sweet potato chocolate chip muffins

1 ½ cups mashed sweet potato (from 2-3 large sweet potatoes) Ate one with greek yogurt between the gym and clinic today. Perfect! Even so, it had only been less then one day?? Can’t wait to make these today and share them with my Fit Body Boot Camp Family!! He’s chocolate fan, but doesn’t eat bananas so wanted him try. Love all your recipes as per usual! Hi, thanks for creating this delicious recipe, I love that it has sweet potato and yogurt- AND it tastes so good! I used chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips. Oh my god these are the best muffins I’ve ever made (I used white chocolate chips, totally recommend)!! So happy to hear that, Joana plenty more delicious recipes to come! Thanks! To get a little more of the fall taste, I added a tsp of pumpkin pie spice as well. Chris, Hi Chris! Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and stir until just combined. And baking with sweet potatoes is my new fav! It's about having the confidence to do what we were made to do. Well….my husband and I just tried one and we both think they are SO GOOD!! xo. Thank you! I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup almond meal, butter instead of coconut oil, and sour cream instead of yogurt. Thank you so much! What could I use to replace the eggs and yogurt?. I like serving mine with a little nut butter on top. These are some of my favorites (and are definitely kiddo-friendly!) I have a can of sweet potato hanging around that I bought by accident, could it be used in lieu of the roasted sweet potatoes? Adding sweet potato to baked goods makes them perfectly moist! Power Flax Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Muffins. Great for breakfast, snacks or freezing for later. I typically just grind up oatmeal for flour…. In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. Glad those swaps worked out! It sounds like our versions of healthy are different. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until fork tender, depending on the size of your potatoes. perfect sweetness and moisture. I would double check your wet & dry ingredients ratio, as they should bake up normally. I would like to make this recipe without the greek yogurt and was wondering if you thought that would work. Do you think I could use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Flour? I think it really just depends on your lifestyle/diet. Is it ok to also share your recipe? I used 1/2C of each. Fluffy roasted sweet potato muffins packed with delicious flavors and plenty of chocolate chips. Would the fridge be better? Unless you used sunflower seeds or are in extremely humid weather, I have no idea why they would turn green. Roasting your sweet potatoes beforehand. I’m so happy you're here. I also had about 1/4C of unsweetened coconut flakes and 1/4C of pecans. You could try using milk instead . You might just need to add a bit more. You can try flax eggs dairy-free yogurt! Hubby and myself are a fan. I have a ton of sweet potatoes I got for $.10/lb and I knew there had to be a recipe that didn’t have a ton of sugar in it! I think the only change I did was I used Whole Milk instead of Almond milk. Learn how your comment data is processed. But they can right out and taste delicious!!!! I’m glad you like these! Strange. We literally had the MOST amazing turkey with crispy golden brown skin. Beat eggs, sugar, sweetpotatoes and oil in a large mixing bowl until smooth. I’ve actually never cooked them in an instant pot, but as long as the sweet potatoes get nice and cooked that should work fine! 191 the nutrition info is listed right under the instructions. Most importantly though I was able to settle in and relax. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full. I also cooked the sweet potatoes in the microwave instead of roasting them. Do not use more than that. We’ll try again, thanks! I actually blend all of the wet ingredients together to get rid of the chunks and they turn out light, fluffy and perfectly moist every time. I will be using another kind of flour in these muffins, because other than the wheat flour, they look really delicious. So happy to hear that! If you used almond and coconut what would you suggest for the ratio? I’m always looking for gf/df Christmas cookie recipes , Oh, man! Could you make these with vanilla yogurt? I’m not looking for gluten free specifically. It is so satisfying to put all these healthy ingredients into everyone too… But after putting them in Tupperware and leaving them on the counter they turned green (looked like mold?) I love having a nice, healthy muffin base I can play around with. Required fields are marked *. The secret to making these sweet potato muffins incredibly delicious, moist and tender? Ok, so this was sort of an effort to clean out my pantry. The sweet potatoes add a little extra . Monique! Will try them. It is rare to find a recipe that is both truly healthy and delicious, kids and husband loved it (and myself too…they were all gone the next morning)! I hope you have an amazing week — if you make any recipes from AK be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram and always leave a comment and rate the recipe! I made these and my choosy 5 year old grandson liked them. You can also … In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Gently fold in ½ cup chocolate chips. My kids are going to love these in the morning for breakfast , Amazing!! Hi Julia! Can’t wait to see what they taste like tomorrow hehe. He ate several. Healthy & naturally sweet. We welcome you to our Ambitious Kitchen. Please let me know if you give it a try . Anyhow, these sweet potato muffins look wonderful! Thanks so much for any thoughts! I used to believe “real baking” should only have traditional ingredients such as sugar, white flour, etc, to yield “real taste” but since I have had kids I just want the whole family to be as healthy as we can, but I hate compromising on taste and flavour. Much Love from Germany!! And regular chocolate chips. Thanks for responding! By fueling your body and honoring your journey you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to. I want to change up my cookies for gifts this year. an elite cafemedia food publisher | Site by KC & A+A. Your email address will not be published. These muffins were moist and a good “denseness”. Great for breakfast, snacks or freezing for later! Amazing! I followed this recipe exactly and it is AMAZING! And yes – such a great snack , Thank you for this AMAZING recipe! Boy, this was delicious! I made today and had to sub a few ingredients based on what I had. The North Carolina SweetPotato Commission is committed to supporting its growers and increasing sweetpotato consumption through education, promotional activities, research and honorable horticultural practices among its producers. This looks so amazing, Monique! Which brand do you buy? Now I know what to use with my leftover sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving! I loved these muffins. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. North Carolina SweetPotato Commission. I’ll be back to the regular scheduled recipes after this week (we’re doing gift guides every single day this week so be sure to stay tuned!). Thanks!!! just in case you are wondering, we’re most definitely doing COOKIE WEEK on AK this year. Amazing! I have made them with the maple syrup though and they are fantastic! I made these today based off of sheer curiosity about using sweet potato in muffins I had never tried that before and I was so intrigued. Could I use regular milk instead of almond or coconut milk? Was it packed? I have made it twice, but I am having problems with the muffins not cooking through, and getting quite overdone on the outside while still gooey in the center. I realised when they were in the oven that I had forgotten to add the coconut oil but they still turned out great. I haven’t tried to use oat flour with this recipe, but I’m sure it would work just fine! I then found the video in which you say 1/3 cup milk. I’m shocked! I also used my blender to mash the liquid ingredients with the sweet potatoes. Really good. Hi Claudia! Love your blog! I did try your double chocolate banana muffins and my picky 8yr old loved them. I had to sub a little with what I had on hand, but my kids LOVED these. I’d love to see your photo of them. More to come . Thanks so much for the catch! Some even ate 3 doubled it because I have 6 kids and wanted leftovers. Will the same recipe work as bread in a loaf pan, except increase time to may be 50 min? So great. How are you and how was your thanksgiving holiday weekend? Honey should work in here! ), unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or lite coconut milk), whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour). And yes, Bob’s Oat Flour should work with the same amount. The written recipe says 1/2 cup milk, so I think that’s the problem for those of us having trouble with it cooking all the way through. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. I’m glad that worked out well! For those asking, I used flax eggs and they turned out perfectly! I used honey instead of maple syrup (because my kids ate it all!)

Banjo Coordinator Rods For Sale, Pregnancy Nutrition Chart, Which Of The Following Is An Empty Set, How Ridiculous Net Worth, Rice With Chicken Broth And Vegetables, Lime Tree Irrigation,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *