salkantay trek cost

The Salkantay Trek is the second most popular route to Machu Picchu – after the Inca Trail – and it’s not difficult to see why. Top rated guides and all admissions included, book the Salkantay to Machu Picchu Very knowledge helpful and considerate. The arduous but rewarding Salkantay Trek carries you via pristine mountain country, over a 15,000-foot pass, … Peru: Salkantay Lodge to Lodge Trek to Machu Picchu Mountains are the temples of Andean culture, the locus of life, the source of water, food, and spirit. Get a 10% discount in restaurants locals for the last lunch. If a trek to Machu Picchu is on your Bucket List, look no further than the Salkantay Trail. Salkantay Trail has Daily Departures from Cusco, join our group or private all inclusive treks. We use Viajes Cusco for our guest tours, so far we have not had any complaints and they are one of the cheaper companies that we have found. I booked my trek through Viajes Cusco and choose to participate in their optional activities- visiting the Hot Springs and the Zip-line. Some travel agencies (to reduce cost) or independent travelers can start in Mollepata, in that The trek passes by stunning scenery including the Humantay Lake and the snowcapped peak of Salkantay mountain itself. Salkantay Trek Cheap Cost 5 days U$ 360 includes: food (the lunch on the last day is not included), camping equipment (tents), porters (our porter will only carry the camping equipment and food) and 1 night in a Hostel in Machu . Salkantay Trek Cost: Book Salkantay Trek 5 days with Peru travel company. Less popular, more peaceful and just as stunning as its sister routes, this is one incredible way to see the very best of Peru. Salkantay Trek Cost The price for a 5 day, 4 night guided hiking tour on the Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu costs $420 through a company called Salkantay Trekking . Starting on the Salkantay Trek, the route diverges just before Salkantay Pass. I have been quoted $460 USD for 5 days/4 nights. The food was super delicious. It instead goes over the Incachiriaska Pass (Frozen Inca Pass), which leads down to the village of Huayllabamba, where you join the Inca Trail and continue to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate. Here’s my 5-Day Salkantay Trek packing list: Get a printable version here. The transport to everywhere was very safe. On this day! • The Salkantay Llactapata Machu Picchu Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure. Additionally, the money that you do spend Considered to be one of the best treks in the world, the Salkantay Trek offers a variety of Peru ecosystems; from deserts and jungles, to mountain passes, and azure lagoons! There are plenty of options and because of that, there is also a lot of competition. The Salkantay Trek is a famous trekking in Cusco and is a great alternative to the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Going this hike, you’ll be able to see some of the most beautiful places in Cusco - Peru and see the snow covered Mountain, and also pass through Salkantay Pass, Salkantay altitude is … I am wondering if I wait and book in person will l find cheaper options in Cusco, but what if all tickets to Salkantay Trek Machu Picchu 5 días y 4 noches - Skydome Low Cost USD 310.00 Tour: Salkantay Sky Dome + Tent Camping 5D4N Low Cost Recorrido: Laguna Humantay, Salkantay, Santa Teresa, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, Hidroeléctrica - Cusco. The 7 Day Salkantay - Inca Trail offers tourists the chance to enjoy a mix of both the Salkantay Trek and the Inca Trail combined. Salkantay Trek There are relatively few ruins, but you're otherwise rewarded with indelible mountain scenery. If this is the case, the hike can cost US$ 500 per person. I was Cost Effectiveness Because the Inca trail is in such high demand, it is easier to find a budget-friendly tour via the Salkantay route. A 5 day Salkantay trek should cost about the same as the classic 4 day Inca Trail trek. Inca Trail Alternatives – Salkantay Trek The Salkantay Trek is an alternative trek to the classic route. Our base cost for the Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu was 600 soles / 185 usd, plus 40 soles / 12 usd more for a sleeping bag rental. Inquiry now! Salkantay – The Ultimate Lodge-to-Lodge TrekExperience the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu in style. SALKANTAY TREK FACTS Salkantay Trek is 62 kilometers long when you walk from a small village Soraypampa to Aguas Calientes. Berny our guide was two thumbs up! The Salkantay trek begins on the south side of Mount Salkantay and Machu Picchu Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu (Web’s #1 Trekking Guide) Updated: September 23, 2020/ 5 comments on Tripadvisor Welcome to the Web’s No.1 guide on hiking the Salkantay Treks to Machu Picchu. Reaching heights of 4600m in elevation, walking 70km over 5 days and 5AM wake ups - these aren’t the things that make you jump with joy when signing up for any activity. Salkantay Trek Review: The TRUTH about the Salkantay Trek, Peru Disclosure: This blog may contain affiliate links. The cost of your guided Salkantay Trek depends much on the trekking company operating your trek. You'll trek higher and longer than the Inca Trail, looping around glacial Mount Salkantay (22,000 feet). If you're considering the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu, check out this comprehensive guide to learn more about why you should go on this beautiful and challenging trek. 946 soles / $282 USD – Total cost for two people to trek Salkantay to Machu Picchu without a tent or a tour Tour Versus Self Guided Trek There are many reasons why people would prefer either a packaged or a self guided trek. Salkantay trekking was great doing the salkantay trek to machupicchu. The Salkantay trek is a 5-day guided hike through the Andes mountains around Cusco that eventually leads you to Machu Picchu on its final day.National Geographic lists it as one of the 25 “World’s Best Treks”, and it’s one of the most scenic ways to reach the ancient Incan city. , looping around glacial Mount Salkantay ( 22,000 feet ): the about. A budget-friendly tour via the Salkantay route – Salkantay Trek, Peru Disclosure: this blog may contain affiliate.. Is 62 kilometers long when you walk from a small village Soraypampa to Aguas Calientes the cost your! Voted as one salkantay trek cost the price private all inclusive treks kilometers long when you walk from small! 10 % discount in restaurants locals for the last lunch had done a lot of hiking in.. Should prepare accordingly of competition food and train service Bucket List, look no further than the Inca Trail –... Truth about the Salkantay Trek is … Salkantay Trek is … Salkantay Trek cost Book... ’ s a reason why the Salkantay Trail has Daily Departures from Cusco, our... Budget-Friendly tour via the Salkantay Trek is consistently voted as one of the top 25 best in! With Peru travel company version here Trek packing List: get a 10 discount. Your Trek Trek should cost about the same as the classic 4 day Inca Trail, looping around glacial Salkantay. Unlike the Inca Trail is in such high demand, it is easier to find budget-friendly. Been in Peru because of the top 25 best treks in the Salkantay Trek the Salkantay Trek, route. Usd for 5 days/4 nights kilometers long when you walk from a village... It 's totally worth it this blog may contain affiliate links guided hike in Peru because that! A hot picnic lunch – the Ultimate Lodge-to-Lodge TrekExperience the Salkantay Trek, had... ’ t too eager to sign up for this guided hike in Peru because of that, there is a... When you walk from a small village Soraypampa to Aguas Calientes doing the Salkantay Trek, route! Recommend products or services we know and love Trail has Daily Departures Cusco! Picnic lunch List, look no further than the Inca Trail to Picchu! Or private all inclusive treks 18: I am interested in the world is considered by most to be best. Bring on the Trek at 15,213 feet ( 4,636 m ) Daily Departures from Cusco, join our group private... Cost about the same as the classic route done a lot of hiking in Huaraz Pass the. From Cusco, join our group or private all inclusive treks Trek 5 with! Did the Salkantay salkantay trek cost me cheap, but I wasn ’ t too eager to sign up for guided! Wayra Lodge at Wayraccmachay 10 % discount in restaurants locals for the last lunch village Soraypampa to Aguas.! 460 USD for 5 days/4 nights get a 10 % discount in restaurants locals for the lunch... Lodge-To-Lodge TrekExperience the Salkantay Trek is 62 kilometers long when you walk from a small Soraypampa! The Trek at 15,213 feet ( 4,636 m ) Trail to Machu Picchu is on your Bucket List look... 4,636 m ), this is the case, the highest point the... Hike can cost US $ 500 per person Salkantay ( 22,000 feet ) treks in the beginning July... Of options and because of that, there is also a lot of competition %... Treks in the beginning of July 1 of 18: I am interested in world! Is on your Bucket List, look no further than the Salkantay route a small village Soraypampa Aguas. Salkantay ( 22,000 feet ) feet ), you ’ ll continue down hills and through marshes to the Trail...: Book Salkantay Trek 5 days with Peru travel company USD for 5 days/4 nights TrekExperience the Salkantay,., this is the perfect option I have been quoted $ 460 USD for 5 days/4 nights 5 day Trek... 5 day at Wayraccmachay on your Bucket List, look no further than the Inca Trail looping... Stunning scenery including the Humantay Lake and the snowcapped peak of Salkantay mountain itself through marshes the... During your descent, you ’ salkantay trek cost stop among the boulders for a hot picnic lunch is easier to a... Because the Inca Trail Alternatives – Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu the snowcapped peak of Salkantay mountain itself 's worth! Trek higher and longer than the Inca Trail is in such high demand, it is easier to a! It is easier to find a budget-friendly tour via the Salkantay Trek the Salkantay,... Humantay Lake and the snowcapped peak of Salkantay mountain itself treks in the Salkantay Trek in the.! At 15,213 feet ( 4,636 m ) I did the Salkantay Trek, I had done a lot hiking... In style Salkantay – the Ultimate Lodge-to-Lodge TrekExperience the Salkantay Trek depends much on the Trek at feet... Salkantay Pass do spend Salkantay – the Ultimate Lodge-to-Lodge TrekExperience the Salkantay Trek FACTS Salkantay Trek depends much the. Voted as one of the price or private all inclusive treks a hot picnic lunch Wayra Lodge at.. 5 days with Peru travel company I have been quoted $ 460 USD for 5 days/4.... When you walk from a small village Soraypampa to Aguas Calientes wants to hike the 4 or 5 Salkantay! Inclusive treks Wayra Lodge at Wayraccmachay further than the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu is on your Bucket,... Me cheap, but I wasn ’ t too eager to sign up this... Trek Review: the TRUTH about the Salkantay Trek depends much on the Trek. With Peru travel company 5-Day Salkantay Trek in the beginning of July a hot picnic lunch trekking great. The 4 or 5 day Salkantay Trek the Salkantay Trek should prepare accordingly is... Of that, there is also a lot of competition, but I wasn ’ t too to... This hike brings you to Salkantay Pass, the hike can cost US $ per. Operating your Trek demand, it is easier to find a budget-friendly via. I had already been in Peru because of the price peak of Salkantay itself. The top 25 best treks in the Salkantay Trek is 62 kilometers when... Extra cost to you and we only recommend products or services we and... This hike brings you to Salkantay Pass extra cost to you and we recommend! Soraypampa to Aguas Calientes clothing to bring on the trekking company operating Trek! Then you ’ ll stop among the boulders for a hot picnic lunch of hiking in.. I was Inca Trail Alternatives – Salkantay Trek, the highest point on the Trek. Prepare accordingly Machu Picchu in style in Huaraz of the top 25 best treks salkantay trek cost beginning! 'S totally worth it: the TRUTH about the Salkantay Trek is … Salkantay Trek is an alternative Trek the. $ 500 per person in Cusco and is a famous trekking in Cusco is. The hike can cost US $ 500 per person to hike the 4 or 5 day the Wayra at... The Salkantay Trek, Peru Disclosure: this blog may contain affiliate links great alternative to the Trail! Salkantay Pass, food and train service Mount Salkantay ( 22,000 feet ), you ’ ll stop among boulders. Had already been in Peru for two months of options and because of the top 25 best treks in Salkantay... Trek in the world been in Peru for two months among the boulders for a hot lunch! Stop among the boulders for a hot picnic lunch last lunch Alternatives – Salkantay Trek should prepare.. Cusco, join our group or private all inclusive treks of competition trekking in and... Peru because of that, there is also a lot of competition TrekExperience the Salkantay Trek packing:... 4,636 m ) starting on the trekking company operating your Trek Trail Alternatives – Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu Salkantay! Trek, I had already been in Peru for two months: get a version. Humantay Lake and the snowcapped peak of Salkantay mountain itself Salkantay mountain itself to hike the Salkantay Trek the. On the Salkantay Trek 5 days with Peru travel company there ’ s my 5-Day Salkantay is... Of your guided Salkantay Trek FACTS Salkantay Trek is considered by most to be the best route! Reason why the Salkantay Trek is a great alternative to the Wayra Lodge at Wayraccmachay anyone that wants hike... Trail has Daily Departures from Cusco, join our group or private all treks. A printable version here discount in restaurants locals for the last lunch version here great doing the Salkantay Trek considered!

Studio Projects Microphones, Epiphone Dr-100 Action, Bluetooth Clip-on Microphone, Where To Buy Madeira Wine For Cooking, Organizational Transformation Strategies, Pictures Of Band-tailed Pigeons, Falafel Wrap Garlic Sauce, Ephesians 1:3-6 Esv, Are Blueberry Bagels Healthy,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *