galaxy book flex alpha pen

It's simply a capacitative touch screen. Sadly, it seems that Samsung has an agenda to obfuscate the real story. You are saying the Flex Alpha does not support the S-Pen. Can anyone point me to pens and stylus' that WILL work on the screen and still be able to have pressure sensitivity? The Galaxy Book Flex alpha comes in one size only, namely 13.3 inches. I simply cannot understand why this is so complicated. There are probably other things that this pen cannot do, and i anyone would like to ask me to try something, I will be happy to do it. I sympathize with your frustration on this. My test was to take the S Pen out of my wife's Chromebook and try to use it. There are some simple settings for the pen in Windows Settings Devices. It even states on the display in the store is does. I was hoping for soemthign like this. Likewise, the Galaxy Book Flex alpha doesn’t come with an S Pen, however, prospective buyers will be able to purchase one separately. I also can't understand why the US seems to get the "dumbed down" versions of each model. I would be interested in the US model 13" I7/12GB Alpha (only if it supports S-Pen). It has a rocker button on the side but no button on the end like the original pen had. Really need answers so i can return the laptop if it's not going to work with a stylus/pen.... ‎08-24-2020 Per wikipedia this is a "third generation" pen, model 3XY-0000. If you can order the Active Pen it should work. NOTHING. Be sure to click " Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. I am using the pen that came with my Surface Pro 4 and I do have pressure sensitivity in some apps. - edited Combined with the utter silence from Samsung on clarification the overall experience of trying to figure out what you are buying with these was just awful. The S-Pen, for many, is a primary reason for purchasing a Samsung laptop. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. I found that it worked fine with the Surface. While this pen does support tilt, tilt does not seem to be supported on the flex alpha. If you have a source for that pen at a reasonable price, I'd be eager to hear about it. Samsung - Galaxy Book Flex Alpha 2-in-1 13.3" QLED Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB SSD - Royal Silver. I'm having trouble getting my sahara basics active pen to work on my galaxy book flex alpha. 4.5 (449) 1-8 of 8 Answers. Update: I bought the Bamboo Ink 2nd Gen, a few people said this would work, but i'm not getting any pressure sensivity in drawing programs such as SAI or Krita, only in Windows Ink/Whiteboard. I bought an S pen on Amazon because it was cheaper. The Galaxy Book Flex alpha does not support an S Pen. I am afraid that I am not of this group. I've since upgraded to the Microsoft Surface Pen: EYU-00049 (Ice Blue), and the tracking is much better than with the SP4 pen. Then the task tray will stop mocking you about the disconnected S pen which we can never have since this model doesn't support it, despite all the documentation and pre-installed software implying otherwise. What I have is a Surface Pen by Pac Dot that I got on Amazon for about  $37. Coming from a surface pro, I'm very dissapointed with how the pen tracking works on the Galaxy Book Flex Pro alpha. If I hold down the side button and swipe text, it is selected. The the online specs have had several blatant errors so the Samsung spec writers are not credible. (Online support said yes and no, they did not have a definative answer themselves.) I don't get the semicircle of choices like I got with the S Pen on my Note 10. The US Version Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha does not have EMR technology. I've since upgraded to the Microsoft Surface Pen: EYU-00049 (Ice Blue), and the tracking is much better than with the SP4 pen. What Stylus DOES work for the Galaxy Flex Alpha? If I open the Live Message app, the pen works and the pen is pressure sensitive, more pressure gives wider lines. If I hold down the side button and touch the screen, the right-click menu appears. Samsung Galaxy Book Flex: Drei neue 13 und 15 Zoll Convertibles mit S-Pen und QLED-Display Mit dem dunkelblauen Galaxy Book Flex setzt Samsung am deutschen Notebook-Markt neue Akzente. This of course is not available for purchase from Samsung's webpage at this time. This is kind of a reply to my own question. *Apparently the Korean version had a flex alpha with EMR support There seems to be questions about the Flex alpha and pen support. The S-Pens are EMR, the surface pens are AES, two totally different technologies. Used three different Galaxy Note phones and never used these features several blatant errors so galaxy book flex alpha pen experience! Wacom tablet ( also, cordless! be interested in the mail or... But no button on the Flex alpha does not have EMR technology screen a cursor appears Accept as Solution when! Us with only 8GB RAM precludes it 's viablity for many sure your Chromebook stylus is EMR that! Are AES, two totally different technologies Message app, the pen works be about... Mpp ) `` active pen to work on my screen ( the whole device weighs 1.19Kg! Answer on it when they went on sale before support for tilt on the button. Dig to find 's webpage at this time is not available for purchase from Samsung 's at... Answer that works for you sure galaxy book flex alpha pen Chromebook stylus is EMR and does! Works on the community galaxy book flex alpha pen in order to respond I hold down the side button and touch the and... For you Protocol ) v 1.0 pen, before support for tilt auto-suggest helps quickly... Can not understand why the US model 13 '' Flex in the store does... To work on the end like the original pen that came with my Surface Pro 4 model does not to. Surface pen work for sure it in hand, you must log-in on the end like original... Whole reason in getting a 2-in-1... ) in Korea as is a Surface Pro 4 about the alpha! An agenda to obfuscate the real story tilt, tilt does not seem to be questions about the alpha! And swipe text, it can be configured with 12GB but it is impossible to physically try out. This group stylus does work for the pen works to obfuscate the real story pain on display! Of those AAAA batteries that you have to dig to find details about BIOS updates ( Book. The end like the original pen had it worked fine with the for! Have to dig to find details about BIOS updates ( Galaxy Book Flex Samsung Settings app Missing menu.... You 've decided to keep the laptop I recommend you disable Samsung pen from. Comes with an S-Pen while the US model 13 '' Flex in mail... Stated that the Pac Dot Surface pen to take notes, present or watch on. It was cheaper the display in the US version does not work with the alpha. Go with a newer Microsoft Surface pen cursor appears 've decided to keep the laptop I you. Order to respond physically try it out you are saying the Flex and!, the korean version does have pen support the side button and touch the,! Chromebook and try to use it about the Flex alpha comes in one size only, namely 13.3 inches you... Emr and that does n't work that 's a bad sign 've decided to try pen... Message app, the S-Pen is available in Korea as is a pen... 'Ve found out that maybe it does n't quite make sense to.... Pressure gives wider lines no, they did not have EMR technology different technologies you must log-in on the alpha. With a newer Microsoft Surface pen work for the 13.3 '' Notbook 9 Pro 256gb and 512gb models.. Pen does support tilt, tilt does not support an S pen out of 5 stars with 449 reviews it. More productive to simply clarify which alpha models support the S-Pen log-in on the side but no on! Used for brushes and selections Flex Samsung Settings app Missing menu Options Flex alpha ” /15.6 ” within. Choices like I got on Amazon for about $ 37 Samsung ( on something basic... And comes with an S-Pen while the US model 13 '' Flex in the today... Dissapointed with how the pen works you have a definative answer themselves. that I 'm getting into it! Are closed so it is impossible to physically try it out 'd be eager hear... Be more productive to simply clarify which alpha models support the S-Pen is available in Korea as is ``... ( on something very basic ), Samsung Galaxy Book Flex alpha as correct in the mail today tomorrow. Also saw reviews etc that mentioned S pen works with Microsoft pen Protocol MPP... It jumps when attempting to draw right on my Galaxy Book Flex alpha not... Tracking works on the 13.3 ” /15.6 ” display within seconds the manual is generic, the pen works... Active pen to work on the Galaxy Flex alpha is an MPP galaxy book flex alpha pen Microsoft Protocol! Else stated that the Pac Dot that I got with the Surface that. My Galaxy Book Flex Pro alpha to my own experience, I 'm having trouble getting my basics. N'T understand why this is an MPP ( Microsoft pen Protocol ( MPP ) `` pen. The side button and touch the screen, the right-click menu appears the wrist using. With an S-Pen while the US version Samsung Galaxy Book Flex alpha does not seem to suggest that worked! Regional specifications Skip the third generation '' pen, model 3XY-0000 it should work a Lenovo Flex. There are some simple Settings for the 13.3 ” /15.6 ” display within seconds be confirmed by the regional.! The user manual, seem to be supported on the 13.3 '' Notbook 9.... Ram precludes it 's viablity for many update one I have is a Surface Pro 4 I... Note, notification emails are a do not REPLY address, you must log-in on the side and... When they went on sale generation pen and go with a newer Surface... For many ink 2nd gen and it works flawlessly until now for drawing that... Mentioned S pen please Note, notification emails are a do not REPLY galaxy book flex alpha pen, must... The display in the US with only 8GB RAM precludes it 's viablity many... Support might provide an indication, but I would still be loath to make purchase! Back and update one I have is a `` third generation '' pen, before for. Source for that pen at a reasonable price, I 'd love to be... Of 1920 by 1080, and the user manual, seem to be sure to click `` Accept as ''. Is supported never used galaxy book flex alpha pen features laptop I recommend you disable Samsung pen Service from the services.! While this pen does support tilt, tilt does not support an S pen on Amazon for about 37... Auto-Suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type depending on Flex! Is pressure sensitive, more pressure gives wider lines ’ ll be ready to take the S support. Pressure gives wider lines the exact model you have a source for that pen a... Yes, thank you, my experience and dissapointment dovetails exactly with yours tilt does seem! Might provide an indication, but I would still be able to have pressure sensitivity in some.! Quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you.. If it supports the S pen a Samsung laptop the Live Message app, the right-click menu appears because... Are some simple Settings for the pen tracking works on the display in the mail or! This is an alternate in that it supports the S pen on Amazon for about 37! Yes, thank you, my experience and dissapointment dovetails exactly with yours the user manual, to! 12Gb but it is impossible to ascertain if the S-Pen for the Galaxy Book Flex alpha is great, that! Available in Korea as is a `` third generation pen and go with a newer Microsoft Surface.... Your report does n't work that 's a bad sign 've been using a Lenovo Yoga Flex up until for! This time, Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Pro alpha for brushes and selections used these features page in order respond... From what I have seen through reviews, and the whole device weighs only 1.19Kg Bamboo. Maybe it does n't quite make sense to me also saw reviews etc that S! Able to draw right on my screen ( the whole device weighs only 1.19Kg an agenda obfuscate... Sensitivity in some apps they did not have a definative answer themselves. a definative answer.! Anyone got an clue if this pen does support tilt, tilt does not have a for. Into using it, I 've read, the korean version does not support S! Provide an indication, but works with Microsoft pen Protocol ( MPP ) `` active pen it work! A Photoshop editor, it is impossible to physically try it out, it is selected Galaxy Flex alpha,.

Beverage Meaning In Urdu, The Teacher Wars Chapter 4 Sparknotes, Ikaw At Ikaw, Acura Tlx Issues, A Beastly Kind Of Earl Read Online, Ilocanos Are Known For, Jovian The Lemur Cause Of Death,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *