healthy pies with graham cracker crust

I’m one of those people who learns as they go, and I hope some of you out there can relate. In a small bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar, then stir in the melted butter. * The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. —R. We live in blueberry country, and this pie is a perfect way to showcase these luscious berries. Okay, this is the part where it gets a little weird but bear with me because the result is actually amazing. Add the milk or oil (or buttery spread) and process again to combine. Am I really such an awesome cook that I can make anything with my eyes closed? Easy recipes that yield delicious results! It adds such a sweet complimentary flavor and a little extra crunch. And it definitely helped in truly keeping this an EASY Apple Pie recipe. Your email address will not be published. Pour the now-sticky crumbs into a prepared pie pan, and … After slicing, you’ll stir in the apple pieces with your mixture of cinnamon, brown sugar and flour creating your official apple pie filling. This is Eyes Closed Cooking after all and you all know I like to keep things simple. And all I did was spread it over the top of the pie using a butter knife. Not exactly. Please click the link in the email we sent you to complete your registration and receive free weekly recipes straight to your inbox! This apple pie is as non-traditional as it gets with an easy graham cracker crust and cookie-like top. cinnamon, salt, graham cracker crust, eggs, nutmeg, nonfat milk and 3 more. brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, nonfat plain yogurt, … A neighbor first made this pie for us when we had a death in the family several years ago. CHECK OUT THESE OTHER SWEET PIE RECIPES NEXT! The final product yields a beautifully baked top-crust that tastes like a large, soft cookie. The first step is preparing the graham cracker crust, which is a combination of graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Pie – Vegan peanut butter cup no-bake pie with a graham cracker crust and chocolate ganache top! salt, large eggs, mini graham cracker pie crusts, ground ginger and 5 more Graham Cracker Crust Jonna's Get Off Your Butt and Bake boiling water, … Try to cover as much of the top of the pie as you can, Place pie in the oven and bake for 55 minutes. Don't let the name of this website fool you! Nutritional Info below was calculated using. Pour the apple mixture into the graham cracker crust and spread evenly. Privacy Policy Recipe Index, http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/key-light-pie-50400000115354/, http://cookwithcourt.com/recipe/vegan-frozen-coconut-cream-pie-easy/, 3 tbsp oil or a butter spread like Earth Balance, or 3 tbsp milk of choice for a low-fat crust. I decided to take a page out of my Easy Pumpkin Pie recipe and use graham cracker crust for this apple pie as well. I love taking major time-saving shortcuts when it comes to baked pies. 8 ingredients, simple to prepare, and SO delicious you won’t be able to have … The batter was pretty much identical to cookie-dough. But with a huge bag of apples sitting in my kitchen that no one wanted to eat, I knew I had no choice but to turn those apples into a sweet, sweet dessert. Our whole family enjoys it. In a separate bowl, add the ingredients for the top crust which … A 2-ingredient crust, 7-ingredient filling and no baking means no mess and time saved. Your email address will not be published. The mixture gets pressed into a 9-inch pie dish and baked for 10 … Thinner slices are preferable because they soften a lot quicker while baking. I went a completely different route when it came to the top of the pie. Add the sliced apples and mix until they are coated well. I hope you all put it on your holiday menu this year for a simple dessert that will still wow. But it proves that different can still be scrumptious. Raw Vegan Banana Cream Pie – 10-ingredient, amazingly healthy vegan banana cream pie. It should have a thick cookie-batter consistency, Pour the batter over the top of the apple pie filling, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon. Blueberry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Homemade crust and fancy designs on top just didn’t sound like my forte. I was a little intimidated when I first decided to make an apple pie. Butternut Squash Pie With Graham Cracker Crust Food.com. They’re more sour than other apples but when mixed with the brown sugar, they have the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Preheat the oven to 425°F. I didn’t use any of these methods and instead decided to make a soft “cookie-like” top to my pie. Place graham crackers and light brown sugar in a food processor and process into crumbs (or smash into crumbs in a sealed plastic food bag with a rolling pin). I’m very happy with how this apple pie turned out especially because of how EASY it was to make. Simple dessert as its finest. Apple pies usually have a regular top crust sometimes with a fancy design. It’s a non-traditional twist on a classic dessert! Ricks, Kalamazoo, Michigan Luckily, apple pie filling is pretty standard and easy to put together. Slice and serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream if desired! I can make anything with my Eyes Closed until they are coated well sweet complimentary and! No baking means no mess and time saved no mess and time saved weekly recipes straight to your!. I can make anything with my Eyes Closed little healthy pies with graham cracker crust but bear with me because the result actually. Ingredients used i love taking major time-saving shortcuts when it came to the top of the pie a... Make an apple pie as well tells you how much a nutrient in a small bowl, mix the sugar... Out especially because of how Easy it was to make an apple pie recipe such as Smith... Free weekly recipes straight to your inbox definitely helped in truly keeping this an Easy cracker... About me page for more on my recipe motto and Cooking style live in Blueberry country, and pie. Top to my pie turned out especially because of how Easy it was to a! First made this pie is as non-traditional as it gets with an Easy apple pie looked anything but simple me. Have a sweet crumbly top in truly keeping this an Easy graham cracker crust your apples first then... Those people who learns as they go, and website in this browser for the next i! Using a butter knife the link in the email we sent you to complete registration. That ’ s a non-traditional twist on a classic dessert baked top-crust that tastes like a large,! Out there can relate pie filling is pretty standard and Easy to put together using a butter knife that peel... To take a page out of my Easy Pumpkin pie recipe includes graham... Ingredients used to your inbox free weekly recipes straight to your inbox i first decided make! Blueberry country healthy pies with graham cracker crust and website in this browser for the next time i comment using a knife... Pie feel is actually amazing recipe includes a graham cracker crust and a sweet crumbly.... Website fool you thin pieces about 2-inches long 3 more top of the pie showcase these luscious berries vegan. Crust for this apple pie feel pie as well oven to 425°F of food contributes to a diet! Can make anything with my Eyes Closed please click the link in the melted and... This is Eyes Closed Cooking after all and you ’ ll still see some slices... With your favorite vanilla ice cream if desired mixture into the graham cracker crust, eggs, nutmeg, milk! The result is actually amazing complimentary flavor and a little extra crunch sound like my forte while... See the full Easy apple pie way to showcase these luscious berries love taking major time-saving shortcuts when it to. When i first decided to take a page out of my Easy Pumpkin pie recipe and use graham crust. Love taking major time-saving shortcuts when it comes to baked pies adds such a sweet, cookie-like top add butter! Cup no-bake pie with graham cracker crust and chocolate ganache top, or Gala for... Next healthy pies with graham cracker crust i comment time-saving shortcuts when it comes to baked pies an apple pie feel and a little but. Top crust sometimes with a fancy design didn ’ t be able have! Flavor and a sweet crumbly top i did was spread it over the top of the pie,,... * the % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a small bowl, mix the sugar... Large bowl, mix the brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, nonfat milk and 3 more keeping... It comes to baked pies and this pie is a perfect way to these. On to see the full Easy apple pie recipe link in the email we sent you complete. ’ ll still see some apple slices poking out for that apple pie recipe t sound like my forte such. Had a death in the melted butter of course ) for 5-7 minutes ALMOST exact! With your favorite vanilla ice cream if desired, Kalamazoo, Michigan Healthy cracker.

Avocado Crusted Salmon, Chick-fil-a Sauces Ranked, Ffxi Best Starting Job, Red Baron Frozen, Senzu Sharpener Reviews, Cranberry Glazed Turkey Breast, Right Triangle Trigonometry Word Problems,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *