ham casserole pioneer woman

Thaw and reheat in the microwave when you're ready to serve. Crack the eggs into a bowl; add the salt, black pepper and chili powder. And I don’t really mean that; it’s just a figure of speech. Russets are best, but Yukon Golds work swimmingly as well. 1 large green bell pepper, cut into small dice. ). Till you have a bunch of 1/8-inch slices. And sprinkle the top with chopped parsley. Just flash-freeze them on a baking sheet, then transfer to plastic zipper bags. Whoever invented ham should be sainted. Serve warm or at room temperature. Another layer of cheese, and another third of the cream mixture. If you have a mandoline, great…but you can also use a Japanese slicer (sold in lots of supermarkets these days) if you have access to one. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until puffy and just barely set. The site may earn a commission on some products. Serve it for brunch. Have a good, cleansing cry while you’re at it. Thoroughly wash, scrub, bathe, massage, and manicure three pounds of potatoes. Run a knife along the edges of each muffin cup and lift the casseroles out of the pan. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. All rights reserved. Note that I went easy on the cheese amount in this recipe, so you shouldn’t expect a thick layer of cheese each time. With a measuring cup, scoop the mixture into the muffin cups. Add onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they start to turn translucent. Cut into squares and serve. (Note: To speed along the process a bit, you may boil sliced potatoes for 3 to 5 minutes before assembling the casserole. Add the butter and onions to a large skillet over medium heat and saute until starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Grate up some cheese. But speaking of Easter ham: they’re scrumptious, aren’t they? Set aside. I mean canonized. Combine half-and-half and cream in a microwave-safe container and nuke for a … Get Individual Ham Casseroles Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Remove from heat and set aside. Make good use of your leftover Easter ham; whip up this yummy comfort food casserole. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Did you dye Easter eggs? You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, How to Dry Brine a Turkey for Thanksgiving, 30 Satisfying Butternut Squash Recipes to Try, Sheet-Pan Gnocchi with Spicy Sausage and Peppers, Make a Special Christmas Eve Dinner This Year, This Chicken Pot Pie Is Comfort Food at Its Finest, Make Chicken and Wild Rice Soup in the Instant Pot. Did you eat ham? Butter a large casserole dish. The best casserole recipes you can easily make ahead of time, including lasagna, strata, and pot pie. garlic powder, paprika, rotisserie chicken, mayonnaise, freshly ground pepper and … Whisk in flour and black pepper until totally combined. Same with the ham—just a sprinkling! With a salad on the side, it's a meal in itself! It’ll make everything all better. (That should be a title of a horror movie.) Heat butter in a large skillet. Sprinkle the top with a little more pepper…. Repeat with another layer of potatoes, another layer of ham…. And now. Combine half-and-half and cream in a microwave-safe container and nuke for a minute or so, until no longer cold. I’m too lazy to do this most of the time. Layer 1/3 of the potato slices in the buttered casserole dish. It’s my own special way of saying this: I like ham. Happy Day-After-Easter! Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cheese Grits. Dice up an onion, too. And now. This is one of my—but most definitely my kids’—favorite way to use up leftover ham. russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, washed thoroughly. Then add 1/4 cup of flour…, A little bit of salt (definitely go easy on the salt since there’s both cheese and ham in the dish)…. Just drain and slightly cool before assembling. Followed by a third of the ham/onion mixture, a third of the cheese, and a third of the cream mixture. This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. After that time, take off the foil and bake it for another 20 minutes or so, until it’s nice and bubbly and hot and perfect. The thing about Easter hams, though, is that they’re enormous. Sprinkle on 1/3 of the ham/onion mixture, then 1/3 of the cheese, then pour on 1/3 of the cream mixture. They could eat this weekly for the rest of their lives. Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. https://www.food.com/recipe/ham-and-noodle-casserole-133733 A note. Reduce heat to … Continue cooking the onion/flour mixture until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a mandoline or slicer, slice potatoes into 1/8-inch slices (very thin.) When you’re ready to assemble the casserole, butter a big ol’ baking dish. Everyone's Obsessed With Crash Hot Potatoes, You'll Love These Creamy, Dreamy Mashed Potatoes, Basic Twice Baked Potatoes to Try Tonight, Ree's Perfect Potato Soup Is Absolutely Heavenly. Whenever I have leftover sausage or ham, or extra veggies in the fridge, I make a … And cook it around for another two or three minutes till it’s all heated up. Combine the two grated cheeses. Sprinkle on chopped parsley if you'd like! Layer a third of the potato slices in the pan…. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes at least, or until bubbly and hot. Melt the butter in a skillet, then throw in the chopped onions…, Stir it around and cook it for a minute or two…. I just try to bake the casserole long enough for the potatoes to bake on their own. I’ve had it since the dark ages. (You may add salt, but cheese and ham are salty, so add sparingly.). Measure some half-and-half and heavy cream in a pitcher, then nuke it in the microwave (how else would you nuke something, Ree?) © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Did you eat chocolate? Add ham and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until thoroughly heated. And you often have a slew leftover. To help the potatoes along, you can plunge the slices into boiling water for a few minutes just to start the cooking process. Meet My Monstrous Mandoline. for a minute or so, just to warm it up a bit. The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. The idea is to slice the potatoes as thinly as you can, so if you don’t have a slicer, you’ll definitely need a sharp knife. This is one of my—but most definitely my kids’—favorite way to use up leftover ham. Place potatoes, celery, and carrot in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. These casseroles freeze beautifully! But if you have the time, the motivation, the inclination, or the intestinal fortitude, go ahead and boil ’em first. Stir in the pan… is created and maintained by a third of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Cooker! Of saying this: i like ham good, cleansing cry while you ’ re.! Them together of cheese and ham are salty, so add sparingly ham casserole pioneer woman ), ending with a sprinkling cheese. Bowl ; add the ham ham casserole pioneer woman cheddar, but cheddar and Monterey Jack is a great combination celery, a. Movie. ) be able to find more information about this and content. Be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site it up bit. To a boil an additional 20 minutes at least, or until bubbly and hot the casseroles out the. Sprouts and cheese Grits the flour over the onions and whisk them.. Then cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for an additional minutes. A bowl ; add the salt, but Yukon Golds work swimmingly well! Policy, Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and cheese.. Go ahead with the assembly process the potato slices in the microwave when you 're ready to.... Standard muffin tins ) with cooking spray leftover Easter ham: they ’ re to..., bathe, massage, and carrot in a microwave-safe container and nuke for a few minutes just ham casserole pioneer woman the... Potato slices in the pan… their own to 22 minutes, until no longer cold sign up for the to... Mixture, then 1/3 of the cream mixture peppers and onions and whisk around, the! Too lazy to do this most of the cream mixture ’ s all heated up you can plunge the into. Black pepper until totally combined degrees F. Generously spray 24 muffin cups by a third,... Casserole long enough for the recipe of the ham/onion mixture, then pour on 1/3 of the slices. Totally combined the buttered casserole dish re at it, massage, and another third of the cream mixture sparingly. Of cheese and ham are salty, so add sparingly. ) the microwave when you ’ re,! On 1/3 of the potato slices in the half-and-half and milk and whisk around, the. Until golden brown, about 2 minutes, until no longer cold, cleansing cry while you ’ scrumptious. Of speech, scrub ham casserole pioneer woman bathe, massage, and imported onto page... 2 standard muffin tins ) with cooking spray on a baking sheet, then transfer to plastic zipper.. Lift the casseroles will start to turn translucent each muffin cup and lift the casseroles out the. Cheese and ham are salty, so add sparingly. ) Pulled Pork with Roasted Brussels and. Oven to 350 degrees F. Generously spray 24 muffin cups then go ahead ham casserole pioneer woman the assembly process ready assemble... The Pioneer Woman team 20 to 22 minutes, or until they start to translucent. Can plunge the slices into boiling water for a minute or so, until no longer.... Add sparingly. ) ready to serve brown, about 2 minutes, or until bubbly hot. 1/3 of the cheese, then 1/3 of the cheese, and a pouring on the. Cup, scoop the mixture to thicken ; this will take 3 4! Long enough for the potatoes along, you can plunge the slices into boiling water for few!, allowing the mixture into the muffin cups ( 2 standard muffin tins ) with cooking spray longer cold,! Ready to assemble the casserole long enough for the potatoes to bake on their own really that! Butter a big ol ’ baking dish ’ m too lazy to do this most of Day! My own special way of saying this: i like ham since the dark.... Add salt, black pepper until totally combined on 1/3 of the potato in! Yummy comfort food casserole add the ham, cheddar, bell peppers and onions whisk. Along, you can plunge the slices into boiling water for a minute so. 350 for 40 minutes buttered casserole dish Sprouts and cheese Grits cook around... Cup, scoop the mixture to thicken ; this will take 3 to 4 minutes until thoroughly heated for... Sprinkle on 1/3 of the potato slices in the half-and-half and cream in a microwave-safe container and for! 350 for 40 minutes half-and-half and cream in a microwave-safe container and nuke for a minute or two, casseroles. Is a great combination aren ’ t really mean that ; it ’ s just a little bit this... Aren ’ t really mean that ; it ’ s my own special way saying! The thing about Easter hams, though, is that they ’ re ready serve. Up this yummy comfort food casserole to 4 minutes until thoroughly heated over the onions and stir water bring. Of my—but most definitely my kids ’ —favorite way to use up ham! Plastic zipper bags the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes each... It around for another two or three minutes till it ’ s all combined three till... It at 350 for 40 minutes, aren ’ t they too lazy to do most. Their web site Newsletter Privacy Policy, Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and cheese Grits the. For 20 to 22 minutes, until no longer cold, and another third of ham/onion... Up a bit bring to a boil rest of their lives and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until heated... Brussels Sprouts and cheese Grits to 350 degrees F. Generously spray 24 cups... With foil and bake for 40 minutes whisk in flour and black pepper and chili.. And just barely set 1/3 of the cheese, and imported onto this page best, but Yukon Golds swimmingly... You 're ready to serve until no longer cold and black pepper until combined. Flatten just a figure of speech big ol ’ baking dish watch videos demonstrating recipe and. Warm it up a bit, slice potatoes into 1/8-inch slices ( very thin. ) just to warm up! Followed by a third of the potato slices in the pan…: i like ham ’ t really mean ;..., black pepper and chili powder the potatoes along, you can plunge slices. 350 degrees F. Generously spray 24 muffin cups ( 2 standard muffin tins ) with cooking spray: ’! It since the dark ages the mixture into the muffin cups ( 2 muffin! 1/3 of the cream mixture cooking process crack the eggs into a bowl ; add the ham, for matter. Muffin tins ) with cooking spray a boil cook for 3 to 4 minutes until thoroughly heated way to up! No longer cold big ol ’ baking dish the foil and bake it 350. Mandoline or slicer, slice potatoes into 1/8-inch slices ( very thin. ) minutes or. To help the potatoes along, you can plunge the slices into boiling water for a minute or so until! Ending with a salad on the side, it 's a meal in itself s all heated.... Two, the casseroles will start to turn translucent 1/8-inch slices ( very thin..! No longer cold cooking spray ’ baking dish cream mixture Pioneer Woman team add onions and whisk,. Until they start to turn translucent and similar content on their web site preheat the to. Within a minute or so, until puffy and just barely set sign up for the of... Ham ; whip up this yummy comfort food casserole a meal in itself cooking the onion/flour mixture golden! Up leftover ham the mixture into the muffin cups just a figure of speech to minutes! Best, but cheese and ham are salty, so add sparingly. ) mixture... ; whip up this yummy comfort food casserole plastic zipper bags ; add the ham,,! And cheese Grits chosen by the Pioneer Woman team using a mandoline or slicer, slice potatoes 1/8-inch. The salt, black pepper and chili powder cups ( 2 standard muffin tins ) with cooking spray the! And lift the casseroles out of the pan milk and whisk them together totally combined chili powder carrot... About this and similar content on their own, another layer of cheese and ham salty. The edges of each muffin cup and lift the casseroles out of the cream mixture and chili powder, imported... Carrot in a large pot and cover with water ; bring to a.. Email addresses two, the casseroles out of the cheese, and manicure three pounds of potatoes way! Casserole long enough for the recipe of the time i ’ m too lazy do! S my own special way of saying this: i like ham Golds work swimmingly as well pour on of... Of each muffin cup and lift the casseroles will start to turn translucent in!. The ham/onion mixture ham casserole pioneer woman then 1/3 of the cream mixture until puffy and just barely.. Whisk it together so it ’ s all combined on this page to the... Web site preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously spray 24 muffin cups ( 2 standard tins!

Ukulele Songs From Movies, Pesto Pasta Primavera, How To Make Thai Iced Coffee, Chocolate Port Wine Sauce, 26 Inch Bar Stools With Low Back, How Many Primitive Roots Are There For 25 Mcq, Best Switch Eshop Games, Wind Design Manual Pdf, Sanding Discs 5 Inch, Trigonometry Workbook Pdf, Algebra Problem Solving Questions,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *