how to tell if subs are out of phase

Level control — Most subs have independent volume controls. Here is a YouTube vid of them playing idk, if bit is the amp being delayed for some reason or if they are actually out of phase. You ideally want both to be in sync. Most subs have a two-position phase switch on the back. See the diagram below. Always select two well designed subwoofers (preferably the same) that are each in their own capable of filling your theater room with ample bass without bottoming out or running out of gas. Without doing extensive measurements to determine if there is a problem, typically you just experiment with the sub phase control until you get the best sounding, non-boomy bass. The option to set phase is only to eliminate the situation where the bass wave from the sub and the bass wave from the mains are cancelling each other out( peaks vs. valleys ). Note the 3 x service fuses at the top left of the board. You can't tell if they're at a constant frequency, but when they go from a still point into a note you can see which way they initially move. I have heard people wiring woofers out of phase with tweeters in order to fix an out of phase problem. If it is out of phase, then there will be a gaping null at the crossover point between your mains and your sub. If the phase is properly set, the sweep should be fairly smooth with no nulls. First, you will need to set all of your speakers so that they are facing the same direction. Are your subs dialled in correctly? How Do I Fix Out Of Phase Subs? I for one think correct phase reponse is above everything. Phase switch — If your sub still feels a little off, your subwoofer may be out of phase with your speakers. Try rew and check for phase issues between the fronts and the sub/subs. Single phase sites have only one of these. My subs only have the option of 0 or 180. You would be very hard pushed to tell if a speaker is out of phase just by the movement of the driver. Toggle it to the other setting and see if you get better bass. 2) Single Phase or Three Phase - Main Switch. When one woofer pushes out the other also does. Another way to identify three phase from single phase is the width of the main switch. A null would be caused by two sound waves 180 degrees out of phase colliding (and to varying degrees any two waves that are out phase with respect to each other). Deleted member 598831, Aug 25, 2017. To check your sub's phase, play music with lots of bass, listen for a minute or so, and have a friend sitting by the sub flip the sub's 0/180-degree phase switch slowly back and forth. I set the phase by ear. Im pretty sure there are out of phase and the polarization is messed up or whatever. This will allow you to judge the quality of the sound. Now the sub is out of phase, but the front speakers are not, so what do we get? It is something in between. A household with a 3 phase power supply & 3 phase smart meter. Now, you may end up with subwoofers that are out of phase with each other. This even happened to well known speaker designers. They move very fast. And the funny thing about it is that it was Sony's truck with 4 12s at the Spring Break Nationals. In-Phase Subwoofer Wiring When subwoofers are wired correctly (in-phase) all woofers in the system push out (into the vehicle) on the positive side of the music signal and pull back on the negative half of the music signal. Phase is not something that someone can simply tell you what the answer should be--you have to test and find out. The simplest thing I can tell you is to make sure all the positives of the subs are connected to the positive on the amp and the negatives to the negative on the amp. Setting the Phase. I personally have seen, IN PERSON, subs going out of phase. Mixing different subs will also reduce the success of canceling out room resonances since they will exhibit different amplitude and phase responses. Ok so believe I am having an issue with 2 of my subs being out of phase.

Kalamon Olive Tree For Sale, How To Make A Cold Smoker, Makita 9237cx3 Vs Dewalt Dwp849x, Best Shampoo For Curly Oily Hair, Mary Kay Reviews, Prs Se Custom 22 Semi Hollow Price, Cheetah Logo Brand, 30 Facts About Owls,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *