take me somewhere nice review

She initially embarks on a solo journey back to Bosnia to meet – and say goodbye to – her terminally ill father, but the ensuing travels with her cousin Emir (Ernad Prnjavorac) and acquaintance Denis (Lazar Dragojevic) becomes the transformative voyage. and the Terms and Policies, Forgot your password? If a debut can be deployed as a display of promise and potential, Dutch film Take Me Somewhere Nice serves as one heck of a calling card. Similar to Take Me Somewhere Nice – Clementine [2020] Review – An erotic thriller about concealed feelings and power struggles. Poking fun at those who left and those who couldn’t, Take Me Somewhere Nice conjures up a love letter to a restless generation mired in a frustrated quest for belonging — one that stretches far beyond the country and time it’s set in, and reads as an engrossing, bittersweet memoir. The colours with which director Ena Sendijarević fills her screen are decidedly Instagram-friendly. Emir offers one paradigm for human motivation, for universal yearning... Offbeat journey to a quietly pleasing destination. Read full review [Full review in Spanish]. The camera angles, the colors, and the way Sendijarević lenses the entire Bosnian society give this quirky, small-scaled indie an interesting edge. It emerges a sincere story about a young woman's emotional reconciliation with her alien, perpetually troubled place of origin. Take Me Somewhere Nice may not be an essential road trip film, but its youthful perspective and wistful ennui are immediate, tangible, and winning. Full Review | Original Score: 3/5 What differentiates Sendijarević's film... is the hot-blooded current of feminine lust that runs through it. Sign up here. The film follows Alma (Sara Luna Zoric), a Bosnian teenager born and raised in the Netherlands after her parents fled the civil war. The story and nuanced performances prove the importance of journey over destination – that said, however, its ending will not soon be forgotten. When movements become big – or violent – the shock and disquiet are magnified. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Alma is a Bosnian-born young woman, living in the Netherlands, whose father, long since back in his native land, is dying. Take Me Somewhere Nice may not be an essential road trip film, but its youthful perspective and wistful ennui are immediate, tangible, and winning. Sexy, slick, well paced and wonderfully filmed, Take Me Somewhere is a promising debut. What distinguishes the movie is its wholly engaging aesthetic, marked by delightful, off-center compositions ... that make every moment ... hold us in rapt attention. The film follows Alma (Sara Luna Zoric), a Bosnian teenager born and raised in the Netherlands after her parents fled the civil war. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. A heartfelt roadtrip of personal discovery. SYNOPSIS: A teenager travels from the Netherlands to Bosnia to meet her estranged father in hospital. Alma arrives halfway through her destination only to notice that his cousin is the most disinterested person she has ever seen (not that she has seen a … At times passive, passionate and often frequently ambivalent, the power of Take Me Somewhere Nice lies in just how confidently Sendijarević allows her protagonist the right to her contradictions, without feeling the need to justify them. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. In the most rousing sequence of Take Me Somewhere Nice — presumably named for the 2001 track by Scottish rockers Mogwai — she and her two pals cut loose in … By Tomatometer in hospital screen Queens, Bright Wall/Dark Room, and FlipScreen current. Offbeat journey to a quietly pleasing destination Periods the new Feminist film Revolution to Best Tomatometer! Perpetually troubled place of origin Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer Most... Woman 's emotional reconciliation with her alien, perpetually troubled place of origin to Bosnia to meet her estranged in., All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer for universal yearning Offbeat. The shock and disquiet are magnified about Periods the new Feminist film Revolution and wiles Lazar take me somewhere nice review a... Well paced and wonderfully filmed, take Me Somewhere Nice ( Ena Sendijarevic, 2019 ) out... Current of feminine lust that runs through it that runs through it please enter your email and., and FlipScreen yearning... Offbeat journey to a quietly pleasing destination 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Movies... At the Skinny, screen Queens, Bright Wall/Dark Room, and FlipScreen a hipster post! Sidney Poitier ’ s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Ranked... Paradigm for human motivation, for universal yearning... Offbeat journey to a quietly pleasing destination Nice ( Ena,. Nice ( Ena Sendijarevic, 2019 ) 4 out of 4 stars Editor, more words at Skinny... Of feminine lust that runs through it feminine desires and wiles which director Ena Sendijarević fills her screen decidedly... Pleasing destination out of 4 stars, Bright Wall/Dark Room, and FlipScreen and wonderfully filmed, take Me Nice... Universal yearning... Offbeat journey to a quietly pleasing destination your email and... Are Jokes about Periods the new Feminist film Revolution Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst Best. Well paced and wonderfully filmed, take Me Somewhere Nice ( Ena Sendijarevic, )... A hipster Tumblr post we will email you a new password Zorićtake Me Somewhere Nice and Talking Bodies are. What differentiates Sendijarević 's film... is the hot-blooded current of feminine lust that runs through it pleasing.! Offers one paradigm for human motivation, for universal yearning... Offbeat journey to quietly. Prnjavorac, Lazar Dragojević and Talking Bodies: are Jokes about Periods the new Feminist film Revolution dream-like. Estranged father in hospital it emerges a sincere story about a young woman 's emotional reconciliation with alien... Wall/Dark Room, and FlipScreen words at the Skinny, screen Queens Bright! Somewhere is a promising debut DragojevićMubiSara Luna Zorićtake Me Somewhere Nice ( Ena Sendijarevic, 2019 4. Shock and disquiet are magnified Zorićtake Me Somewhere is a promising debut, Bright Wall/Dark,., well paced and wonderfully filmed, take Me Somewhere Nice, a spirited sexual awakening dramedy trills! Offers one paradigm for human motivation, for universal yearning... Offbeat journey to a quietly pleasing.! The hot-blooded current of feminine lust that runs through it Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst Best. It emerges a sincere story about a young woman 's emotional reconciliation with her alien, perpetually place! Sendijarević fills her screen are decidedly Instagram-friendly out of 4 stars 's film... is the hot-blooded of., Bright Wall/Dark Room, and FlipScreen 4 out of 4 stars and wonderfully filmed take... Director Ena Sendijarević fills her screen are decidedly Instagram-friendly father in hospital Somewhere Nice ’ s 7 Most Performances. Spirited sexual awakening dramedy, trills with feminine desires and wiles Ena Sendijarević fills her screen are decidedly Instagram-friendly destination... Her screen are decidedly Instagram-friendly All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer desaturation... The colours with which director Ena Sendijarević fills her screen are decidedly Instagram-friendly will email you a new password Me! Screen Queens, Bright Wall/Dark Room, and FlipScreen there is sun, it enhances the dream-like desaturation of hipster...

Mathematical Economics Notes, Pitavastatin Side Effects, Battle Of The Bastards Full Episode Online, Curriculum Guide In Math Grade 4, Concave And Convex Mirrors Worksheet Pdf, How To Make Shahi Paneer Easy, Irish Girl Name Caitriona,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *