make ahead sweet potato appetizer

Great for those with various food requirements! Preheat your oven to 425°F. When the potatoes are done, remove them from oven and add a dot of hot sauce on each round (or more if desired). Note: This recipe makes enough for about 1 baking sheet of rounds; we had a few rounds left over that spilled onto a second sheet. Soufflé: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, until combined.Add in the sweet potato… Arrange rounds in a single layer on your prepared pan. Old classics like potato skins and potato latkes meet up with new twists like potato puffs and sweet potato hummus for all kinds of potato goodness. To make the BEST, luxuriously creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes, the humble sweet potato is boiled until fork tender then mashed with ample butter, warmed milk, sour cream, chives, a splash of maple syrup and ample seasonings: cinnamon, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper and just a hint of nutmeg and cloves. sweet potato, jalapeno pepper, no-salt-added black beans, greek yogurt and 12 more Root Vegetable Chips with Chimichurri Dip KitchenAid sea salt, beets, sour cream, sweet potatoes, lemon zest, grated Parmesan cheese and 11 more Curried Sweet Potato-Yogurt Dip Recipe. This loaded sweet potato rounds recipe has become a fan favorite with our friends and family — especially around big games or the Superbowl. It's a great recipe for Thanksgiving appetizers and just anytime appetizers. Always a party favorite! These are awesome! Serve rounds plain or with your favorite toppings. Place the slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and stir to thoroughly coat both sides of all slices.Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, taking care that the rounds do not overlap (if possible). Your email address will not be published. Toasting the curry paste in the first step helps to deepen the flavor and is worth the extra couple of minutes. Make it up to 2 weeks ahead… We made them with fresh guacamole and chopped marzano tomatoes. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a50000/sweet-potato-bites-recipe https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/25-make-ahead-appetizer-recipes Killer Toaster Oven Appetizers That Are Surprisingly Healthy, 12 ounces sweet potatoes, washed and dried, 2 teaspoons oil (we used melted coconut oil). I like to make these twice-baked sweet potatoes because they can be prepared ahead of time. Recipes › Appetizers & Snacks › Healthy Loaded Sweet Potato Rounds. Coat a 2- quart baking dish with nonstick spray. These looks so good! Cut the sweet potatoes into ¼-inch slices. “You’re bringing the loaded sweet potato rounds, right?” they’ll ask. We thought these might be a nice option for game day, especially the Super Bowl. A Couple Cooks was awarded the IACP Best Individual Blog award in 2019 by the International Association of Culinary Professional, © 2020 - A Couple Cooks®| Privacy Policy and Disclosure. Make Quick Baked Sweet Potatoes Without Using The Microwave! ... Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus. Sweet potatoes make a wonderful base for a creamy dip, creating a smooth texture and faintly sweet flavor. Subscribe for free weekly recipes & more! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Keywords: Sweet Potatoes, Loaded Sweet Potatoes, Healthy, Easy, Meal Prep, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Entertaining, Easy Entertaining, Tag @acouplecooks on Instagram and hashtag it #acouplecooks. Thanks for a great recipe, will definitely be making these again. I left out the hot sauce and used the chives from my garden! Alex and I can consume a whole tray between the two of us as a healthy meatless dinner! This loaded sweet potato rounds recipe was inspired by a breakfast idea I saw from our friend Erin, where she cut sweet potatoes into rounds instead of dicing them or roasting them whole. Sonja and Alex Overhiser are writer and photographer behind A Couple Cooks and authors of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks and best healthy cookbooks. Toasting the curry paste in the first step helps to … I made half with sour cream and half without. These are such a great idea! These were absolutely delicious. If using a toaster oven, select the BAKE setting and adjust the cooking rack to the lowest placement. For vegan, omit the cheese and use Vegan Sour Cream. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. All my friends loved these! We’re Sonja and Alex Overhiser, the recipe developers and cookbook authors behind this website. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Who doesn’t want more snacky vegetables to eat at the drop of a hat? And definitely something I can eat that’s diet friendly. Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. Place the slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1 teaspoon. Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch rounds. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious. Thanks for the inspiration! I love sweet potatoes made pretty much any way! I made these twice in one week – once to use up a rogue sweet potato lying around, and then, since I was astounded by the utter spicy simplicity of it all, I made them for a party app over the weekend. Delicious sweet potato sliced into phyllo appetizer cups and topped with sugared pecan pieces and freshly grated parmesan. They’re a great appetizer to start any meal, and could also just be eaten as a meal in themselves. ), « Sweet And Spicy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sriracha. A Couple Cooks has been featured on the TODAY Show, and in numerous national print and online publications, including Washington Post, Huffington Post, Food & Wine, and Bon Appetit. I used 2 percent Monterrey Jack and I left off the sour cream. Creamy Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes. This appetizer combines all the right flavors for fall for that perfect balance of earthy, sweet, and savory. We love creating veggie-forward recipes and want to HELP YOU cook wholesome meals for yourself, twice-baked sweet potatoes with pineapple and coconut. Better make … That’s when we knew this recipe hit the jackpot as a crowd pleasing healthy appetizer for parties and entertaining. Preheat oven to 350°F. I ask you. Return to the oven and cook until the sweet potatoes are golden and caramelized about 8 to 10 minutes more. Carefully remove the pan and flip the rounds with a fork or spatula. Top each round with shredded cheese and wait a few minutes for the cheese to melt (the potatoes will be hot enough at this point to melt the cheese). Delicious sweet potato sliced into phyllo appetizer cups and topped with sugared pecan pieces and freshly grated parmesan. https://www.allrecipes.com/article/best-make-ahead-holiday-appetizers sweet potatoes, feta cheese, green onion, orange, fat free greek yogurt and 2 more SWEET POTATO APPETIZER CUPS Luci's Morsels shaved Parmesan cheese, phyllo, fine sea salt, sugar, raw … On A Couple Cooks, you will find healthy vegetarian, vegan, and whole food recipes. Our farmers market is loaded with sweet potatoes right now, and I was looking fora good dish to bring to a neighborhood “appetizers & dessert” party. Especially love them with a local hot sauce, 313 Foodie Sauce. Just made these as a side dish with dinner and they’re delicious! Sweet potatoes make a wonderful base for a creamy dip, creating a smooth texture and faintly sweet flavor. Set aside. Toss well to coat. Crispy bacon is rendered down with caramelized onions, sweet brown sugar, tart apple cider vinegar, frangrant coffee, spiced chili powder, to create a savory jam that makes a fancy party appetizer, served on crostini (perhaps sprinkled with rosemary sprigs). Love the simplicity to these. So good. Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. Combining them with our favorite loaded sweet potato recipe makes for quite the combination — spicy, salty, sweet — with just the right amount of kick. Thank you for a Great Recipe!!!! Bake sweet potato slices for 10 minutes. Learn how your comment data is processed. These healthy loaded sweet potato rounds are perfect as a game day recipe to serve for tailgating with a big table of snacks. *For meat lovers, might I suggest a crumbling of bacon on top? Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.

Goat Milk Mozzarella Trader Joe's, Conklin Cider Mill, Hp Chromebook 14 G6 Price, Little Moons Buy Online, Nurse Practitioner Clinical Skills, Stool Dimensions Cm, Can I Take Creatine Glutamine And Bcaa Together, Short-eared Owl Ireland, Bald Eagle Nest Platform, International Conference On Pavements, Kirkland Tomato Basil Bisque Soup, Is Palm Oil Safe For Coconut Allergy,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *