telefunken m82 review

The D12 VR with mid scoop and LF/HF boost sounded pretty good up close to the batter. Why does Liam Gallagher's vocals sound shit. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. Telefunken Alchemy Series | Audio Examples. For my 22" X 16" bass drum with the M82 and the mid-EQ switch engaged the sound/tone is exceptional. Finally, I tried both mics on my own spoken voice (I've used the Heil before on podcasts and find it works very well for this). This thing just doesn’t meet expectations you will have for a $400 microphone when it comes to Spoken Word, Singing, Electric Guitar, or Acoustic guitar. Is this the last kick-drum mic you'll ever need? This setting made very light work of getting an aggressive, pokey, hard-rock kick drum, and would even suit heavier metal styles, which tend to require a very clicky, 'popcorn' kick sound in order to cut through a wall of guitars. There are plenty of capacitor mics to choose from, however, including the Sontronics DM1B and the rather more costly Milab BDM01. After purchasing the Telefunken M82 it is almost a dead toss up for my personal mic preference depending on which size kick drum I'm using. I preferred nearly all the mics and EQ settings in the farther positions. This is said to eliminate the 'boxy' character of some kick drums. I should also note that the Heil was significantly more sensitive (over 20dB), requiring me to both engage a pad and back off the gain a bit to get the same sort of level. Telefunken Elektroakustik M82 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review A flexible kick drum dynamic microphone that also excels with voice overs, bass amps, and brass instruments. I can think of two other dynamic kick-drum mics that offer different voicing options: the similarly priced AKG D12VR and the slightly cheaper ElectroVoice RE320. The plot indicates that the mic is more or less flat between 40Hz and 10kHz, with the low end rolling off gently (-6dB at 30Hz), and the high end dropping off more rapidly, being around 30dB down at 20kHz. It never once sounded bad, and in some settings, it sounded very good indeed. A rugged, large-diaphragm dynamic mic that, while expensive, provides good value in terms of offering a wide range of tones. May 26th, 2013 at 10:47 am. Included with the review model was an M782 threaded mounting clip, a 'pencil-case' style carrying pouch, and an XLR cable with a right-angled plug at the female end. In almost all of my spoken-word comparisons with the Heil I preferred the M82, the exception being that the Telefunken sounded a mite more woolly in 'flat' mode. For my tests, I plugged the M82 into my Soundcraft Series 600, taking a direct out and feeding it into Pro Tools HD via a 96 I/O interface. Employing a capsule derived from that of the company's earlier M80 handheld vocal mic, Telefunken say the M82 is suitable for a multitude of sources, including bass amps, organs and brass instruments. While I thought the flat setting would work well for older styles of music (blues or jazz, say), the high boost didn't add much of use. In terms of look and feel, the M82 is what I would describe as 'stocky'. The latest mic from the Telefunken stable has no fewer than four different voicing options. There was a slightly boxy quality to the sound, but switching in the Kick EQ (mid-cut) cured this completely. One Synth Challenge V - The Filter Strikes Back! You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address. All rights reserved. 7 Responses to “AKG D12VR and Telefunken M82 Kick Drum Mic Review” jon Tidey. Both affect the frequency response, with the latter introducing a high-end boost that is around 2dB up at 2kHz, rising to 9dB up at 10kHz. The two sounded most similar with the M82 in mid-cut-only mode, with the Telefunken having slightly more high-end 'slap' and the Heil displaying a bit more presence in the upper mids. The final voicing on offer was the combination of high boost and no mid-cut, which I didn't find quite so useful. Favorites for me were the Beta 52, RE320 + kick EQ, M82 with Kick + High Boost. Curiously, given that it's not really marketed as a kick mic, the Heil also seemed to have a bit more going on in the extreme lows — although the differences there were quite subtle. No other bass drum mic has ever caught my ear or rivaled the ATM25 .

Haworthia Viscosa Care, Log Cabin Living Ohio Episode, Pulmonaria 'pretty In Pink, Can You Leave Aquarium Plants In Pots, Diy Backyard Balance Beam, Church Of God International Offices, 2 Wire Well Pump Wiring Diagram, Cara Gee Twitter,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *