homemade salt and lime tortilla chips

My hubs is OBSESSED with tortilla chips and I am loving that lime goodness! Good luck with preschool!!! Mahi-Mahi Fish Tacos with Mango and Avocado Salsa, Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin with Mushroom Gravy, {Video} How to Make Spaghetti with KitchenAid. To help ease our way into a new routine, I decided to create a healthier tortilla chip recipe for my boys to dip into their favorite snack of all time: Sabra hummus. Your email address will not be published. Carefully place one of the four stacks of corn tortillas into the deep fryer; separating them as you place them in the deep fryer. Spread tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheets, lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray … Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown but not burnt. All … Drizzle olive oil and salt over tortilla triangles and mix well so all tortillas are evenly coated in oil and salt. In fact, our kids don’t return to school until after Labor Day! A simple brush of olive oil and about 20 minutes in a hot oven is all you need for perfectly browned, crunchy and crispy tortilla chips. If you’ve never tried baking your own tortilla chips, I urge you to give it a try. In a small mixing bowl, combine the lime juice and salt. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Lime tortilla chips are my spirit animal! Learn how your comment data is processed. Your email address will not be published. These lime scented baked corn tortilla chips are light and crunchy, the ultimate healthy snack recipe! Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The Lemon Bowl® is a registered trademark of Liz Della Croce LLC. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with foil. We hold on to summer vacation with all our might here in Michigan. Required fields are marked *. Homemade tortilla chips baked in the oven with just a little olive oil and salt cook up to crispy perfection! In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lime juice. Your email address will not be published. Liz is the founder and creator of The Lemon Bowl. All Rights Reserved. Of course, as much as I pretend September is still light years away, I know it’s right around the corner. Grand Rapids Travel Guide: What to Eat & How to Burn it Off ». Oven Baked Boston Baked Beans (With Video). I love that these are made with corn tortillas! With an emphasis on healthy eating and living, Liz’s recipes and food photography have been featured in various publications including the cover of Women’s World magazine, Good Housekeeping, Shape, Real Simple, Cosmopolitan, Food Network Blog, Huffington Post, TODAY Food, Foodgawker, and The Cooking Channel. Sprinkle chips with lime zest and lime juice before serving with hummus or dip of choice. Note: I use my hands for these, to coat each one. These lime and sea salt baked tortilla chips are super crunchy which makes them ideal for scooping up creamy hummus. lace the cut wedges into a small mixing bowl, and mix together the olive oil (use enough), lime juice and salt. Packed with 4 grams of plant-based protein and 3 grams of fiber, I am a huge fan of the portable single serve containers that I can toss into their lunch bags on our way out the door. Disclosure: I am honored to be a Sabra Tastemaker. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Using a pizza slicer, cut tortillas into 8 triangles by cutting in quarters then eighths; place in a bowl. One at a time, dip the chips into the mixture and arrange on a cooling rack set inside a sheet pan. (Also, my littlest is starting preschool and I’m a JUMBLE of emotions!). Immediately sprinkle with salt/lime mixture. Repeat the 2 steps above until all of your chips are cooked, and enjoy. Pass the plate! Divide tortillas evenly between both baking sheets and spread out so that they are in an even layer. I canNOT resist lime chips!!! Published: Aug 21, 2017 by Liz DellaCroce. These are perfect for dipping. While deep fryer is preheating stack the 12 corn tortillas and using a sharp knife cut in half vertically … As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Brush oil mixture over both sides of each tortilla using a pastry brush. Yes exactly!!! Chips can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 7 days. Drop a few handfuls of chips in at a time and … Brush each side of the tortilla with a generous amount of lime juice mixture and sprinkle desired … It’s pretty fantastic. Remove corn tortilla chips from deep fryer and lay in a single layer on a paper towel lined tray so that the oil can drain from the chips. I love the Sabra hummus but haven’t found the Sabra guacamole yet! Bake for 18-25 minutes or until browned. I can pick a brand that I know is safely gluten-free to make these. so you coat each and every wedge) I added an optional dash of salt. Check out my Pinterest board for more healthy snack recipes! Ingredients 12 corn tortillas 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon salt 1 lime zest and juice of In a small bowl add 2 tablespoons of salt and the zest of 1 lime; mix well and set to the side. Allow to dry for 1 hour or until there are no visible signs of moisture on the chips. Heat oil in a deep fryer or Dutch oven to 350 degrees. Perfection with the guac and hummus! I love that you baked these bad boys so I can have a few more without the guilt and of course with LOADS of Sabra hummus on them! As I put it on the ungreased air fryer tray (If you have a basket, just put them in the uncoated basket) Design by Grace + Vine Studios, {Salt & Lime} Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips. Squeeze a little fresh lime juice when they come out for a boost of flavor, and serve with your favorite salsa, dip, or use them to make nachos. You can make a big batch on the weekend and they will last up to 7 days in an air-tight container. Even if you aren’t heading off to school, it’s always nice to let someone else do the portion control for you. This is a very special back-to-school for our family as our youngest is entering preschool for the first time and our oldest is off to Kindergarten! Pre-heat a deep fryer with vegetable oil until deep fryer indicates its hot. Better yet? While deep fryer is preheating stack the 12 corn tortillas and using a sharp knife cut in half vertically and then half in diagonally giving you 4 quarters to your circle. I’m going to look for it this week.

Santa Rosa Sound Map, Powershell Query Recycle Bin, Gaining Strength But Not Size Reddit, Yannis Tsarouchis Biography, Kbs Drama Special 2018 List,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *