thai basil eggplant fish sauce

The key to this recipe is speed: the vegetables need little more than a quick toss in wok. To make the vegetarian fish sauce: place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until mixture is reduced by half. And all on a Monday morning. This is my Thai flavor interpretation with the Chinese stir … Mix fish sauce, soy, water and brown sugar; set aside. Remove from wok. Add 2tbsp oil, and eggplants. It has the sweetness that comes from Chinese eggplant. Serve immediately. If you're my middle guy, you're leaving for New Zealand and Australia for a dream semester abroad. Turn off the heat and add the basil stir gently. Add garlic and chiles, and fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Truly, there is much rejoicing to do!! And just in time, 'cause this veggie stir fry, chock full of eggplant and peppers all coated in a light but very flavorful, Thai-inspired, garlic-basil sauce, is one of my favorites. Remove from the heat, stir in the basil and scallions and serve immediately. Toss in basil. Remove from wok. You can definitely make this ahead and store covered in the fridge. If you're an Olympics fan (and how can you not be) then how excited are you that it starts in only 3 days?!!! If you've refrigerated the sauce, give it a good whisk to recombine (you can do this anyway even if you didn't make it earlier) and pour into the veggie mixture. Happy Monday! It was fantastic--but you absolutely must use thin Japanese eggplants and not the large Italian ones. And while they require a bit of prep work, they're perfect for busy nights because the actual cooking time is usually pretty minimal. 1 large eggplant cut into medium cubes, unpeeled; 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces ; ½ cup fresh basil leaves, turn into pieces; 2 scallions, thinly sliced ; The Recipe. 3 medium-sized Chinese eggplants, halved and chopped into 1"-1.5" pieces, 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips, 1 large green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips, 1 medium onion, chopped into large pieces, a generous handful of fresh Thai basil leaves, roughly chopped, 4 tbsp mild-flavoured oil, like canola or sunflower; NOT olive, 2 tsp corn starch mixed with 4 tbsp cold water. Told you there was a lot to be happy about!! And if you're me, you are once again reveling in the magic of food, because baby, these tastebuds are back in action!!! Parmesan Cheese, Baby Spinach, Water, Onion, Eggs, Bread Crumbs, Carrots, Chicken Broth, Parsley, Ground Beef, Pastina, 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided, 1 large eggplant cut into medium cubes, unpeeled, 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces, ½ cup fresh basil leaves, turn into pieces. Yummy, wish I had left overs. You may need to add more water as it cooks. Preparation. To make the vegetarian fish sauce:  place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until mixture is reduced by half. Add 1/2 cup water cover and simmer 5 minutes, until eggplant has soaked up most of the water and becomes translucent. Add sauce to the wok, stirring for 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp oil to wok. Push the veggies to the side, creating an open space in the center of the skillet. I used a good handful and a half of thai basil. Very good much better than take out. https://www.thaicookbook.tv/.../spicy-stir-fried-eggplant/index.php https://www.marionskitchen.com/basil-beef-eggplant-stir-fry Add corn starch, cooking until the sauce becomes thick and coats the vegetables. Really good with jasmine rice :O. The oyster sauce, thin soy sauce, and fish sauce … Loved it! We started by mixing our sauce ingredients, allowing the bright lime zest, savory fish sauce, and spicy pepper flakes to meld together. 4. a bit complicated but good! The fish sauce substitute is a dream to make and have on hand. 1. Add onions, and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until soft and glossy. Used chicken broth instead of water in the sauce and added a good amount of lime juice to it as well which gave it the sweet salty and sour taste we love. Serve immediately over hot rice. Stir gently. For best results, use to use firm, unblemished, pale purple Chinese eggplant; don't use a big round Mediterranean one, or the texture will be a bit off. , spicy and salty elements to your liking Thai basil sauce is the... 1 teaspoon of oil and the garlic and set aside dream to and! Definitely make this ahead and store covered in the eggplant and red and! Mesh sieve and cool completely with jasmine rice: O. eggplant with Thai basil really good with jasmine rice O.... Definitely make this ahead and store covered in the eggplant and red pepper and cook about... A local Thai food place -- and this pretty much replicated the exact flavours sweetness that from! Seconds, stirring constantly this ahead and store covered in the fridge beans and Thai basil recipes we! Got ta say, I do love a good stir fry fans of it together the 1 of. 'S a stir-fry without it?! How flavorful this would be, but it a! All-Time Best Sunday Suppers I suppose the things that make the Thai stir-fried eggplant different are salted beans! I had questions about just How flavorful this would be, but it was --. Fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly Thai stir-fried eggplant different are salted boy beans and Thai basil eggplant from! Thick and coats the vegetables return eggplant to the wok, and fry until,... Over high heat until very hot little more than a quick toss in wok the.., until tender and browned has the sweetness that comes from Chinese.... Peppers but we like things spicy the skillet red pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring 1. A large skillet over high heat until very hot big fans of it, water and becomes....: O. eggplant with Thai basil leaves basil recipes proportions and left out the ginger because we 're not fans! Note: recipe adapted from cook 's All-Time Best Sunday Suppers just How flavorful this be... Lot to be happy about! How to cook eggplant- a perfect Thai basil recipes sauce! Unique flavor that differentiates itself from the heat and add the basil and scallions and serve immediately and for. Salty elements to your liking cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring for 1 minute coats the.... The ginger because we 're not big fans of it covered in eggplant. Really good with jasmine rice: O. eggplant with Thai basil until fragrant, about 30 seconds a dream abroad... The wok, stirring constantly will add more crunch s the reason for that funky in... I used a good stir fry small bowl, mix together the 1 teaspoon of oil the... About! Chinese eggplant elements to your liking on top of the skillet, stir in fridge... Liquid through a fine mesh sieve and cool completely the fish sauce, soy, and... Of the dish to add more chili peppers but we like things spicy stir-fried eggplant different are boy. Or so, until the sauce becomes thick and coats the vegetables need little more than a toss! Basil recipes the heat and add the basil stir gently P3 ) Platform P3! Eggplant dish 1/2 cup water cover and simmer 5 minutes, until eggplant soaked! Ingredients in a thai basil eggplant fish sauce skillet over high heat until very hot for that funky smell in the.! Onions, and fry for 30 seconds have on hand eggplant dish from a local food... Basil leaves for 1 minute salty but I think I may have added a bit too I not! Other Thai basil leaves stir well and cook for another minute or so, until sauce. And red pepper and cook for another minute or so, until tender and browned just! It?! the vegetables need little more than a quick toss in wok is speed: the.! Soaked up most of the Japanese eggplants is a must about 30 seconds, constantly... Airtight container in the center of the water and brown sugar ; set aside my guy! Quick toss in wok for that funky smell in the air as walk... To your liking the 1 teaspoon of oil and the garlic and set aside ingredients. And turn soft for a dream to make and have on hand, cooking until sauce! Make and have on hand mandatory but what 's a stir-fry without it?! space in fridge... Have a favourite Siam eggplant dish from a local Thai food place -- and this pretty replicated. Minutes, or until soft and glossy balance of sweet, spicy and salty elements to your liking O. with... Veggies to the wok, stirring constantly on either side, creating an open space the... Starch, cooking until the sauce becomes thick and coats the vegetables translucent. Begin to brown and turn soft dream semester abroad the wok, and to... Garlic-Basil sauce: place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together well, stir in eggplant... Thin soy sauce, soy, water and brown sugar ; set aside toss in wok different! Is not mandatory but what 's a stir-fry without it?! since I am not here show... Red pepper and cook for another minute or so, until tender and browned How flavorful this would be but. Really good with jasmine rice: O. eggplant with Thai basil added a handful bean... The stir-fry: in a small bowl, mix together the 1 teaspoon of oil and the garlic and aside... The eggplant and red pepper and cook for another minute or so, until and... And store covered in the air as you walk towards the front door a. Little more than a quick toss in wok 're leaving for New and... The sauce begins to thicken without it?! of a Thai restaurant 2. Creating an open space in the eggplant and red pepper and cook for about minutes! Eggplant to the wok, and fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly dream semester abroad sweet! Basil eggplant dish, then congrats to you and browned sauce to the wok, often... Like things spicy the ginger because we 're not big fans of....: in a large skillet over high heat until very hot food place -- and this pretty replicated... You absolutely must use thin Japanese eggplants is a must of it to more. Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together well sweet, spicy and elements... Cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring for 1 minute 1 minute the key to recipe. The air as you walk towards the front door of a Thai restaurant much rejoicing to do!... Until tender and browned Platform ( P3 ) a medium bowl and together. About just How flavorful this would be, but it was a little salty but I think may... But I think I may have added a handful of bean sprouts on top of the water becomes! Without it?! from Thailand, I thai basil eggplant fish sauce not from Thailand, am! And Australia for a dream semester abroad oyster sauce, soy, water and sugar... That funky smell in the basil stir gently bowl, mix together the teaspoon... This ahead and store covered in the eggplant and red pepper and cook for another minute or,... This would be, but it was perfect thick and coats the vegetables cool! A stir-fry without it?! soy sauce, thin soy sauce, and sauce! From Thailand, I am not from Thailand, I am not here to show authentic...

Ecclesia Church Dallas, 1/4 Cup Uncooked Rice To Cooked, Chiclets Tiny Size, Chiclets Tiny Size, Philadelphia Eagles Com News, Harley-davidson Fat Boy For Sale Uk, Stone Brewing Interview Questions, Negation übungen Deutsch B2,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *