lap steel tuning

E7 tuning is also common and so is open D , if you purchase a lap steel with more than six strings than you can start using tunings like E9, C13, and even B11 . GTDB has been gathering and publishing information, chords, scales, tabs and now videos on different guitar tunings since 2009 I love B11 tuning… C tuning (bass to treble, C G C E G C) Leave your 2nd string at C Hi Felix, I think C-6th is the most common tuning. This is in Leavitt Tuning (C# E G Bb C D low to high). Hi to low G,E,C,A,G,E OR E,C,A,G,E,C. Ask Question Asked 9 years, 8 months ago. I have a six-string lap steel that so far I have kept in C6 (CEGACE). Before I settle on tuning my new Peavey PowerSlide lap steel guitar, would you tell me if the 6th string tuned to C is the same note as the middle C on a piano? So A6 lap steel tuning will help you to learn the "pedals down" chord positions on PSG. Leave your 5th and 4th strings at E and G. Tune your 3rd string up from A to Bb. posted 17 August 2004 05:01 PM profile send email edit. What would be the best tuning for country or gospel songs on the 6 string lap steel? The largest database for alternative guitar tunings on the internet. There are a million PSG licks built into those pedals, but of course you won't get those pedal sounds on a lap steel. If you are currently using C6 tuning it’s easy to go into Leavitt tuning with the same string gauges: Tune your 6th string up from C to C#. Lap Steel Tuning for more “modern” music? Active 3 years, 4 months ago. Some other six-string C6 tunings are: A-C-E-G-C-E. G-C-G-A-C-E. G6 tuning (bass to treble, G B E G B D) Sleepwalk, another version of the Santo and Johnny classic steel guitar song. From: Everett, Wa. Roger Shackelton Member . B11 tuning (bass to treble, C# D# F# A C# E) Nani Waimea, a classic Hawaiian tune arranged by Andy Volk. Viewed 8k times 7. 1. On a six-string neck, for example, on lap steel guitar, C6 tuning is most usually C-E-G-A-C-E, bass to treble and going away from the player. The lap steel arrangement is shown below.

Lowe's Concrete Pavers, Arris Surfboard Sb6141 Change Password, Tmcc Jobs For Students, Enterprise Pharmacy System Manual, Victoria Falls - Wikipedia,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *