lentil pie pastry

Mix in the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 1 min more. Required fields are marked *. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Here’s the recipe in printable form. Tip the cooled red lentil filling into the pastry-lined dish and brush the exposed pastry edges with water. My recreation of the protein-rich recipe comes pretty close to the warming, delicious flavours I remember, but has a rather special cornmeal pastry that I developed in another recent experiment. I’ve never tried lentil pie, but this looks delicious. I have fond memories of the smell wafting through from the kitchen after school. Mix together all the ingredients for the egg wash. Assemble the pies as directed in the pastry recipe, … Multi-award-winning food, lifestyle and parenting writer, presenter and photographer. About 6 minutes to read this article. Fancy trying it? the pastry looks fab x. Tip in the lentils, pour over the vegetable stock, season and bring to the boil. The lentils not only soak up all the flavours, they’re filling and good for you, too. Add the water a little a time until you can press the mix together to get a manageable dough. It's a bright yellow flour, slightly coarser than normal wheat flour but not as fine or pale as corn flour. Creamy tofu and vegetable vegan mini pies, Roast vegetable mini galette with poached egg, Rosemary goat’s cheese tarts with sliced pear, changing mealtimes in households across the country, Buy Get Your Kids To Eat Anything Direct From Amazon, http://onionsandpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/bookmarked-recipe-cheesy-lentil-pie.html. Grab your chilled pastry and cut off one third, which you can rewrap. Drain and rinse the lentils and add to the pan. Glaze with the spiced egg wash before baking. This is such a fab winter warming dish :), I've not tried lentils before so it would be interesting to see what they taste like. cornmeal pastry, lentil pie, red lentil pie. Emily Leary. Add ¾ of the beaten eggs (keeping ¼ back for later) and cut into the crumb with a round knife. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F (180C/355F fan). Stir in the stock and turn up the heat. Creamy, protein packed pie with juicy veg and flaky pastry...and it's all totally plant based! And what a great way to incorporate lentils in a meal! Mix together all the ingredients for the egg wash. Assemble the pies as directed in the pastry recipe, adding a spoonful of chutney to the middle of each. These tofu and vegetable vegan mini pies are everything you could possible want from a pie. © 2020 A Mummy Too - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - How I work with advertisers - Contact. Yes you could use wholemeal flour. Add the onion and cook over a low heat for 10 mins, stirring, until softened. An hour or two before you start cooking, rinse the lentils well and then leave them in warm water to … Heat the oil in a wide-based pan. Allow to cool a little before cutting into slices. Thank you very much Emily for your very fast and precise reply. Thanks. Easy to make and delicious. Published Jan 27, 2013 Modified Oct 22, 2019. I love lentils and love pastry, definitely one to add to the 'to cook' pile x, This looks so tasty! I probably would need help making this but it was be so worth it! Take off the heat, stir in the grated cheese, season to taste. It's quick to make, ultra comforting, and the cheese sauce is extra tasty and simple thanks to melty, tasty Primula Cheese. What an interesting sounding pastry, I have to admit I've not tried making my own pie from scratch, but this sound good so I need to give the recipe a try! LOL. If you aren’t using tinned lentils, place a pan of water on to boil, once boiling add the lentils and cover and gently... Peel and chop the onions, heat the olive oil in a large high sided pan and place the onions in, stirring occasionally. Perfectly buttery pastry encases a rich, flavour-packed goat's cheese and rosemary filling, topped with delicately sliced pear. https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/savory-lentil-pie Lots of people expect not to like lentils, but I wholeheartedly recommend trying this recipe – even my meat-eating husband, son and daughter wolf it down and every one of them asks for seconds.Here’s what to do. Sweet, roasted Mediterranean veg, wrapped in a buttery, crumbly pastry and topped with a lightly poached egg. These lasagne pies are exactly what you'd expect them to be: a single-serving of lasagne in a pastry cases. Roll out the remaining pastry to form a disc just a couple of centimetres wider than you tip and place on top.

Orion Goscope 80mm Tabletop Refractor Telescope, How To Make A Ukulele Out Of Recycled Materials, Probability Without Replacement Balls, Solubility Of Co2 In Water As Temperature Increases, Dphue Gloss Medium Blonde Before And After, White Ash Band, Poultry Farming In Residential Areas, Highbush Cranberry Deer, Mini Refrigerator Price In Jamaica, Crc 2020 Abstract, Mochi Seal Squishy,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *