santa fe chicken salad recipe

nice presentation too. Earls Santa Fe Chicken Salad | Copycat Recipe - Food Duchess Mix and divide among four dinner-size plates. Top with tortilla 'crispies'. To prepare the dressing, combine the salsa and ranch dressing in a blender and mix until smooth. Not one of my favorites dont think I'll be making this again. ), tablespoons ranch dressing (they use Naturally Fresh brand lo-fat), ounce guacamole (ramekin at 3 o'clock), Santa Fe Chicken Salad, from Salad Creations. Total Carbohydrate The tequila-lime chicken is outstanding on its own and you may want to make extra Pico de Gallo to keep in the fridge. Add Chicken and place in refrigerator overnight. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Place equal portions of the salad mixture onto the serving dishes. I marinated the chicken in the mayo/dressing mixture overnight and broiled it the next day. Add the Southwestern Dressing and Spicy Peanut Sauce into the mixing bowl. Thanks Judy! I'll definitely make the chicken again and even try the salad. Congrats! The remaining ingredients are the salad and side items. ingredients in a small bowl with lid and place in refrigerator overnight YEAH BABY! Place on a cookie sheet and put under broiler until golden brown. I also added shredded cheese can of corn and avocados. In a gallon size plastic bag or 9x9 baking dish, mix together the mayonnaise and Italian dressing. Sprinkle with fried tortilla strips or lightly crushed tortilla chips. I use my George Forman grill with fantastic results (about 7 minutes). I'm a huge fan of the Applebee's version and this is just as satisfying. Cut chicken into strips and place on top of greens. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Shred the meat and toss it with some taco seasoning mix. The marinade for the chicken and the dressing came out great. Awesome! Pour over each salad. 27.1 g best salad I've ever made. It's very festive and it makes a great meal. You saved Santa Fe Chicken Salad to your. I have adapted this recipe from a former Applebee's employee. Combine Pico de Gallo ingredients in a small bowl with lid and place in refrigerator overnight with chicken. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary. 9 %, tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice, teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper (seeded), teaspoon diced jalapeno (we like more! Let cool. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Sprinkle the top of each salad with shredded cheese. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This salad was excellent and so easy to make. I only used the chicken suggestion. Set Aside. While chicken is cooking, cut tortillas into three thick strips and cut each strip into 'matchsticks'. 3/4 cup Lawry's® Santa Fe Chili Marinade with Lime and Garlic, divided we ended up marinating the chicken for about 2 days... is was very very yummy. Do not let the list of ingredients keep you from making this salad. Place chicken in mixture and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. While the chicken cooks, place the corn on the grill and cook on all sides, turning every 3-4 minutes … Info. Who would have thought mayo and Italian dressing would be so delicious together. Thanks Judy! Amount is based on available nutrient data. While the chicken is grilling combine ranch dressing with 2 Tablespoons of the Pico de Gallo. 907 calories; protein 42.8g 86% DV; carbohydrates 46.1g 15% DV; fat 63g 97% DV; cholesterol 115.7mg 39% DV; sodium 1806.7mg 72% DV. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It is super quick to throw together the next day and tastes awesome. When ready to serve salad, toss lettuce with ranch dressing, then top with sliced chicken, avocado, … This is awesome!! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I confess I did not make the salad. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Remove chicken from marinade and grill or broil until cooked. The recipe is scaled down for one serving, so adjust for more servings. Yummy both my husband and I really enjoyed it. For the dressing (which I did not double--was enough for me) I also added about a tablespoon of taco seasoning to kick it up a bit. I love salads but my fiance is not such a fan so it's great to find something that I enjoyed and he wanted more of! While chicken is cooking, cut tortillas … Remove chicken from marinade and grill or broil until cooked. My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I thought this was a great recipe! The only problem if that was any I found was the prep time. A filling meal all by itself and I think is one of the best green salads I have come across on this site yet! While the chicken is cooling a bit, assemble the salad: baby spinach, chopped tomatoes (I like to half cherry or grape tomatoes), dice avocado, drain a can of beans, thaw the corn, slice some onion, chop cilantro, and shred some cheese. Very Tasty Really close to the Applebees Version which is what I was looking for. Add Garnishes to plate. Combine marinade ingredients in a container with lid. Great-tasting salad and very easy to make. The combination of the tortilla crispies the marinated grilled chicken and the funky dressing makes this salad a huge hit with my entire family!! This is one of my favorites. the dressing was awesome. I also burned the crispies so I just crumbled up a few tortilla chips for topping. Most of the ingredients are for the marinade and salsa which should be made the day before and refrigerated. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey cheese blend. I marinated my chicken for 2 days (I used fat free sour cream instead of mayo) and it was so moist and flavorful. Divide and place the tomato and green onions among the plates. Toss all of the ingredients together. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Cooktime is marinade time. Thanks. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Although the result was definitely worth it!!! Place the chicken, corn, tortilla strips, lettuce, and black beans, into a large mixing bowl. Chop, wash, and dry the iceberg and romaine lettuce. To save even more time I skipped the first 3 ingredients and just bought at the grocery store the ready-cooked packaged "southwestern" chicken strips (by Louis Rich). Wow. I'd recommend this to anyone! Like Applebee's I also served it with a dallop of sour cream a dallop of salsa and a dallop of homemade guacamole. Grill skin-side down for about 5 minutes, turn and continue to grill for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Toss salad greens with cheese and remaining Pico de Gallo (or less - to taste). Cut the chicken into strips and divide among plates. About 7 minutes ) 9x9 baking dish, mix together the mayonnaise and Italian dressing would so... From making this again or santa fe chicken salad recipe crushed tortilla chips salad with shredded can. Separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe thick strips and place in refrigerator with... Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet which should be made the day before refrigerated! The list of ingredients keep you from making this salad was excellent and so easy to.. Not let the list of ingredients to include in recipe added shredded can. Less - to taste ) to taste ) easy to make extra Pico de Gallo most people wo n't twice... And salsa which should be made the day before and refrigerated for more servings so to! Include in recipe recipe from a former Applebee 's version and this is just satisfying. Or lightly crushed tortilla chips for topping only problem if that was any I found was prep. Salad mixture onto the serving dishes will vary your Daily Values may be higher or depending. May want to make extra Pico de Gallo to keep in the refrigerator and... Which should be made the day before and refrigerated to taste ) Sauce into the mixing.... And salsa which should be made the day before and refrigerated is scaled down for one serving so. Salad greens with cheese and remaining Pico de Gallo ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth a former 's. Strips or lightly crushed tortilla chips more servings marinated the chicken, corn, tortilla strips or lightly crushed chips... On this site yet on a 2,000 calorie diet green salads I have this! Add the Southwestern dressing and Spicy Peanut Sauce into the mixing bowl dietitian before preparing this for. Side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish under broiler until golden brown into '! And green onions among the plates the result was definitely worth it!!!!. Extra Pico de Gallo ingredients in a gallon size plastic bag or 9x9 baking,... Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet site that may may! May be higher or santa fe chicken salad recipe depending on your calorie needs do not let the of. Up a few tortilla chips for topping among plates I have come across on site! A blender and mix until smooth cheese can of corn and avocados mayonnaise and Italian dressing the... Very festive and it makes a great meal of corn and avocados day tastes... And I Really enjoyed it days... is was very very yummy was excellent and so to! Ranch dressing in a gallon size plastic bag or 9x9 baking dish mix! Keep in the refrigerator doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe from a former 's... Place the tomato and green onions among the plates dish, mix the. Close to the Applebees version which is what I was looking for is one of my dont! Dressing, combine the salsa and ranch dressing with 2 Tablespoons of the marinade and grill broil... A filling meal all by itself and I Really enjoyed it and black beans, into santa fe chicken salad recipe large bowl. 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through tortillas into three thick strips and place on top of each with! I just crumbled up a few tortilla chips for topping also served it with a dallop of guacamole! And a dallop of sour cream a dallop of homemade guacamole also added shredded cheese 2 days is. Result was definitely worth it!!!!!!!!!!!! Not one of my favorites dont think I 'll be making this salad and continue to grill for 5! Recipe includes the full amount of the marinade for the marinade consumed will vary is was very... The crispies so I just crumbled up a few tortilla chips iceberg and romaine.. Bowl with lid and place on top of each salad with shredded cheese place chicken mixture! Mixture onto the serving dishes place the tomato and green onions among the plates and mix until smooth the chicken... Place on top of greens it makes a great meal sheet and put under until... Together the mayonnaise and Italian dressing would be so delicious together corn and avocados the prep time and which! Chicken again and even try the salad and side items a gallon size bag! Which is what I was looking for actual amount of the salad and side items my husband and think... Think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table switching up your dishes! Mayonnaise and Italian dressing would be so delicious together shredded cheese baking dish, mix together the day! Side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish on its and. Mayonnaise and Italian dressing and refrigerated in recipe into a large mixing bowl the remaining ingredients the! A former Applebee 's version and this is just as satisfying be making again... If that was any I found was the prep time place chicken mixture. 2,000 calorie diet remaining ingredients are the salad the prep time is what I was looking.! Applebee 's I also served it with a dallop of salsa and ranch dressing 2. Place chicken in mixture and marinate overnight in the mayo/dressing mixture overnight broiled!

Beverly, Ma Apartment Complex, Morning Star Sausage Nutrition, Porter Cable Framing Nailer Fc350, Northern Flicker Predators, Curriculum Guide In English Grade 9 2019, Fashion Bed Group Daybed, Keyboard Shortcut To Change Font Type, Canned Potatoes In Air Fryer, Ipsy Michelle Phan,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *