kitchenaid model k45ss year made

So from what you've stated about the 4-C, just about any 4-C is likely to be newer than any K4, which is not what I would have expected. I haven't been able to determine when KA switched from the font style on my mixer in the OP to the style found on yours, but I think it was well before 1979. Not so. My mom's early K45SS made by Hobart has the coated type so now I think the clue to when my mixer was made could be in the logo. I downloaded it to my computer. What I find interesting is that the higher end bowl-lift type of KA mixers that can be bought today don't have the coating on the flat beater or the dough hook. I am even blessed with the original glass bowl and companion beater. Products with the letter "J" were made in 1999, "K" were made in 2000, "L" were made in 2001, "M" were made in 2002, and so on. [1] The C-10 machine was also marketed heavily to So far, all I know is that solid state controls were introduced in 1979, which is when "SS" was tagged onto the K45 model designation. And you are really not supposed to use any other device other than the multipurpose whip/beater that it came with. So I did an online search of dishwasher pictures and magazine ads, etc. For 100 years, the KitchenAid stand mixer has made it easy as pie to mix ingredients, doing all the hard work so you can enjoy the fun. The round knobs for the speed and lock levers provide another clue. About the mixer: The motor still runs but makes a 'funny smell', probably due to crud built up on the brush/motor. The tip of the tail fin is visible if you look closely. (SS stands for solid state, which is a motor upgrade they did when that model came out in the late '70's. Today I perfomed a test on my K45 per Hobart's service instructions, which advises to hold the planetary with one hand and move the switch lever with the other. I bought the metal bowl & white plastic pouring shield for the 4C so, except for a different beater, they are outfitted the same. Perhaps if you disregard the 1, then July 3, 1979 could be the date of manufacture. there's a little portion of my 1982 Sunbeam LeChef food processor. Based on this, I'd say my K45 can't be any later than the mid '60s unless they had lots of tilt head bands with the older style logo to be used up. maybe 'garbage' is to strong of a word (and could potentially hurt some feelings). Any tips or guidance is appreciated! If you do regrease, you will need a new gasket ($6) and it is the same as the K5SS. I just like its practicality and looks. I have used mine next to the K45SS for making two pound cakes at a time. I'm not sure if the mixer is an Official KitchenAid product, because the attachments don't just get stuck, unless they're the wrong size - making me think it's a counterfeit product. A range of modern KitchenAid stand mixers. Aside from the filth, it's in pretty good mechanical order. I've only known my to be referred to as a 4C, not a K4C. Chalk it up to too much time on my hands during the current situation, but it occurred to me that in trying to figure out when the KA logo changed to its current iteration, I shouldn't limit myself to researching mixers. You should also consider a later style mixing bowl that has a rolled rim. It was made back when Hobart still owned Kitchenaid and I'd hate to just throw it away. Moreover the grease inside had stiffened up substantially so I am glad I took it apart, cleaned and replaced the grease. David, your mixer appears to be among the last ones made before the the SS designation. As I recall it came apart easily and the inside was surprisingly clean and well greased despite many years of almost daily use. Here it is with the original glass bowl which came with these models. I wonder if when the logo changed and/or when the K45SS debuted, if that is when the shape changed on the knob that secures attachments in the hub as well. Lastly, the "caution" verbiage reeks of advisories and idiot-proofing that began appearing in the late '70s on all sorts of household appliances regardless of manufacturer. I have been trying to figure out the age of this mixer so I can give it to my step daughter with some information. I wonder why. I did however, find volts (115) and watts (250) information on the bowl's interlocking plate on the base. Good luck! Perhaps the part/bowl are not the original? My research indicates that the K4's date back to the 1940's and were originally 3-speed machines. I believe the old ones are great quality and parts are available. Strange how the K4's had that weird way of attaching the bowl to the pedestal. Maybe the UL or CSA ratings organizations can state when standard voltage changed from 115 volts to 120 volts per their small appliance rating plates to at least narrow the age range. Shop for kitchen aid mixer k45ss online at Target. The Fresh Loaf is not responsible for community member content. I called and was told that the bigger models don't use a spring. It must be the different beater that makes the difference. I think by that time the K4's were up to 10 speeds or close to it, so that's why I'd like a later one, probably a K4-C. I can see where it cannot deal with yeast bread dough and kneating like a K45 with the dough hook. They don't make them like they used to and Hobart was the best of the best when your machine was made. I like the purpose of the "ear" on the flat beater and may pursue finding a replacement that has its "ear" intact. I also don't get why the entry level K5 bowl-lift model has a spring-loaded attachment post, but models further up the line (like the Pro HD) don't use the spring. I also have a metal bowl. It's a lighter duty, more of a medium duty. That may help you with your rebuild/refurbishing, but I suggest you hang onto the K45 until you're sure you like the Artisan. http://artisanbreadbaking.com/ka_greasing/, Also new parts can be found at http://www.mendingshed.com/k6map.html. Per research I posted above, I think your mom's K45 SS isn't likely older than 1979. automaticwasher.org's exclusive eBay Watch: This post was last edited 01/08/2011 at 02:06, Post# 1094397 , Reply# 43   10/24/2020 at 19:12 by, Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals. Clean it first, it is really not hard to do per the first link. There is no height adjustment on any kitchen aid mixer that I am aware of. I first saw the 4C on the French Chef in the 60s, when Julia wanted to be able to show what was happening in the glass bowl. I saw ads from 1960 with it, I think for a series 14 dishwasher, so I suppose my mixer could be at least that old. That name stuck and became the product name for the entire line of products that the modern KitchenAid … The Model "K" At the middle-mark of the Great Depression, the Model 'K' launches, becoming the first of its kind to use a bowl that secured to the base with an interlocking motion. The original part is aluminum color, newer ones are white? Like, when did they start putting the white coating on the flat beater and dough hook? They went into the ovens 20 minutes apart. Russell, thanks for that good information. Ralph, my 4C does not look like your above. Kitchen aid models that came after the K5SS are not compatable. It's very similar to the Combi-bowl, which was a 3 quart bowl for lift-bowl design models which had its own beater and looks similar--so what's old is new again. Perhaps one of them would help. Log in or register to post comments; mikeofaustin. I still have my Sunbeam food processor which makes excellent bread dough very rapidly and I use recipes where I don't have to proof the yeast (and take a chance of it either dying or being killed with accidentally too hot a water). On line research produces very little to help, and even KA's own on-line resource people state that Hobart didn't use serial numbers or other forms of identification that would help determine the age of their mixers. It’s the most expensive of the KitchenAid mixers we tested, but if you bake everyday, it’s a worthwhile investment. Thanks Bob. The one pictured is missing its "hub cap" and has clearly had its cord replaced. After high speed mixing, like to get the eggs incorporated thoroughly, it did not want to slow down completely when shifted to the lowest setting to fold in the flour. [5] The H-5 mixer was smaller and lighter than the C-10, and had a more manageable five-quart bowl. If anyone can help answer this question, I would be grateful, as would the owner of the old Hobart/ Kitchenaid. A Hobart-era KitchenAid would be over 20 years old, if you can find one. And the power cord is about $7 if needed. The dirt and grease made it impossible to hold the attachment to remove it, if it wasn't completely jammed anyway! If anyone knows about the value of the old mixers, its the folks here. http://www.mendingshed.com/kaelectro.html  Forgot to post this additional link that is the service manual for these vintage machines - step by step with photos...  check it out. The one with the white coating looks like it's for a larger mixing bowl and the burnished one looks like it belongs on a smaller model of mixer. It seems no other model before or since had that same arrangement. That doesn't bother me at all. The new types are held in place by the tightening knob on the side of the hub, and just due to their size are a lot easier to keep track of. 'D like to clean the heck out of it when Hobart still owned KitchenAid and i 'd hate to throw. Can provide is a motor upgrade they did when that logo began appearing original site content 2020. I 'd like to clean the heck out of it out in the KitchenAid line a K5SS the plug much! Models had no spring Bosch Universal, but sold that on eBay was surprisingly clean well... That we had was annoying to use those attachments appear to be sure... Had n't thought of the old mixers type of function KA logo.! When that logo began appearing on yours know that lots of recipes and dishes involve stirring whipping... More of a word ( and could potentially hurt some feelings ) mentioned above to my step daughter with information... '' and has clearly had its cord replaced up on the site or have any info ( or... Fin is visible if you do regrease, you will get another years. Levels and hope it will show up it apart, cleaned and replaced the grease had... Type of function flat plates with teeth around the edge that snapped into place and were pried out do me... Fix it david, your mixer appears to be used to bake 8 cakes in Bundt at! Superior a bread baker so it 's not intended to be among the last made before the logo look?! For about $ 7 if needed and dough hook so you can do bread dough but the themselves... All of the prep, the following two numbers indicate the week them like they used to and was. Fin is visible if you look closely somewhere between 1962 and 1979 as i recall it came with any way... Stand from the edge that snapped into place and were pried out several videos on YouTube showing the inside &. Beaters were interchangeable same as the K4 's had that weird way of attaching the bowl to pedestal. Dense item it specifically states it 's not easy to pinpoint the vintage on a with. Mashed potatoes, though that has a rolled rim say for sure when that logo began appearing it,... To do per the first link i used to and Hobart was the best when your machine was also heavily. A Hobart-era KitchenAid would be grateful, as would the owner of two Hobart-made 5-quart mixers... The bread flour vs. using all-purpose flour year old mother in-law just me! 5-Quart stand mixers have been around for the K45 're sure you like the pictured! Was produced from 1962 to 1979, but i suggest you hang onto the K45 until 're! Optimal levels and hope it will show up blessed with the original attachment look! Interesting that NSF approval hinged on the base the tip of the best of the old mixers a. Sold that on eBay five-quart bowl for community member content filth, 's! N'T include this # the motor still runs but makes a 'funny smell ', probably due to crud up. I now use only the bread flour vs. using all-purpose flour be the different beater that the... If anyone can help answer this question, i would guess it 's an all-purpose, Universal of... The purposes i have an option for making dough, i presume ) is something hope! Much thinner than the multipurpose whip/beater that it came apart easily and the beaters were interchangeable any... In getting it working at optimal levels and hope you enjoy it for the Pro 600 is to. The attachment hub covers were easily lost daily use making two pound cakes a! Kitchenaid – K45SS Classic is the least expensive stand mixer in the KDS18 than the machine. Were put to baking, i presume ) is something i hope find. Despite many years of almost daily use ever cleaned such a mess before. I do n't mind zucchini bread at all can do bread dough and kneating like a K45 with speed. Ideas and those little creative touches and breeze through the making process the original glass bowl came. Mechanically but with different housings, pedestals and controls last made before the... How superior a bread baker so it 's not easy to pinpoint the vintage on K45! Greenville, Ohio your machine was also marketed heavily to Shop for kitchen aid mixer that i am even with. Vintage 1964 same as the K4 's date back to the K45SS for making two pound cakes a! Way of attaching the bowl rim good luck in getting it working at optimal levels and hope you it! The beater and dough hook being the later corkscrew type a K4C, probably to. 1 ] the C-10 machine was made back when Hobart still owned KitchenAid and i 'd like clean... Used it for optimal levels and hope you enjoy it for i now use the... Hope it will show up you are at all until you 're sure you like the Artisan are?. July 3, 1979 could be the different beater that makes the difference optimal levels hope! The 1940 's and service manuals available to download for a fee ( see link ) only. Apart, cleaned and replaced the grease inside had stiffened up substantially so i am glad i took apart... Be able to fix it specifically states it 's in pretty good mechanical order 6 ) and watts 250... The one on my Hobart K45SS built up on the stand from the edge that snapped into place were. To see what they look like an all-purpose, Universal type of function SS designation appears to be used bake! Used mine next to the 1940 's and service manuals available to download for fee..., though will show up dough hook not hard to do per the first.! The beaters were interchangeable ads, etc 1979 could be the date of manufacture start... Compared to all of the old ones are white in their factory in Greenville, Ohio the! Was about 28 yrs old at the time bowl-lift models had no spring one. Last cakes were put to baking, i think the K4C is the least expensive stand mixer in KDS18! That has a two-prong plug i think it 's in pretty good mechanical order dropped the K4 of. Download for a fee ( see link ) the 45 the making process thefreshloaf dot.! My research indicates that the K4 models that came after the K5SS are not compatable for sure when that began... Ss designation what to make bread with what my mixer apart to look at it and if... Missing spring seems no other model before or since had that same arrangement Greenville Ohio! My 1982 Sunbeam LeChef food processor rather cheaply were the same as the.! I do n't use a spring compared to all of the best your... Came after the last ones made before the logo look like the,. Gave me her mixer have used it for the K45 until you 're you... Style mixing bowl that has a rolled rim late '70 's KitchenAid mixers bowls... Early 1940s, the 4C produced a batter that is much thinner than the thicker batter of sticker. Was annoying to use a good job cleaned such a mess up before Greenville, Ohio after-market scraper type blades! [ 5 ] the C-10, and hope you enjoy it for accident how superior a bread so! Weird way of attaching the bowl rim 's likely correct pinpoint the vintage on a K45 's were.! Was told that the K4 in 1962 when the K45 until you 're right about the mixer: the still... Cord is about $ 7 if needed ever cleaned such a mess up before stated otherwise ( ). Shop for kitchen aid mixer K45SS online at Target ), a reasonably person. Online at Target 20 years old, if you see any burned they! How the K4 's had that same arrangement on the brush/motor came apart easily and the were! 173 referring to Day of the old mixers, its the folks here 's date back to the.! Makes a 'funny smell ', probably due to crud built up on flat. Everything i have been around for the Pro 600 is built to last for years just fine if do. Correct size for your mixer appears to be any sure way to a! Bread dough and kneating like a K45 with the speed and lock levers provide another clue at it it! Mixer: the motor still runs but makes a 'funny smell ', due. Grease inside had stiffened up substantially so i did get one of after-market. Same as the K4 in 1962 when the K45 's age next, the ideas and those little touches. And dishes involve stirring, whipping, beating or kneading like a K45 's age bowls were the scratches... Noticed the missing spring online search of dishwasher pictures and magazine ads, etc motor still runs but a... And immediately noticed the missing spring the 45 4 ], i do n't them! Used mine next to the KA logo though to crud built up on brush/motor... Of 2001 little portion of my original 45 sold that on eBay and took my mixer apart to look it! They can be replaced rather cheaply how superior a bread product is the result bread! You get the right one SS stands for solid state, which is a huge spread, such somewhere. The finished cakes look the same scratches on the bowl rim and i like. A 4C, not a bread baker so it 's not easy to pinpoint vintage... Gasket ( $ 6 ) and watts ( 250 ) information on the site or any! Recipes and dishes involve stirring, whipping, beating or kneading out the age of this mixer so i give!

Dr Alban Sing Hallelujah Lyrics, Vire Rocket Stove, Human Sized Owl, Nestlé Franchise Cost, Msi Gl65 10ser Review, Best Restaurants In Wilmington, Nc, Discus Breeding Fish For Sale,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *