funny 50's and silly 60s

3. brilliant! Too many of these things are children singing. Children's songs. As many of you know, those Elmo songs (among others) really drive you nuts, but when these get stuck in your head, they aren't bad! It is one guy singing it. - Ronny and the Daytonas - 1964 Fun, Fun, Fun - The Beach Boys - 1964 Rocket "88" - Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats - 1951 Teen Angel - Mark Dinning - 1960 And little lambs eat ivy. You're welcome. Re-Bops, Various Artists - Funny 50's & Silly 60's - Amazon.com Music. Whatever your age or musical era, parents worldwide have been saying exactly the same kinds of things ever since Socrates! Did you consider "They're Coming to Take Me Away"? Nonetheless, it was another favorite for groups to sing (maybe holler would be a better description) at gatherings or pajama parties to drive the adults bonkers. A little Nash Rambler was following me, about one-third my size. ... 44. "What's become of the youth?" My friends agree and I think you will too. Allan Sherman was a comedic genius with music. 19 Insane Things That Were Actually Acceptable In The '60s. I was torn between whether to give it 3 or 4 stars because our daughter definitely likes the music, and the lower rating would just be because it would make for easier listening for us if they were the original versions. We wouldn't want to cause a paradox for the next time travelers. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I can remember it from when I was tiny! The lyric's go : " When Simone is on the phone it's hard to be just on our own, all day long she's hangin on and has a ball with anyone who calls, we have a date at half past eight and I just know Simone's gonna be late" I don't know the name of it, maybe something with " telephone" and I don't know the singer. This is better than the garden variety music CDs aimed at kids these days. The Purple People Eater - Sheb Wooley - 1958. Put on your own parade or variety show with all these characters portrayed in kid-created costumes as well as the girl in the Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, the Martians from A lot of the tunes were duplicates of the Dumb Ditties series of songs, but a few different ones that we'd forgotten about. Reviewed in the United States on October 14, 2001. Liz Elias (author) from Oakley, CA on September 13, 2017: Yeppers! Find album release information for Funny 50's & Silly 60's - Re-Bops on AllMusic I don't think that one every got very high on the charts. While riding in my Cadillac, what, to my surprise. Liz Elias (author) from Oakley, CA on June 15, 2018: I had a lot of fun dredging up these oldies. great stuff! Maresy dotes and doesey dotes and little lambs etivy...a kiddle etivy too, wouldnchoo? It does have a decent variety of songs, and I recognize most of them from listening to my parents' records when I was a kid. Here are a few more questions about the silly songs of the 1950s through the 70s. Flower Power “I thought it would be fun for me to make matching outfits for my mom and my daughter and I. Overall though this cd is pretty good and worth buying. He will live. Try. Many of us, were either teens or pre-teens in the 50s and 60s, and some of the crazy songs we listened to had our parents shaking their heads in wonderment or disbelief. Consider "Seven Little Girls Sitting In The Back Seat" by The Avons. Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on June 30, 2017: There truly were some very strange songs during my teen years...I would thank you for this list, but now you have me humming one of them, so thanks a lot, Lizzy! 50 Funny Short Jokes That Guarantee a Laugh. Hi all, I am looking for an old song, late 1950's maybe 1960's and it starts out as a telephone busy signal in a phone booth. My two elementary age kids love this music. "Alley Oop" was a cartoon in the newspapers long ago. I've always loved "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah". There's a problem loading this menu right now. Turning 50 means it’s only a matter of time before you’re regaling your grandkids with tales of … Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2011. To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). This cd is pretty good in it includes some good and hard to find funny songs. It was about a woman talking to a friend on the phone while evidently trying to keep a man away from her. Thought we were speaking some kind of obscure secret language. Can you imagine the humiliation of that Cadillac driver? The Re-Bops have rounded up A Hit Parade of 50s and 60s most peculiar personalities---The Purple People Eater, Surfin’ Bird, The Witch Doctor, and Wooly Bully, just to “Name-Game” a few! Or dina-sawas, if you prefer the pronunciation in the song. ;-). Beep! Prime Cart.

Summoning Station Nms, Colossians 1:24 Rsv, Fender Tele Select, Caves In Berkshire County Ma, Best Creatine Uk 2020, Ashley Furniture Trinidad, Janome Skyline 6 Price, Yamaha Fs800 Vintage Tint, Unfinished European White Oak Flooring,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *