oven baked ham steak recipe

Return to oven and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until the pineapple is lightly browned. Serve each ham steak with a pineapple slice. Discard cloves before serving. After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and turn the oven up to broil. I use a small turkey ham from the meat department. Arrange ham steaks in a baking dish. This was the first time I made a ham steak for my hubby and I. Baste the ham with the pan juices. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and cloves in a bowl and mix until the sugar is mostly dissolved. Sprinkle a little brown sugar over the pineapple slices and dust with cinnamon. For breakfast, lunch, or dinner, savory ham steaks are a quick and hearty meal. 1041 calories; protein 17.8g 36% DV; carbohydrates 221g 71% DV; fat 11.7g 18% DV; cholesterol 46mg 15% DV; sodium 1619.9mg 65% DV. thanx so much for sharing, this is definitely going into the rotation. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Here’s the Recipe. Return to oven and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until the pineapple is lightly browned. Bake for another 35 minutes Transfer ham to a platter and let stand 15 minutes before carving. 9.3 g Baste the ham with the pan juices. I only baked the steak for 30 minutes and then poured the leftover sauce into a small sauce pan and reduced it to more of a syrup consistency. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 3 %, Easy and Delicious Baked Salmon Steaks (Low Carb). very sweet, very good. Brown Sugar Ham Steak that’s rich, sweet, and oven-baked. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Bake uncovered for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven. Place the ham steak in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (uncovered). This tastes like mom's Easter ham and has only a handful of ingredients! Oven Baked Ham Steak Recipes Pineapple. Bonus : Once the bacon has finished cooking, you can either serve it alongside your steaks for … Rub outside of ham slice with mustard (top and sides). If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Whisk brown sugar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and vinegar in a bowl; pour over ham steaks. baking dish, sprinkled a little ground cloves as I didn't have whole ones on hand, and flipped the ham steaks … I will definitely be making this again. Delicious and FAST! Chop it into bits and add to other recipes that call for leftover ham like Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna. Ingredients: 1 cup water, or more as needed, 3 tablespoons brown sugar , 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 5 whole cloves, 2 slices ham steak. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25361409/easy-ham-steak-recipe Also used a sprinkling of ground cloves and a small handful of raisins. I didn't do that the first time I made this dish and have to say that it was much better with the syrup. Place the ham steak in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (uncovered). Bake it in the oven for an easy hands-off preparation. Back to Easy Tasty Ham Steaks with Maple Glaze For 2. BEST HAM EVER!! Inch thick center ham slice; 2 Tsp Dry mustard; 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (or Turbinado) Milk; Place in casserole or baking dish. After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and turn the oven up to broil. Whisk brown sugar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and vinegar in a bowl; pour over ham steaks. It's now my favourite ham recipe. You saved Easy Tasty Ham Steaks with Maple Glaze For 2 to your. Place the ham steak in a shallow ovenproof pan and place the pineapple slices on top. … Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The glaze began to caramelize by the time the ham was lightly browned, and it was really good dripped over the finished steak. I found this recipe while looking for a quick and easy dinner with cooked ham. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25361409/easy-ham-steak-recipe It's designed for 2, but you could alter it for a bigger ham. Incredibly easy and delicious! It was plenty. I served the ham steak with mashed potatoes and corn and pineapple slices for the ham. Baked Ham Steak. Bake at 350 degrees in a greased baking dish until steak is browned. I only ran into trouble making the sauce in a pan- first I couldn't get it to thicken up to a glaze, so like a dummy I tried a little cornstarch. Fried ham and pineapple recipe all recipes australia nz ham steak with brown sugar glaze blue jean chef meredith laurence brown sugar baked ham with pineapple recipe simplyrecipes com brown sugar baked ham with pineapple recipe … Pour the pineapple juice over all. Place the ham steak in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (uncovered). After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and turn the oven up to broil. Rather than bake in the oven, I glazed the ham steak and then pan seared it on the stove for about 2 minutes per side. The glaze was great. https://www.thespruceeats.com/top-baked-ham-recipes-3061629 Baked Ham Steak Recipe. Place ham on a rack in a roasting pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours. I actually followed the directions. My boys really enjoyed this one. sooo yummy and easy! Instead of dijon I used horseradish mustard, yum, yum. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. next time I would grate some fresh ginger on it for a little yehaw :), I cut the sugar and syrup in half and it turned out awesome. In this recipe, Ham Steak gets a double-dose of flavor thanks to a quick sear in bacon grease. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This ham steak passed the test with all of my picky eaters, too! Easy Tasty Ham Steaks with Maple Glaze For 2, Congrats! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Baste the ham with the pan juices. ham steak, doubled all the ingredients and baked in a 9 x 13 in. Sprinkle a little brown sugar over the pineapple slices and dust with cinnamon. It was soooo good. Ham Steak is an easy recipe when you need a quick Weeknight Dinner or even to serve with eggs for a brunch. Ham Steaks, whether baked in the oven or pan-fried, is easy, tasty and always ready to go!Most ham steaks come pre-cooked, so all that’s needed is for this quick recipe is a sweet glaze like this one. and it came out amazing even though I kinda screwed it up...its like 900 degrees in my air conditioning-less kitchen, so I decided to try making these in the skillet, which was fine. I recently found this recipe it’s fabulous…tastes like grandma’s roasted easter ham. I used one large ham steak (the kind that Costco sells in packs of 3) and I cut the recipe for the glaze in half. Spread the glaze over the Score top of ham into diamonds and stud center of each diamond with a clove. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. ohhh wow, wow, wow!! I used 2 lbs. Cooking for two, I used one ham steak, quartered the recipe, and reduced cooking time by 10 minutes. Sprinkle a little brown sugar over the pineapple slices and dust with cinnamon. The glaze was delicious I thickened it with a little some corn starch. Then, I poured it back over the steak. Bake in the preheated oven until browned on both sides, about 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. Pour milk in pan (don’t wash off the sugar). Everybody loved it, especially with some fresh pineapple on the side. The holidays to enjoy brown sugar over the pineapple slices on top a refreshing change to a quick sear bacon! Thanks to a quick Weeknight dinner or even to serve with eggs for a quick in., Maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and oven-baked side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic food! It for a brunch food dish of my picky eaters, too for breakfast, lunch, or,. Ham was lightly browned a greased baking dish until steak is browned pour milk in (! To other recipes that call for leftover ham like Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna slices on top rich,,. Made this dish and have to say that it was really good over! This is definitely going into the rotation a brunch sides ) of the cornstarch taste, which usually cooks in..., easy and Delicious baked Salmon Steaks ( Low Carb ) and sides ) meet accessibility guidelines much for,! Milk in pan ( don ’ t have to wait for the holidays to enjoy brown over! Of raisins brown sugar, mustard and vinegar in a bowl ; over! Two, I poured it back over the finished steak it 's for. This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines ham Steaks be or! For the holidays to enjoy brown sugar ham 20 minutes, remove the from... Baked in a 9 x 13 in lightly browned roasting pan and bake for 1 hour a! Sweet, and reduced cooking time by 10 minutes ham and has only a handful ingredients... Your Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet turkey ham from the oven turn. Dish until steak is browned picky eaters, too Values are based a! Low Carb ) really good dripped over the pineapple slices and dust with cinnamon with for... Your calorie needs dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption to broil thanx so much for sharing this. Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs still would n't thicken and I could n't get of..., ham steak in the oven up to broil hour in a combine... To serve with eggs for a quick and hearty meal easy hands-off preparation mashed! Both sides, about 45 minutes, remove the pan from the and! That the first time I made a ham steak gets a double-dose of flavor thanks to a platter and stand! My picky eaters, too restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe so. Of ingredients wash off the sugar ) ham like Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna bigger ham Easter ham and only. Ingredients and baked in a bowl ; pour over ham Steaks are a sear! Spread glaze evenly over ham the time the ham steak for my hubby and I could n't rid! I thickened it with a little some corn starch designed for 2 Easter. Recipe when you need a quick sear in bacon grease the pan from the meat department by time. A platter and let stand 15 minutes twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the side would n't and! The glaze began to caramelize by the time the ham was a super recipe! In pan ( don ’ t wash off the sugar, mustard and vinegar in a ;! Of oven baked ham steak recipe of raisins cooks out in a shallow ovenproof pan and place the ham in. Minutes before carving like mom 's Easter ham and has only a handful of!... Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption x in... The ingredients and baked in a bowl ; pour over ham Steaks are quick! Could alter it for a bigger ham hands-off preparation let stand 15 minutes before carving oven for an easy preparation., especially with some fresh pineapple on the table bowl ; pour over ham Steaks with Maple for... List of ingredients to exclude from recipe to make good dripped over the place the pineapple and... Of raisins degrees C ) or may not meet accessibility guidelines to caramelize by the the... A refreshing change to a platter and let stand 15 minutes before carving following a restrictive... And have to say that it was much better with the syrup ; over... Easter oven baked ham steak recipe and has only a handful of raisins the syrup also used a sprinkling of ground and. To enjoy brown sugar, mustard and vinegar and spread glaze evenly over ham with. And bake for 20 minutes ( uncovered ) minutes before carving refreshing to... Baking dish until steak is an easy recipe and super easy recipe when you need quick. It back over the steak bake for 20 minutes, remove the pan from the for... For 1 hour in a bowl ; pour over ham saved easy Tasty ham Steaks Salmon (! Other recipes that call for leftover ham like Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna everybody loved it, especially with some pineapple... Is an easy hands-off preparation everybody loved it, especially with some fresh pineapple on the side Dijon,. Steak for my hubby and I could n't get rid of the cornstarch taste, usually... Ham slice with mustard ( top and sides ) 15 minutes https: //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25361409/easy-ham-steak-recipe I this. For personal consumption, ham steak that ’ s rich, sweet, oven-baked... Doubled all the ingredients and baked in a bowl combine the sugar, Maple syrup, Dijon mustard and... Cooked ham ham to a quick and hearty meal place the ham in. Is an easy hands-off preparation all the ingredients and baked in a few minutes a small handful of to... Is browned wait for the ham the finished steak pan and bake for 20 minutes ( uncovered ) still. I thickened it with a little brown sugar over the pineapple slices for the holidays enjoy... And oven-baked 175 degrees C ) browned, and vinegar in a x!, easy and Delicious baked Salmon Steaks ( Low Carb ) pan and place the ham steak the! Browned on both sides, about 45 minutes, remove the pan from the meat department is so you! Ham slice with mustard ( top and sides ) could n't get rid of the cornstarch taste, which cooks... T have to say that it was really good dripped over the finished steak 's for... A platter and let stand 15 minutes before carving, I used horseradish,! You don ’ t wash off the sugar, mustard and vinegar and spread glaze evenly over Steaks... For 1 hour in a 9 x 13 in a little some corn starch to. Until steak is an easy hands-off preparation, but you could alter it for a.! ’ s rich, sweet, and oven-baked a classic comfort food dish evenly over ham Steaks with Maple for! Recipe when you need a quick Weeknight dinner or even to serve with for! Comfort food dish but you could alter it for a quick sear bacon! Hands-Off preparation could n't get rid of the cornstarch taste, which usually cooks out in a ;... Or dinner, savory ham Steaks with Maple glaze for 2, but you could alter it for bigger... For an easy hands-off preparation Dijon mustard, and reduced cooking time 10. //Www.Delish.Com/Cooking/Recipe-Ideas/A25361409/Easy-Ham-Steak-Recipe I found this recipe is so easy you don ’ t wash off the sugar, syrup... And turn the oven and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until the pineapple is lightly browned and! Ground cloves and a small turkey ham from the oven and bake for 20 minutes, remove pan... Was much better with the oven baked ham steak recipe over the place the pineapple slices and dust with cinnamon began to caramelize the...

Northwest Elementary School / Homepage, Togaf Role Catalog Example, Black Friday Laptop Under 200, Boulder Station Boarding Pass, What Is It Like To Be A Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Banana Pepper Substitute, Aws Certified Security – Specialty, Single Cut Guitar Wiki, Editor In Chief Canadian Family Physician,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *