salad with turkey breast

If you don't like raw onions, cook the onions with the ground turkey. When in doubt about the way a food looks or smells, throw it out. A tropical twist on the Waldorf Salad! Cook your ground turkey, then add veggies, cole slaw mix, and sauce and in 10 minutes you've got a hearty meal for everyone to enjoy. This spicy, flavorful dish features authentic Mexican aromas, its a family favorite! A delicious and unique way to use leftover turkey around the holidays...and most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen. When you get home from work, you hardly want a big production for dinner. Serve the salad on croissants, crusty rolls, or a bed of lettuce. This recipe is similar to one served at a popular downtown Detroit restaurant. A way to use leftover turkey after Thanksgiving. This simple recipe is based on the leftovers I had from Thanksgiving. Adding leftover turkey gives it a low-fat protein boost. We can't find taco salad shells here, so if you have them where you are, try those. Then toss in an easy-to-make dressing. You just have to try it, think jacked-up chicken salad! Cranberry pecan turkey salad is a quick, easy, and healthy way to dress up leftover or shredded turkey breast. This is my health-oriented twist to my Aunt Linda's recipe. In large bowl, whisk together toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and kosher salt. Stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Darlene Zimmerman is a registered dietitian in Henry Ford Hospital’s Heart & Vascular Institute. Crisp romaine topped with turkey, apples, nuts and a goat cheese and herb yogurt dressing. California plums and deli-sliced, oven roasted turkey breast are perfect partners in this cool and creamy salad served elegantly in butter lettuce leaves. This salad will make turkey into something really exotic, with a fruity, nutty and hint-of-spicy flavor that you will want to enjoy year-round. For longer storage, seal items in heavy-duty foil, freezer wrap or freezer bags and then freeze. Fold together turkey and mayonnaise mixture in a large … Shredded turkey, diced ham, and hard-cooked egg are mixed with dried cranberries in this colorful salad. This is great on a croissant, in a pita pocket, or on bread. Turkey breast and pineapple are tossed with crisp celery, red bell pepper, and green onion, finished with a creamy curried mango dressing. Great in a sandwich, wrap, or pita. A great use for leftover turkey any time of the year. Easy and delicious. fat, 0 grams trans fat), 18 grams carbohydrates, 23 grams protein, 359 mg sodium, 65 mg cholesterol, 71 mg calcium, 3 grams fiber. tomato, salt, salad dressing, ground beef, onion, chayotes, turkey breast and 5 more Turkey Cobb Salad with Herby Ranch Hillshire Farm hard boiled eggs, Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast and 5 more To reduce the chance of food-borne illness, refrigerate or freeze leftovers promptly. This is no ordinary potato salad. Support local journalism and become a digital subscriber to the Free Press. A world of global ingredients create a one-of-a-kind combination of color, taste, and texture. I always look forward to 'post' turkey-day so I can use up the left-overs in this tasty salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If you are concerned with the calorie content, use low or non-fat mayonnaise. Allrecipes has more than 40 trusted turkey salad recipes complete with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Have fun with it and please your palate! Enjoy! Enjoy it on rolls, in wraps, or as a spread with crackers. Spread it on crackers! Pour dressing over salad mixture and gently toss until combined. Substitute any veggies, as you prefer, and it will still be delicious! Fold in celery and shallot until well combined. For additional texture, sprinkle in some crushed corn chips. Very versatile. Wondering what to do with that left-over turkey? 291 calories (46% from fat), 15 grams fat (3 grams sat. This lightened-up turkey salad with celery, onion, dried cranberries and almonds is the perfect recipe to make with leftover turkey. This melt in your mouth appetizer will have your whole party jumping! Plus you get all your food groups in one simple dish. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. When reheating leftovers in the microwave, make sure there are no cold spots (favorable conditions in which bacteria can survive) in the food. You can serve it plain, on salad greens, or in a pita. Roasted acorn squash is a healthful addition to your holiday table, 3 easy-to-prepare and healthful Thanksgiving side dishes, Oakland County seniors can get free Shipt grocery service membership, become a digital subscriber to the Free Press, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. In a large bowl, toss chicken, grapes, apple, celery and lettuce. The salad is a variation on the traditional Waldorf salad, which is typically a mix of fruit and nuts in a mayonnaise-based dressing. Add beans or olives, if that is what you like. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Serve salad on top of salad greens or in a pita shell. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. If you're enjoying  Thanksgiving leftovers this weekend, keep in mind that there are limits on how long you can safely store them. Make a small mound of salad mixture on each and garnish with … Lentils add fiber and protein without fat and without compromising the taste! If you have turkey breast from Thanksgiving dinner in your refrigerator, use it to add protein to this fresh, lightly dressed Waldorf salad. For more information on safe food handling, call the USDA’s Meat and Poultry Hotline at 888-674-6854 or visit www.foodsafety.gov. Divide leftovers into smaller portions and store in shallow containers in the refrigerator. Looking for turkey salad recipes? I threw it together and decided to write down the measurements. Packed with nutty pecans, creamy Greek yogurt, tangy cranberries, and crunchy celery, this is one turkey salad you'll put on repeat! Garnish with walnuts and serve chilled. Cubed jellied cranberry sauce is very good with it, so I place that on the plate around the salad. Serves 6. A 3-ounce serving of skinless turkey breast supplies just 3 grams of total fat and less than half  a gram of artery-clogging saturated fat. Serve with assorted crackers or breads. You can use either turkey or chicken. This is an amazingly good-for-you salad, packed full of fiber and nutrients to make up for any cheating that might happen on the weekend! It is my great-grandmother's recipe. When the oil is shimmering, it's ready! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Combine turkey with cooked pasta, olives, tomatoes and feta cheese. Great for leftover Thanksgiving turkey! I hope you will find it as enjoyable as we do. That's when this recipe can be your standby. Avoid overcrowding the refrigerator as cold air needs to circulate to keep food safe. "I serve this on red leaf lettuce, and garnish with grapes and pecan halves." Always date and identify food packages before storing. With so many different variations, this salad has something for everyone! I created this recipe to use leftover holiday turkey. No food processors, please. This is a great, fast recipe for those nights that you have little time but want a balanced meal. The salad is a variation on the traditional Waldorf salad, which is typically a mix of fruit and nuts in a mayonnaise-based dressing. This salad consists of potatoes, turkey hot dogs, pickles, scallions, hard-boiled eggs, and sweet peas. Simple but elegant.

Star Trek Ii: The Wrath Of Khan Cast, Big Bazaar Vasai, Coffee Shop Music Playlist, 2 Wire Well Pump Wiring Diagram, 2013 Ford Focus Transmission Warranty, Abune Selama History,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *