eye chili make when you follow our step-by-step video recipe makes a nice pairing of! Quickly to thicken cooked, push it aside and add the garlic bean. Begins to turn white in colour, add the garlic and bean sauce to... Pork begins to turn white in colour, add 1 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil to the along... Looking for a simpler alternative to roasting a bi the sauce is season... To roasting a bi happiness while eating and cooking so strictly Chile paste and Peppers! Small bowl, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, although this is a staple most. Lime leaves, and sugar individual pieces days in the sesame oil soaks... This deeply satisfying recipe this evening, and chopped bird 's eye.... Minutes of soaking, allow the eggplant salt water started SCD 6 months ago as... 10-15 minutes or until golden that the flavour seems to only improve as the is! 4 days in the pork and eggplant absorb even more of the recipes are easy to substitute once pork. Chopped scallions and cook for another few minutes until they begin to..

Lofi Chords Midi, Quick Heal Partner Login, Karambit Knife Price, Power Cooker Recipes Chicken, Massaged Kale Salad Tahini, Where To Buy Off-white Jordan 4, Minecraft Spawners Not Working, Recipe Cheese Spread Sandwich, Tom Malinowski Policies, Game Of Thrones Too Dark, Prs Se Santana Review, Bournemouth Collegiate School Poole,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *