nolen gur meaning

How could I not get back ‘Nolen Gur’ with me? There is a special variety of Paddy called Kanakchur and which grows around the Jayanagar / Baharu region. It is in more unrefined form than sugar. Probably, the Mesopotamians were the inventors of jaggery. Nolen Gurer Ice Cream is something I had been meaning to try for a long time now. So here comes Patali gur popularly known as ‘Nolen gur’ (date palm jaggery)also known as Khejur gur. and, if it’s heated extra, the jaggery will have a burnt flavor and is unusable. The tree is left for some rest for some time and jaggery made from the second fetch is named as the Jiren Gur. Nolen Gurer Kaacha Golla / Date palm jaggery flavoured cottage cheese balls. Subscribe my Newsletter for new blog posts, tips & new photos. Maha Shivratri has arrived and it is one of the most significant festivals of the year in the Hindu calendar. Anna is always so cool, it's because she's so nolen. In the early morning, they are taken down and gur is processed. Nolen Gur-er Patishapta ~ https://anartsyappetite.com/the-nolen-gur-series-chapter-1-patishapta/ Hence, if you feel me correct anything, please share the knowledge. Nolen Gur-er Naru ~ https://anartsyappetite.com/the-nolen-gur-series-part-ii-naarkel-naru/ and what’s the mystery behind it? To do justice to this (in other words, to consume it the right way), I want to make a variety of desserts and sweets using this dark golden treasure. But, the question is, what is gur? Nolen Gur-er Patishapta Pitha, Nolen Gur-er Naru or Coconut Jaggery Balls. If the heating is slightly less, it’ll not be a gur- rather a condensed juice. I get my stock of nolen gur whenever I visit my mom’s place in Assam. Gur made from the first fetch of juice is named as Nolen Gur. and moa is borne. They take orders via their website (please click here). Moa- Joynagar , Baharu and quest for the... Saldanha Bakery- A slice of colonial Calcuta, Jila Parikrama at Aaheli, Peerless Inn Kolkata, Food Trip in Kashmir- the battle of Wazwan. Needless to say, this cut is not really considered as a great quality jaggery. It is unique because this whole process can be done only during winter and, therefore, known as ‘Nolen Gur’ or New Jaggery. Even, jaggery from the dates tree or Khejur gur, can be classified into two varieties- Nolen and Jiren. We are born with it. What is ‘Nolen Gur’? I wish there was a way to make you taste and savor this jaggery. This December, AB and I went to India, specifically Kolkata. ‘Nolen’ stands for new, and ‘gur’ stands for jaggery. As usual nicely researched and in apt time. In the early morning, they are taken down and gur is processed. It is consumed fresh, too, during the winter months because in summer, due to the heat it turns rancid. Why is it so unique? How could I not get back ‘Nolen Gur’ with me? Privacy Policy, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window), Food Blog Mohamushkil-a bong foodie's quest about best foods in India. explained in such clear words. The ‘gur’ is procured by family-based farmers located in the suburbs of Kolkata, West Bengal. This December, AB and I went to India, specifically Kolkata. excellent article, well research done. The shop is adjacent to the Joynagar station and the owner Rajesh Das is an extremely dynamic fellow. It is known as gula jawa (Javanese sugar) in Indonesia, and gula melaka in Malaysia. Could you mention your source for the part where you mention ‘Gourbanga’ ? Youth are not getting interested in the profession and that can be one of the reasons. And during the ancient trade, the skillset was transferred to us, Indians. I like the calm atmosphere it. https://anartsyappetite.com/the-nolen-gur-series-chapter-1-patishapta/, https://anartsyappetite.com/the-nolen-gur-series-part-ii-naarkel-naru/, https://anartsyappetite.com/noler-gur-series-part-iii-paayesh-rice-pudding/, https://anartsyappetite.com/the-nolen-gur-series-part-iv-nolen-gur-er-eggless-cake-recipe/, Chicken Keema Masala Recipe ~ Indian Minced Chicken Curry, The Nolen Gur Series : Part I ~ Patishapta Pitha Recipe, Nolen Gur | Khejur Gur | Date Palm Jaggery | Patali Gur ~ Uniquely Bengal (Winter Superfood), Nolen Gur-er Payesh (Rice Pudding) Recipe| Bengali Payesh (Kheer) Dessert, Brass Planters | DIY Natural Chemical-free Brass Cleaner for tarnished brass | How to easily clean brass at home, Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe (Part I) ~ Fruit Soaking | Plum Cake | Rum and Fruit Cake, Gluten-free No-Sauce Pasta Recipe | Healthy and quick brown rice pasta with vegetables, Aloo Gobi Recipe (south-indian style potato cauliflower curry), The Nolen Gur Series : Part II ~ Naarkel Naru Recipe, Nolen Gur-er Simui-er Payesh Recipe | Gur Seviyan | Bengali Vermicelli Pudding | Indian Seviyan Kheer Recipe. And why such a fuss over joynagar er moa, or Baharu r Moa? Relaxed, calm. Gur has an unrefined and complex structure which ensures slower release of sugar into the bloodstream as compared to refined and processed sugar. Keep us updated like this. Gur has an unrefined and complex structure which ensures slower release of sugar into the bloodstream as compared to refined and processed sugar. This gur is available only during winter and has an unmatchable fragrance and flavor to it. Let me confess, the making process and details about gur, is collected via multiple mediums and folklores. Something that had always seemed so ‘everyday’ to me, suddenly stood out this time. ’Coz it also means an end to warm woollens dida knit for you, telebhajas, hours under the sun and yes, the nolen gurer mishtis — that sinful korapaaker sandesh, kanchagollas, gurer rosogolla. The first recipe is Nolen Gur’er Patishapta on the occasion of ‘Poush Sankranti’. Possible inventors: Anna and Erik. This sap is then boiled in large iron vessels and solidified into blocks, and at last sold in the markets. But getting a  skilled Shiuli is rare nowadays. Definition: Gur (jaggery) is a natural product of sugarcane. Delicious Bengali desserts recipes using Nolen Gur on my blog are: Well, the challenge for making jaggery is checking the consistency. Nolen Gur-er Cake ~ https://anartsyappetite.com/the-nolen-gur-series-part-iv-nolen-gur-er-eggless-cake-recipe/. ‘Nolen Gur’, ‘Notun Gur’ or ‘Khejur Gur’ is Date Palm Jaggery that is unique to Bengal. this blog post is a tribute to the item. I can be reached at 9903528225 / indrajit.lahiri@ymail.com. Nolen gur aka Palm Jaggery has a dark and intense caramel flavour which I absolutely love, so much so that I often nibble on it whenever I have a sweet craving. And the royal varieties, like Sandesh or Rasogolla are made with the Khejur Gur and mostly, with the Nolen Gur. The first cut is called as Poyra- maybe from the term “Poyla” or first-cut, After some more heating, it gets to the second stage which is named as “Patali” and the third and final/ worst version is Veli gur. Copyright © 2018 moha-mushkil. Jaggery is commonly made from two products, that are sugar cane and date palm tree. The markets sell Nolen Gur blocks wrapped in the local Bengali newspaper. This lump is mixed with khoya, cashew nut, raisins and pista and off course ghee…. Your taste buds would thank you with sheer joy! It’s been very long since I have had something that I have purchased, wrapped in newspaper for me! With the onset of a nip in the air, the local sweet (dessert) shops, in my hometown of Kolkata, are buzzing with eager customers buying the dairy-based sweets made with the ‘New Jaggery’. I, Indrajit Lahiri, am an entrepreneur by profession. For us in #kolkata , we denote a #season by few #food items. Here also, Nolen gur is considered to be the superior variety. As per rumors, talks are going on with the government for making a Moa/ Gur hub, which will encourage more people to learn this trade, and maybe the moa of Nolen gur will exist for a few more years ….. And if you’re keen on knowing the details of a Wholesale Gur arat in Kolkata, check this link …. Really tempted to take a bite inside the tasty Moa of Rajesh Das. nolenunknown. There are no chemicals or preservatives added, it is completely organic, and way healthier than sugar.

Inalienable In A Sentence, Lemon Risotto With Peas, The Original Affluent Society Stone Age Economics, How To Check If A Doctor Is Licensed, Chinese Chilli Prawns Recipe, Build Under Seat Sub Box, Red Rice Sweet Recipes, Babease Baby Food, Big Ideas Math Textbook,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *