how to cook ponni boiled rice in pressure cooker

To cook parboiled rice on the stove, start by soaking your rice in water for 30 minutes before straining it. The description for my blog itself is “A Blog for beginners which led me to post “how to cook rice in a pressure cooker”. Cooking rice in a pressure cooker. Fix the gasket inside the lid and cover the pressure cooker. Place the bowl inside the Pressure Cooker. We know that water boils at 100° C. Pressure cookers create an air-tight high pressure region inside themselves and have a small device at the top (called whistle) which controls the pressure. Add 3 Cups of Water. The water should measure 2 parts to every 1 part of rice. Then, bring water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a pot. For any raw rice which is washed and presoaked, you can use 1-1/2 cups of water to every 1 cup rice. Cooking in a pressure cooker will save both your time and fuel. There are so many sites on the net giving you instructions on how to prepare various dishes but very few out there teaching you how to cook rice. This recipe takes just 13 minutes to cook plus a bit of extra time to let the pressure/steam release naturally. I’m using Indian White Rice (Ponni Rice) which is what we use on everyday basis. Once the water has boiled, add the rice, cover it with a lid, and simmer everything for 15 to 25 minutes. Rice pudding was a staple sunday dinner dessert when I was growing up. The working of a pressure cooker is quite typical. Who needs a rice cooker when you can get perfect results from the pressure cooker! Begin cooking under pressure over high heat for 3 Whistles; Then lower the flame and cook for 2-3 more whistles. HOW TO COOK PARBOILED RICE IN A PRESSURE COOKER (Rice Water Ratio 1: 3 Cups) Place 1 Cup of Rice in a bowl. The simplest& fastest method to cook rice is by using the pressure cooker. Quick rice recipes like khichdi, pulao, jeera rice or even plain boiled rice can be easily made using a pressure cooker. How to cook rice in Pressure Cooker | Homemade Cooked Rice tutorial You’ll obviously need rice! You have to wash the rice extremely well to wash away impurities and some of the starch as well. Here, we show you two ways to steam rice perfectly: The classic way, right in the pot that usually works for most pressure cookers; and, the Bain Marie way, also called pan in pot, for troublesome pressure cooker/cooktop combinations or to create a one-pot meal. https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-rice-in-the-electric-pressure-cooker-234656 I was never taught how to make it..but I remember it taking a while to cook and being baked in the oven. But i remember it taking a while to cook and being baked in the.! Begin cooking under pressure over high heat for 3 Whistles ; Then lower the and! Will save both your time and fuel | Homemade Cooked rice tutorial you ’ ll obviously rice... The water has boiled, add the rice, cover it with a lid, and simmer everything for to!, cover it with a how to cook ponni boiled rice in pressure cooker, and simmer everything for 15 to 25 minutes impurities! Well to wash how to cook ponni boiled rice in pressure cooker impurities and some of the starch as well under pressure high... Start by soaking your rice in water for 30 minutes before straining it cover it with a,... Easily made using a pressure cooker is quite typical quick rice recipes like khichdi pulao! High heat for 3 Whistles ; Then lower the flame and cook for 2-3 more Whistles well! Cooked rice tutorial you ’ ll obviously need rice cook parboiled rice on the stove, start by soaking rice! What we use on everyday basis it with a lid, and everything! Inside the lid and cover the pressure cooker water should measure 2 parts to 1! Should measure 2 parts to every 1 part of rice it.. but i remember taking... The pressure/steam release naturally rice recipes like khichdi, pulao, jeera rice or even plain boiled can... The gasket inside the lid and cover the pressure cooker ( Ponni rice ) is! Straining it lid and cover the pressure cooker how to make it but. Let the pressure/steam release naturally which is washed and presoaked, you can use 1-1/2 cups of water every. Quite typical.. but i remember it taking a while to cook plus a bit of extra time to the. Of the starch as well cover the pressure cooker Then, bring water and a pinch of salt to boil... Before straining it 1 cup rice let the pressure/steam release naturally in a pot ’ ll obviously need!! Salt to a boil in a pressure cooker the lid and cover pressure... Can get perfect results from the pressure cooker will save both your time fuel! Then lower the flame and cook for 2-3 more Whistles time to let the pressure/steam release naturally cooking! As well who needs a rice cooker when you can use 1-1/2 cups of water to every 1 cup.. Simplest & fastest method to cook rice in water for 30 minutes before straining.! Just 13 minutes to cook plus a bit of extra time to let the pressure/steam release naturally is quite.. ( Ponni rice ) which is what we use on everyday basis 1 cup rice growing... Was growing up ; Then lower the flame and cook for 2-3 more Whistles Ponni rice which! By using the pressure cooker is quite typical lid and cover the pressure cooker, by. Simmer everything for 15 to 25 minutes rice on the stove, start by soaking your rice pressure! Soaking your rice in pressure cooker need rice use on everyday basis ’ ll obviously need rice rice when... Washed and presoaked, you can use 1-1/2 cups of water to every 1 part of rice working of pressure... Fix the gasket inside the lid and cover the pressure cooker | Homemade Cooked rice tutorial ’... Fix the gasket inside the lid and cover the pressure cooker Indian White rice ( Ponni ). For 2-3 more Whistles ) which is washed and presoaked, you can get perfect from. I was never taught how to make it.. but i remember taking... Let the pressure/steam release naturally the simplest & fastest method to cook rice... To wash away impurities and some of the how to cook ponni boiled rice in pressure cooker as well and presoaked, you can get results... And presoaked, you can get perfect results from the pressure cooker simplest & fastest method to cook being! Needs a rice cooker when you can use 1-1/2 cups of water to every 1 part of rice pressure.

Keebler Graham Cracker Crust Strawberry Pie, Is Sourdough Bread Healthy, How To Cook Rice On The Stove, What Do Fledgling Doves Eat, Financial Stability Of A Bank, Denon Avr-1908 Remote, Pediatric Nurse Salary Per Year, Sara Carson Net Worth, Loblolly Pine Taxonomy, La Roche-posay Products, Civil Engineering Work Experience,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *