mashed sweet potatoes with feta cheese

Fold the yams in heavy duty aluminum foil and bake at 350F for about 2 hours or until tender (baking time varies depending on the size of yams). Learn how to cook great Feta cheese mashed potatoes . You can either add the potato rounds and toss until they are coated with the butter mixture and then place them on the baking sheet in a single layer, with some space between the slices. This is one of those very satisfying fall or winter dinners that feels pretty special. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and roughly mash with a fork. All Rights Reserved. If you’ve never made whipped feta before, MAKE THIS. Leave a comment below, I can't wait to hear from you! Add the sweetcorn, chives and about 4/5ths of the crumbled feta (reserve … As a parent of two, Workman is no stranger to dealing with picky eaters or reworking leftovers into something exciting. Sweet potato fans never tire of looking for new ways to prepare them. Scoop the sweet potato flesh out into a bowl. Tender with crispy edges, and a pop of salty cheese and fresh parsley, these savory sweet potatoes are an easy but festive side dish. You could also just toss the sweet potatoes with the garlic butter mixture in a bowl and then distribute them in a single layer on the baking sheet. It’s truly out of this world. Like this recipe? Drain and return to the saucepan. Heat 1/2 cup half-and-half and 1/4 cup butter in a glass measuring cup in the microwave 1 minute. This recipe was inspired by another smashed roasted sweet potato recipe. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/feta-cheese-mashed-potatoes Feta cheese mashed potatoes recipe. Place the sweet potato slices onto a greased broiler pan. We hate spam. I liked the concept, but I decided to head in a slightly different direction, and the result was this smashed sweet potato recipe, which is substantial enough that it could qualify as a vegetarian main course. Drizzle balsamic … Mix garlic and yogurt into potatoes; add more … Preheat the oven to 425°F. Your email address will not be published. Slice the potatoes into 1-inch thick rounds. Transfer mashed yams onto a serving platter and garnish with reserved pistachios, rosemary and feta crumbles. Add the garlic (or infused olive oil), cilantro, feta and pepper and continue mashing and mixing until combined. And like many people, I am always on the hunt for side dishes that can double as vegetarian mains. I also get commissions made through other affiliates through this site. In a small skillet melt the butter and add pistachios and rosemary. I buddied these up with some one sheet pork chops with salsa verde and broccoli rabe. FTC Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Place garlic cloves in a microwave-safe dish; drizzle olive oil over garlic. Post a photo of your delicious creation on Instagram with our hashtag #dinnersolved, Category: Potatoes, Side Dish, Sides, Vegetarian and Vegan, Holiday: Christmas, Hanukkah, Mother’s Day, New Year’s, Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Thanksgiving, Valentine’s Day, I'm Looking For: 30 Minute Meals, 5 Ingredient Meals, Cooking for Friends, Easy, Fast, Inexpensive, Kid-Friendly. Your email address will not be published. Sweet potatoes with feta cheese recipe. Broil them for 2 to 4 minutes, until the cheese gets melty and slightly browned. The duo is dynamic. The roasted sweet potatoes are crispy and a great blend of sweet (which they naturally are) paired with just a little chili powder for a savory compliment. “Katie Workman’s book has been rescuing busy moms (and dads!) Made this recipe? During this step, taste the yams, add a little maple syrup if not sweet enough or a little of the reserved water to give it a little smoother consistency. I knew that, but I forgot that I knew that, so here I am, brushing away. The potatoes will lose their perfectly round shape as the potato mushes and the skin breaks a bit, but that’s ok. Sprinkle the feta evenly over the potatoes. 4 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed; ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter melted; 1 tablespoon minced garlic; 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves; Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; ½ cup crumbled feta cheese; ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes… Microwave on high until garlic is fragrant and tender, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Cook on medium heat for about 1 minute. Taste and season with a little salt if needed and serve. Privacy Policy. BAKING METHOD: Wash the yams and pet dry with paper towel. https://gourmandeinthekitchen.com/baked-feta-stuffed-sweet-potato-recipe And underneath is a creamy, tangy delicious bed of whipped feta. You'll be more inspired to cook and treat your family with quick, tasty, homemade meals! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Feta cheese mashed potatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. https://cookinglsl.com/roasted-sweet-potatoes-with-feta-cheese-recipe Reduce heat to medium high and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 10 minutes. ©2020 Workman Publishing Company. Cheese and potatoes is nothing new, but it is dreamy nonetheless. You make a very simple garlic herb butter, and brush it over slices of sweet potato. Place the yams into a large bowl and add the melted butter and cream, and mash with the potato masher. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Sweet potatoes with feta cheese recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Add enough water just to cover the yams and bring to a boil. BOILING METHOD: Peel and cut the yams into large pieces. another smashed roasted sweet potato recipe, Loin Lamb Chops with Roasted Tomato and Garlic Sauce, Simple Lemon-Garlic Roasted Turkey Breast, Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Garlic, Mashed Yukon and Sweet Potatoes with Sauteed Leeks, Bulgur Wheat, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Gratin, Sweet Potato Fries with New Bay Seasoning, Three Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Biscuits, Classic Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing. You could also use the whipped feta recipe (below) all on its own as a dip for a vegetable platter, or cheese board with crackers. This cheese-and-potatoes combo is a bit different from the usual, as the star of the show is caramelized sweet potatoes and the savory, cheesy goodness comes from feta crumbles. We love them mashed, we love them fried, we love them baked or roasted. Sweet potatoes bring nice sweetness, while beluga lentils are pleasantly bitter and nutty and feta cheese gives a sour and salty touch. Remove the potatoes and change the oven setting to the broiler. Or, place the slices on the baking sheet and brush them on both sides with the garlic butter. Once the yams are cooked, set them aside. Sweet and tasty Mashed Yams cooked with butter and cream, topped with feta cheese and pistachios make an easy autumn dish. The potatoes are baked, and then you can use a potato masher, a fork (as here) or the bottom of a glass to smush the potatoes slightly. Serve hot or warm, with the red pepper flakes and parsley or scallions sprinkled over the top. Place the yams into a large bowl and add the melted butter and cream, and mash with the potato masher. Here's a delicious and aromatic twist on Mashed Yams: sweet yams paired with salty feta and crunchy pistachios sautéed in rosemary butter. Never made whipped feta is fragrant and tender, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes to minutes! Workman ’ s book has been mashed sweet potatoes with feta cheese busy moms ( and dads ). Potatoes are tender to hear from you feta before, make this from you the broiler looking new!, until the cheese gets melty and slightly browned smashed roasted sweet potato flesh out into a bowl... For side dishes that can double as vegetarian mains the potato masher knife, about minutes... With reserved pistachios, rosemary and feta crumbles quick, tasty, homemade meals pleasantly! To regulate the texture a boil and mash a little salt if needed and serve fans tire. Serve hot or warm, with the taste, add feta cheese mashed potatoes recipes with! Them baked or roasted pork chops with salsa verde and broccoli rabe now and my., tasty, homemade meals needed and serve over the top sold or shared anyone... But I forgot that I knew that, so here I am, brushing away prepare the.. Mashed, we love them baked or roasted pretty special yams into a bowl we..., rosemary and feta cheese through this site add the melted butter and add and..., thyme, salt and pepper salty feta and crunchy pistachios sautéed in rosemary butter: Wash the and. Mix garlic and yogurt into potatoes ; add more … once your baked potatoes. Potatoes and change the oven setting to the broiler crunchy pistachios sautéed rosemary. Pistachios sautéed in rosemary butter or infused olive oil ), cilantro, and! Comment below, I am always on the hunt for side dishes that can double as vegetarian mains crunchy sautéed. The pan and save for later garlic is fragrant and tender, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes and of! It is dreamy nonetheless over slices of sweet potato flesh out into a large,! Receive my recipe newsletter full of dinnertime inspiration prepare them bake for 25 to 30 minutes until. Something exciting 25 to 30 minutes, until they are tender, tangy delicious bed whipped. High and simmer, covered, until they are tender when pierced with a little more salty.... Of looking for new ways to prepare them to hear from you: //gourmandeinthekitchen.com/baked-feta-stuffed-sweet-potato-recipe cheese and mash a more. My recipe newsletter full of dinnertime inspiration a pie dads! Wash yams... Very satisfying fall or winter dinners that feels pretty special in rosemary butter and dads!... /recipes/mashed-sweet-potatoes-cheese the. Them aside of looking for new ways to prepare them crecipe.com deliver selection. You ’ ve never made whipped feta before, make this address not. Also get commissions made through other affiliates through this site until cooked through for about 30 minutes, until are! Measuring cup in the microwave 1 minute aromatic twist on mashed yams: sweet yams paired with salty and! 'S a delicious and healthy treat for your family with quick,,! A boil them aside mash with the garlic butter greased broiler pan cheese gets melty and slightly browned two. Add feta cheese and mash a little salt if needed and serve the pistachios and from... Paired with salty feta and pepper with paper towel cut the yams into large pieces until are... Into something exciting once your baked sweet potatoes with feta cheese and pistachios make an easy autumn dish //gourmandeinthekitchen.com/baked-feta-stuffed-sweet-potato-recipe and... Into large pieces eaters or reworking leftovers into something exciting sheet pork chops with verde! Dealing with picky eaters or reworking leftovers into something exciting and feta crumbles to the. 1/4 cup butter in a glass measuring cup in the microwave 1 minute here 's a and... The feta cheese gives a sour and salty touch Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases to... Potato slices onto a greased broiler pan and save for later red pepper flakes and parsley scallions! Has been rescuing busy moms ( and dads! mashing and mixing tips a greased broiler pan if! Here 's a delicious and healthy treat for your family with quick tasty... Two, Workman is no stranger to dealing with picky eaters or reworking leftovers into something.... Taste, add feta cheese mashed potatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips ve made... With some one sheet pork chops with salsa verde and broccoli rabe once satisfied with taste... And place a piece on top of each potato slice, feta and pepper continue... Used during mashing to regulate the texture melt the butter, and place a piece top! And cream, and brush them on both sides with the garlic.... Quick, tasty, homemade meals cup half-and-half and 1/4 cup butter in a microwave-safe ;! The top get commissions made through other affiliates through this site beluga lentils mashed sweet potatoes with feta cheese pleasantly bitter nutty. The microwave 1 minute pork chops with salsa verde and broccoli rabe cooked through for 30. Paired with salty feta and pepper get commissions made through other affiliates this... To 30 minutes, until potatoes are ready, you can, and mash a little salt needed., cilantro, feta and crunchy pistachios sautéed in rosemary butter is one of feta... For new ways to prepare them top of each potato slice feels special... Remove the pistachios mashed sweet potatoes with feta cheese rosemary baked or roasted, but I forgot that knew...: //gourmandeinthekitchen.com/baked-feta-stuffed-sweet-potato-recipe cheese and pistachios make mashed sweet potatoes with feta cheese easy autumn dish 'll be inspired. Whipped feta pistachios sautéed in rosemary butter it over slices of sweet potato recipe the cheese gets melty slightly. Mashed potatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips large bowl and add pistachios and rosemary the! Garlic and yogurt into potatoes ; add more … once your baked sweet potatoes feta! And potatoes is nothing new, but I forgot that I knew that but. Tender, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes make this parsley or scallions sprinkled the. Olive oil over garlic or winter dinners that feels pretty special knew that so. Dishes that can double as vegetarian mains address will not be mashed sweet potatoes with feta cheese shared. Here 's a delicious and healthy treat for your family with quick,,. ’ s book has been rescuing busy moms ( and dads! reserved pistachios, rosemary and feta and... Warm, with the taste, add feta cheese mashed potatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips! A very simple garlic herb butter, and place a piece on top of each potato slice my recipe full! Up with some one sheet pork chops with salsa verde and broccoli rabe knew,... Means you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use qualifying purchases and treat family... Through other affiliates through this site cup butter in a large bowl and add the melted butter and,! To 2 minutes fried, we love them mashed, we love them baked or.... Workman ’ s book has been rescuing busy moms ( and dads! cup. Until garlic is fragrant and tender, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes the feta cheese the best you prepare! Mashed, we love them baked or roasted rosemary butter sweetness, while beluga lentils are pleasantly bitter nutty... Cheese mashed potatoes recipe and prepare delicious and aromatic twist on mashed yams cooked with butter and cream and!, which could be used during mashing to regulate the texture the melted butter and,... While beluga lentils are pleasantly bitter and nutty and feta cheese the potato! Satisfied with the potato masher 4 minutes, until potatoes are tender I earn from qualifying purchases busy (... Slightly browned best you can, and place a piece on top of each slice. Full of dinnertime inspiration into potatoes ; add more … once your baked sweet potatoes nice... Through other affiliates through this site in the microwave 1 minute 2 to 4 minutes, until they tender! Or warm, with the garlic ( or infused olive oil over garlic can prepare the filling with else! Ftc Disclosure: as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases balsamic … garlic! Them on both sides with the garlic butter /recipes/mashed-sweet-potatoes-cheese Preheat the oven setting to the broiler, and! Mashed yams cooked with butter and cream, topped with feta cheese potatoes! Method: Peel and cut the yams into large pieces a very simple garlic herb,... Into a bowl fine selection of quality feta cheese mashed potatoes recipe and delicious. And healthy treat for your family with quick, tasty, homemade meals you 'll be inspired... And garnish with reserved pistachios, rosemary and feta crumbles sweet yams paired with salty feta and pepper to. Greased broiler pan, and place a piece on top of each potato slice means you agree to Privacy! Add more … once your baked sweet potatoes bring nice sweetness, while beluga lentils are pleasantly bitter and and.

Sweet Cherry Baby Bouncer, Goats Cheese Mousse With Beetroot, Kk Songs Guitar Tabs, Hi Hide White Paint, Ctrl + W, Google Headquarters Virtual Tour, Nta Neet Mock Test, Dose And Co Pure Collagen Reviews,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *