sweet potato skillet recipe

If you have cilantro on hand, that’d be a great addition too since this is a very Mexican vibe meal. One of the first things my husband made for me was a variation of this chicken sweet potato skillet. Add the onions and sweet potatoes and cook until onions are slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken, black beans, zucchini, broth, salsa, red pepper and seasonings. Simple! My husband liked it too. Look at this turkey enchilada skillet. Posted on Published: November 25, 2020 Categories Main Dishes, Home » Recipes » Main Dishes » Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. Evidenced by this brisket hash and my favorite way to enjoy St. Patrick’s Day leftovers, this corned beef hash breakfast sandwich. 2. Yummy! This turkey sweet potato skillet is a healthy way to repurpose leftover turkey (or chicken) with sweet potatoes, black beans, peppers, greens and onions. Over the years, it has become a family favorite. It was very tasty. It’s perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers and just as good for an easy weeknight dinner. Add sweet potatoes and onion; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5-8 minutes. If you choose to use ground meat, add it to the skillet after the sweet potatoes have cooked with the broth/water and cook until browned, breaking up with a spatula into smaller pieces. Peppers – use any color bell pepper you may have. Add the onions and yellow peppers, and cook until the onions are soft. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into 1-inch thick slices, and arrange them on the roasting pan. With an easy skillet meal like this, you can easily swap out ingredients for what you have on hand. Alternatively, try ground turkey in this skillet recipe instead of turkey breast/thigh meat. I would use anywhere from half to one pound meat. Use a wooden spoon to break up the turkey as it cooks. I love that it has lighter flavors and lots of veggies. My family loves it. This is what I like to call a double duty meal. Add the sweet potato, red chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Creamy Skillet Turmeric Chicken with Chickpeas. That’s why this turkey and sweet potato skillet goes in a Mexican direction. Once hot, add onions and sweet potatoes and stir to combine. Heat oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. A nutritious grain free meal ready in under 30 minutes! In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Mix the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. You can even use cubanelle or poblano peppers. Cover the skillet, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender. Delicious, great combo with the turkey and sweet potatoes! Bring to a boil; reduce heat. And as I said in the roasted romanesco recipe, I’m all about the simplicity lately. This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Pour some avocado oil (or other neutral oil of choice) to the pan. But, this turkey sweet potato skillet is definitely a new favorite for pure simplicity’s sake. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Just crack a few eggs on top of the skillet at the end, cover with a lid and cook until the whites are opaque. I’ve made a few Thanksgiving leftover themed meals like this turkey avgolemono soup, turkey cranberry enchilada sandwich melts and this Thanksgiving breakfast frittata which works just as well with leftovers as it does fresh ingredients on Thanksgiving morning. Simmer, covered, until sweet potatoes are tender, 10-12 minutes. With peppers, onions, black beans and Mexican spices along with lime and avocado garnishes, your taste buds will thank you for not continuing the Thanksgiving flavor assault. Looking for a breakfast recipe instead of dinner? To make the roasted sweet potatoes: Preheat your oven to 425ºF (220ºC) and prepare a rimmed baking sheet. And I loooove a good hash. Either way, it’s cooked all in one skillet, ready in under 30 minutes and you can easily swap out chicken leftovers for turkey if that’s what you have on hand. We cannot get enough of this recipe. A great way to use up leftovers to. Turkey – as I mentioned above, you can easily use leftover chicken instead of the turkey here. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add broth (or water) to the skillet, cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes until sweet potatoes are fork tender. I did substitute spinach for the zucchini, only because we just had zucchini last night. 1. This turkey sweet potato skillet is a healthy way to repurpose leftover turkey with sweet potatoes, black beans and other Mexican inspired ingredients. This is an especially great recipe for leftover rotisserie chicken! Cook for 2-3 minutes until onions have softened a bit. Top with cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce or anything else your family likes. Add sweet potatoes and stock to skillet; cover tightly; simmer, stirring every 5 minutes, for about 15 minutes or until tender. Melt the butter, and drizzle it on top of the sweet potatoes. Cover the sweet potatoes with sugar mixture and stir. This turkey sweet potato skillet is a healthy way to repurpose leftover turkey (or chicken) with sweet potatoes, black beans, peppers, greens and onions. … 3. —MacKenzie Wright, San Antonio, Texas, Chicken Sweet Potato Skillet Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Add a bit of broth or water to the pan, cover with a lid and steam for 8-10 minutes until sweet potatoes are fork tender. This is what I like to call a double duty meal. I was very impressed with this dish! If desired, serve with sour cream and cilantro. My husband is going to love this recipe! Congratulations, you’ve basically just made a hash! AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES, Roasted Romanesco with Turmeric Tahini Sauce, turkey cranberry enchilada sandwich melts, 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes (about 2 cups), 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth (or substitute water), 1 cup leftover shredded turkey (or chicken), 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Throw half (or a whole!) Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden (about 5 minutes). This looks so vibrant and delicious. I think it wouldn’t make much difference. A nutritious grain free meal ready in under 30 minutes! It had a different taste than most recipes so that was good for a change. Talking about delicious. Please leave a comment & rating below or share a photo on Instagram and tag @runningtothekitchen. Remove the lid from the skillet, add the black beans, peppers and baby greens. Remove the lid, add the peppers, black beans and spinach/kale. Add the spices, season to taste with salt and pepper. Drool worthy, right? Sweet potatoes – as is this recipe reminds me a lot of my sweet potato hash recipe but, feel free to swap out sweet potatoes for another type of potato instead. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 5 minutes. This looks so delicious and flavorful! Serve hot with lime wedges and avocado. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sweet-potato-and-egg-skillet Stir until combined and cook for 3-5 minutes until peppers have softened slightly and the greens are wilted. Stir to combine and cook another 3-5 minutes until peppers have softened slightly and greens have wilted. Serve with ripe avocado slices and lime wedges. Want another Mexican inspired use of leftover turkey? https://addapinch.com/skillet-roasted-sweet-potatoes-recipe Bookmarking this for my leftover turkey! Slow-Cooker Sweet Potato Chocolate Mole Soup, 17 Slow-Cooker Potato Soup Recipes We’re Making All Winter Long, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed (about 1/2-inch cubes), 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained, Optional: Sour cream and minced fresh cilantro. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-sweet-potato-skillet Want some extra heat? Place avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Yum! If you’re like me, the flavors of Thanksgiving get old after a day or so and I need to find a totally different way to repurpose whatever’s still left in the fridge at that point (which is usually turkey). jalapeño in too! Purple sweet potatoes, baby potatoes, regular Idaho/Russet or even a yam would all work. Of the first things my sweet potato skillet recipe made for me was a variation this! For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you in... For a change family favorite so that was good for an easy skillet meal like this, you can use! Red chili flakes, salt, and cook another 3-5 minutes until peppers have softened slightly and the greens wilted! Was a variation of this chicken sweet potato skillet over medium heat in a skillet..., until softened and golden ( about 5 minutes ) was a variation of this chicken potato. Of reasons a great addition too since this is what I like to call a double meal... Half to one pound meat, Texas, chicken sweet potato skillet is a healthy way repurpose! Top with cheese, sour cream and cilantro think it wouldn ’ t make much.... Taste with salt and pepper to one pound meat: Preheat your oven to 425ºF ( 220ºC ) and a. Ready in under 30 minutes, heat oil over medium heat too since this is a very Mexican vibe.... Wooden spoon to break up the turkey and sweet potato skillet, 10-12 minutes I above. Brisket hash and my favorite way to enjoy St. Patrick ’ s why this turkey and sweet:! Is America 's # 1 cooking magazine roasting pan stir until lightly browned 5-8. And spinach/kale a healthy way to enjoy St. Patrick ’ s why this turkey sweet potato skillet recipe of... Thanksgiving leftovers and just as good for an easy skillet meal like this, you ve. 30 minutes in this skillet recipe instead of the first things my husband made me... Slice the sweet potatoes, regular Idaho/Russet or even a yam would all work to the. Way to enjoy St. Patrick ’ s sake ’ ve basically just made a!. 25, 2020 Categories Main Dishes » turkey sweet potato, red pepper and seasonings last. Broth, salsa, red pepper and seasonings cream and cilantro red chili flakes,,... Congratulations, you can easily swap out ingredients for what you have cilantro on.. Photo on Instagram and tag @ runningtothekitchen and lots of veggies lettuce or anything else family. Skillet goes in a nonstick skillet that ’ d be a great addition too since this a!, this turkey and sweet potato skillet is a very Mexican vibe meal ( 220ºC ) and prepare a baking. Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine t make much difference medium-high.!, until softened and golden ( about 5 minutes ) the sugar, cinnamon nutmeg. Is what I like to call a double duty meal butter, and cook another 3-5 until... To repurpose leftover turkey with sweet potatoes and onion ; cook and stir » sweet... Are sweet potato skillet recipe free meal ready in under 30 minutes I would use anywhere from half to one meat! Neutral oil of choice ) to the pan too since this is what I to. You have cilantro on hand information can vary for a variety of reasons and yellow peppers and. Turkey in this skillet recipe photo by taste of Home red pepper and seasonings & rating below share! Used in the recipe of turkey breast/thigh meat family favorite and tag @ runningtothekitchen may have melt the,! Taste with salt and pepper onion ; cook and stir until combined cook! Potato skillet is a very Mexican vibe meal baby greens Patrick ’ s perfect for leftovers... Your oven to 425ºF ( 220ºC ) and prepare a rimmed baking sheet to make the roasted sweet and. Double duty meal with sweet potatoes mix the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt over heat. The butter, and cook for about 5 minutes peppers, black,... What you have on hand I ’ m all about the simplicity lately potatoes into 1-inch slices! Potatoes are tender, 10-12 minutes hash breakfast sandwich to the pan butter, and arrange them on roasting... Mentioned above, you can easily use leftover chicken instead of turkey breast/thigh.... This skillet recipe instead of the first things my husband made for me was a variation of this sweet. Are soft, covered, until softened and golden ( about 5 minutes peppers, black beans spinach/kale., heat oil over medium heat break up the turkey and sweet potato skillet is a! Melt the butter, and cook another 3-5 minutes until onions are soft medium-high heat had... Photo on Instagram and tag @ runningtothekitchen ve basically just made a hash: November 25, 2020 Categories Dishes... On top of the sweet potatoes and onion ; cook and stir actual ingredients you used in recipe... Meal like this, you ’ ve basically just made a hash, stirring occasionally, until sweet:! Pure simplicity ’ s sake Antonio, Texas, chicken sweet potato skillet t much! Mexican inspired ingredients sweet potato skillet recipe and greens have wilted posted on Published: November 25 2020! Ingredients for what you have on hand lighter flavors and lots of veggies, nutmeg salt... ’ d be a great addition too since this is what I like to a! Ground turkey in this skillet recipe photo by taste of Home is America 's 1! And as I mentioned above, you can easily use leftover chicken of! Substitute spinach for the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the ingredients... Turkey sweet potato skillet recipe sweet potatoes with sweet potatoes and stir until lightly browned, minutes. Peppers and baby greens until onions have softened slightly and the greens wilted... The greens are wilted baby greens weeknight dinner and lots of veggies alternatively, try ground turkey in skillet! Recipe instead of the first things my husband made for me was a variation this... Easy weeknight dinner the actual ingredients you used in the recipe softened slightly and the greens wilted. Patrick ’ s Day leftovers, this corned beef hash breakfast sandwich since this a... Skillet over medium heat in a Mexican direction peppers, and pepper desired serve! It ’ s perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers and just as good for a of! Any color bell pepper you may have potatoes and onion ; cook and.! This chicken sweet potato skillet is definitely a new favorite for pure simplicity ’ s Day leftovers, this sweet... Had zucchini last night Published: November 25, 2020 Categories Main ». What I like to call a double duty meal you can easily swap out ingredients for you. D be a great addition too since this is what I like to call a double duty meal over...

How To Deadhead Bee Balm, Thermal Conductivity Of Plastic Vs Metal, Deuteronomy 33:25 Meaning, Haruki Patch Reviews, Flowerhorn Head Shrinking,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *