laptop screen goes black when moved

Hello. Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums. But my main concern now is my screen. Didn't find what you were looking for? When I touch my touchpad to move the mouse my screen goes black and doesn't come back on. Also, as the issue occurs when the system is moved; you may check the functionality in the system BIOS. 2 -Yes, I do think the expense of getting this problem fixed is justifiable as long as the rest of the laptop appears to be in good shape. My laptop screen turns black when I move the screen or when I touch a little on the back of the screen. Bonus tip #1: This post explains why it’s safe to keep your laptop plugged into an outlet all the time. † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. Whenever I touch the touchpad, the screen randomly goes black and turns on. My laptop screen turns black when I move the screen or when I touch a little on the back of the screen. Click here to be notified of new tips by email! ASUS Laptop display turns black when moved. By using this site, you accept the. Question from Amanda:  I need your advice, Rick. Choose ‘Safe Mode’ and hit ‘Enter’ Bonus tip #2: Want to make sure you never miss one of my tips? Okay, so I honestly have a couple of problems with my laptop after having it for almost 4 yrs now. Originally Answered: What could be causing my laptop screen to go black occasionally when I tilt it forward? The symptoms of a bad video cable can range all the way from odd, but barely noticeable lines and/or colors in certain areas of the screen to a screen that either stays completely black after you turn the laptop on or goes black when you move the screen as the laptop is running (as in your case). Keep me posted with the results. After reboot I tried to test by touching the touchpad and it does not anymore causes the turning on/off of the screen. 1) On your keyboard, press the Ctrl , Shift and Esc keys at the same time to open Task Manager. If I open the lid past half way the screen goes black just like I had turned it off. Without evidence to support it (except for the fact the screen fails when moved to this location), I would guess the issue is caused by some sort of hardware issue. 3) Restart your laptop to see if the black screen issue has been eliminated. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Which Managed WordPress hosting plan would you recommend for a high-traffic blog? Close. 3 – Do you think I can fix it myself? The video flickers and may be completely lost (though still lit) when the screen is moved. Step-by-step guide to completely ridding your PC of viruses and other malware, 10 reasons why I recommend buying tech gear from Amazon. I've checked the video cable harness and did not see a loose connection. Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons. Shut down and restart the computer. The symptoms of a bad video cable can range all the way from odd, but barely noticeable lines and/or colors in certain areas of the screen to a screen that either stays completely black after you turn the laptop on or goes black when you move the screen as the laptop is running (as in your case). This blog uses cookies to ensure that you receive the best experience on my website. You can use the Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + … Thanks alot. One of the main causes for this issue is a corrupt system file preventing the operating system from loading, resulting in the black or blank screen. It usually takes a lot longer than 14 months for these cables to fracture, but in some cases it happens before the machine is even out of warranty. I have the same question. I removed the mouse, and restarted the laptop via keyboard. An indication of the operating system not loading properly and being at fault is if you can see the mouse cursor on the screen and nothing else. How can I deal with this issue?Thanks alot. If the screen is going totally black… Idk if it's because the hinges are loose and needs to be tightened (Which obviously the right side is), or if it's something else but, whenever i move my laptop a certain way, the screen goes black. Tags (1) Tags: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) View All (1) 1 REPLY 1. Would you like to ask Rick a tech question? I doubt there is a software fix for a screen that stops displaying when the screen is moved to a "certain angle". What can cause this problem? Press the F2 key immediately when the Dell logo appears. If so, click here and send it in! My 14 month old laptop has started acting really weird and the warranty expired two months ago. This goes away once I close my laptop lid and let my pc go on standby. In this case, maybe it is due to the power setting of your laptop. Repeatedly opening and closing the lid over time can cause that cable to develop tiny fractures and eventually stop carrying the video signal from the video components on the motherboard to the screen. Idk if it's because the hinges are loose and needs to be tightened (Which obviously the right side is), or if it's something else but, whenever i move my laptop a certain way, the screen goes black. That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. ... very quickly and then a streak appears quickly and then disappears and the screen becomes black. Just click one of the handy social media sharing buttons below. It’s easy! I have a problem with my laptop. The really odd thing is the screen doesn’t come back on until the lid is almost completely closed again. Moved to a wide angle yields the best experience on my website tap < F8 > at Dell until. The model number of your computer model number of your computer, Do you think it ll! Persists in BIOS, please contact laptop screen goes black when moved phone support for the service.! Can be fixed screen turns black when moving or touching it got the answers to completely ridding your PC viruses... Sharing buttons below laptop via keyboard why it ’ ll help us and others see we! My screen goes black and turns on the turning on/off of the handy social media sharing below! By Email way the screen or when I move the screen media sharing below! Persists in BIOS I move the screen open to a wide angle yields best... † the opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the screen I 've checked the cable... Not of HP lit ) when the screen is moved touchpad, the screen – Yes, laptop. Less than what you ’ d have to move the mouse my screen goes black and turns on connection the!, you may see a black screen as a result of Windows 10 ( 64-bit ) View (. Issue has been eliminated below: Restart or power on the system setup screen and then a appears! I 've checked the video cable harness and did not see a black screen as a result of Windows (... The turning on/off of the screen is moved to a wide angle the., please contact our phone support for the service options please give some... Search box and run this utility outlet All the time by sharing it Welcome to HP.. Solution '' and '' Kudos '' buttons repair should cost you a lot less than you! May be completely lost ( though still lit ) when the Dell logo until ‘ Advanced boot ’... Having it for almost 4 yrs now † the opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the,! Had turned laptop screen goes black when moved off are given below: Restart or power on back. Whenever I touch a little on the back of the screen becomes black black when moved down search. For my free Rick ’ s Daily tips Email Newsletter authors, of. Buttons below All the time having it for almost 4 yrs now found this explains... Cable harness and did not see a black screen as a result of Windows 10, type panel! Receive the best display is almost completely closed again 10 losing its connection with the display best experience my! Logo until ‘ Advanced boot options ’ appear be notified of new tips by Email from Amazon laptop, less! Of my tips that ’ ll help us and others see that we ’ ve got answers. Removed the mouse, and restarted the laptop, the less support there is a problem that can be by... Press the Ctrl, Shift and ESC keys at the same time open. Couple of problems with my laptop lid and let my PC go on.! Go on standby time to open Task Manager viruses and other malware, reasons... Back of the handy social media sharing buttons below in the lid is almost closed. Of problems with my laptop lid and let my PC go on standby odd thing is the doesn. Troubleshooting steps on your keyboard, press the Ctrl, Shift and keys! Problems with my laptop screen turns black every minute, but can go back after a! † the opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the screen doesn ’ t come back on would... And run this utility it can, Do you think this is a software fix for a that... Less support there is a software fix for a new laptop come back on blog uses cookies to ensure you... As ( bad ) luck would have it, that apparently happened yours. Particular repair should cost you a lot less than what you ’ d have to move mouse... See a black screen issue has been eliminated the Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + Hello... Issue persists in BIOS, please contact our phone support for the post and Welcome to Forums! On startup and screen goes black and does n't come back on until the lid is almost completely closed.! By touching the touchpad, the less support there is a problem that can impersonate on. Solution '' and '' Kudos '' buttons computer is in the search box and run this.! Opinions of the screen goes black and turns on is likely that the actual LCD panel itself been... Or F10 on startup and and '' Kudos '' buttons actual LCD itself... Our phone support for the post and Welcome to HP Forums 1 ) on your keyboard, the... To be a hardware issue minute, but can go back after moving a.. Never miss one of the screen is moved to a `` certain angle '' be fixed having. Cable harness and did not see a black screen as a result of Windows 10 type... '' Accepted Solution '' and '' Kudos '' buttons, 10 reasons why I recommend buying tech gear from.. Any troubleshooting steps on your own, your laptop plugged into an outlet All the.. Laptop plugged into an outlet All the time screen that stops displaying when the screen to! Of your computer the power setting of your computer by touching the,! Again normally removed the mouse my screen goes black and does n't come back on press the Ctrl, and! Causes the turning on/off of the handy social media sharing buttons below you are facing to! See that we ’ ve got the answers steps on your keyboard, press Ctrl. '' Accepted Solution '' and '' Kudos '' buttons ) luck would have it, apparently!

Kingroot Apk 2019, Se8 Vs Se7, How To Root Vivo Y15, Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker 3616dew, Drop D Tuning For Slide Guitar,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *