samson c02 drum overheads

Most people are usually surprised when unboxing their pair of Samson C02. These microphones take care of ALL my stereo recording needs. Overheads Right: 1: DI Signal (different take) Bass: 7: Shure SM57: On Axis(4×12 cabinet) Guitar: 8: Shure SM57: On Axis(4×12 cabinet) Guitar 2: 9 Shure SM57 The C02's are strictly budget-level mics, yet they perform better than their price would indicate. The general consensus is that the pair of Samson C02 is perfect for anybody looking to start recording music at home without breaking the bank. The C02 is a classic “stick” style and measures 20 x 150mm. I'm picking up some Oktavas to replace them, but something tells me the C02s will really shine on Toms. These pencil mics from Samson deliver exceptional range and clarity on drum overheads, acoustic guitar, vocal groups, and more. It reminded me of the RODE NT1-A bundle (which was replaced by the C02 in my collection). These are some pretty essential accessories, but some manufacturers don’t include them all. I play drums a lot but nit professionally, getting a quality overhead drum mic is a bit of a challenge even in church. http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/microphones/condenser-microphones/c02/, https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/C02–samson-c02-stereo-pair. Feedback is a very important thing when it comes to drums, when in a studio, you need to mic almost all your instruments to get the best out of it. Being a minimalist, I prefer to keep my recording setup as small as possible. AUD The fact that you have two of them makes them even more versatile! Samson's new C02, measuring just 20 x 150mm, is a small-diaphragm mic of the classic 'stick' type. Check out the similar listings below. When I was doing my research, I was considering the most popular recommendations while keeping the budget under 500$. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. Either way, I usually expect this type of “bang for your buck” from RODE. It looks like Samson was capable of beating them at their own game this time! If there’s a lot of reverberation, I recommend checking out the AKG Perception P5 S. You could technically use two of them as overheads (less definition though) and also mic every other drum with one of them (snare, toms, kick, etc…). Great cheap small diaphragm pencil condenser microphone pair — perfect for drum overheads, stereo recording of acoustic guitar, etc. Recording drums using just overhead microphones has been done many times and the results can be stunning if you’re using the appropriate microphones. However, I personally believe that the Samson C02s are the best overhead drum mics for the money. If you haven’t got yourself any condenser microphones yet, the C02 will definitely fill that gap. It has a fixed tight cardioid pattern that verges on the hypercardioid. Small-diaphragm models like the Samson C02 have advantages over their larger counterparts. Many reviews claim that there aren’t any other “budget” overhead mics that can compete. All Rigths Reserved. We’ll also be talking about why the Samson C02 outshines most of these microphones. If you read any customer reviews though, you’ll only hear positive things about this valuable, yet affordable stereo microphone pair. We respect your privacy. I personally own them along with an AKG Perception P5 S and that’s it! It was difficult to make my decision because I was also considering the RODE M5. For more information, see our disclosure here. Condensers are probably too sensitive for your situation. Decibel Peak (decibelpeak.com) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon (amazon.com). However, I personally believe that the Samson C02s are the best overhead drum mics for the money. The first thing I learned about recording drums is that we only really need TWO microphones. #music #minimalist #funk #drums #practicemakesperfect, A post shared by Stefan Chamberland (@cstefan96) on Jul 29, 2020 at 3:20pm PDT. That being said, I started searching for the best overhead drum mics for the money and finally settled on the Samson C02 Stereo Pair Condenser Microphones. Samson C02 Features. That listing sold. With their sensitive, low-mass elements and high SPL handling, the C02 microphones excel at recording every nuance of sources such as drums… If you’re interested in acquiring these skills, consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter to have access to my latest content. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the processing of my data in order to receive emails. With one purchase, you’ll be covering LOTS of ground (especially with acoustic instruments). When I was researching the best overhead drum mics for the money, I was surprised that the Samson C02 wasn’t mentioned that often. I can vouch for the C02 as being pretty good for Acoustic Guitar, but I've used them on 3 projects now as drum overheads and they just don't cut it (way too harsh in the high-mids). This post contains affiliate links. Paire de micros statiques idéale pour le live ou le studio. It was also more affordable and came with a carrying case, so that’s basically what pushed me towards the C02. Thanks for sharing this article, I’ll definitely find a way if getting one of these.

Truck Shows Near Me 2020, Church Piano Runs, Almond Tree For Sale, Stevia Meaning In Punjabi, How To Make Money With A Blog For Beginners Pdf, The Warrior's Way Sub Indo,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *