fig jam and goat cheese pizza

Carefully transfer the assembled pizza to your preheated pizza stone … Roll pizza dough into a 10-12 inch circle, or shape of your choice and pierce with a fork. After 30 minutes, the onions will start turning light brown and will start to caramelize. Evenly spread a thin layer of fig preserves over the entire pizza (leave room for crust). Then sprinkle the caramelized onions, sliced figs, and goat cheese across the top of the pizza. Spread the crumbled goat cheese on top of the fig preserves. Place dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Add the slices of prosciutto in small mounds. Sprinkle with the mozarella cheese, scatter the prosciutto across the top and finish with the crumbled goat cheese. You can use whatever ingredients you’d like. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out pizza dough to about 14-15″ in diameter. The flavor was delicious, but just a little too sweet for me. Spread Fig & Serrano Jam over the pizza dough. Fresh Pear, Fig Jam, and Goat Cheese Pizza 1 pound pizza dough (For general pizza hints and tips, see my Pizza Primer here !) Advice for Getting Started in Food Photography, Fig and Serrano Jam with Lemon and Thyme - Up Close & Tasty, Flatbread with Ricotta and Pomegranate Salsa - Up Close & Tasty. Place butter and onions in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. That was an incredible pizza… the jam & the goat cheese & the caramelized onions are just perfect. Stir the onions every 5-10 minutes to be sure they are cooking evenly and not getting burned. Sprinkle each with ½ tsp chopped rosemary. Place two flatbreads on each baking sheet and place both baking sheets in the oven. Pull the pizza from the oven when the goat cheese is melted, the prosciutto begins to crisp, and the pizza dough starts to turn golden brown. I decided to add a couple slices of jalapeño to my individual pieces of the pizza. This post contains affiliate links which means if you click or make a purchase through my site, I might make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Place the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for 10-12 minutes. Required fields are marked *, Goat Cheese & Prosciutto Pizza with a Fig Jam Sauce and Arugula Salad, © 2016 All Rights Reserved — Encore Publishing. Spread the fig jam all over it, leaving about 1/2 inch around the edge. Brush dough or drizzle with just a little bit of olive oil, spread caramelized … It cut through the sweetness beautifully and the flavor balance leveled out. It’s nice how adding one extra ingredient can come to the rescue like that without having to start from scratch. My fridge has been full of figs, so I wanted to put them to good use before they expired. I decided to make a Fig Jam and Goat Cheese Pizza with arugula and caramelized onions. Pizza is so fun to make at home. Pulse 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, bread flour, 1 1/2 Tbsp. Spread a thin layer of fig jam over the entire pizza leaving a small border around the edges. Add the slices of … I’m so glad you liked it… but I know anything with figs or anything with “cooked” onions, will be A-OK with you! Stay tuned for another recipe with a fun way to use fresh figs and this delicious […], […] You should also check out my Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza with Arugula and Fig Jam. Your email address will not be published. Top with the arugula salad, cut and serve. Add sliced figs and sprinkle with additional goat cheese, if desired. Preheat oven fifteen minutes to 500°F using pizza stone. Your email address will not be published. Spread a thin layer of fig jam over the entire pizza leaving a small border around the edges. Last week I shared a Fig & Serrano Jam and this week, I’m sharing a fun way to use the jam, besides pairing it with stinky cheeses and breads. Using a pizza peel, sprinkle with cornmeal and place rolled out pizza dough on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until pizza is slightly golden brown on the crust and bottom. Using a pizza peel, sprinkle with cornmeal and place rolled out pizza dough on top. I am such a huge fan of figs too – it was fun to use them on a pizza! Place a pizza stone on the middle rack in the oven. I only promote products that I actually use and support. Place in pizza oven for 5-7 minutes (until cheese is melted and turning slightly golden in places) and the prosciutto begins to crisp. This is my kind of pizza, and I’m a huge fan of figs:). Brush crust with a little olive oil. DELICIOUS! Top each with 1 ounce of the crumbled goat cheese and 1 ounce of the prosciutto. Spread 2 tablespoons of the fig spread on each piece of na'an flatbread. salt, and 1 cup water in a food … Place the pizza on the pizza stone (I keep it on the silicone mat or parchment paper) and cook for 7-9 minutes, until the cheese … Regan Baroni Photography, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Be sure to sprinkle the toppings evenly. Required fields are marked *. This helps with transferring the pizza on and off of the pizza stone. Sprinkle big chunks of goat cheese on top of the fig preserves and then add the slices of prosciutto. It always brings out the best colors and details of food. Remove the pizza from oven using a pizza peel. The only rule is to make sure your oven or grill is nice and hot and the rest is up to you. Thank you for the compliments, Carlos! Let stand for about 10 minutes, … Spread the crumbled goat cheese on top of the fig preserves. I’m a natural light shooter. . Sign-up for our newsletter on new & free recipe books! If pizza is too sweet, add additional slices of jalapeño. […], Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. Toss the arugula with olive oil, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the pizza. oil, 1 tsp. Your photos are amazing. https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/fig-jam-and-goat-cheese-pizza-recipe Continue checking the onions and stirring for about 50 minutes to an hour until onions are caramelized. In the meantime, toss together arugula with the lemon, olive oil, honey, salt and black pepper. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll out pizza dough to about 14-15″ in diameter. Next, scatter the caramelized onions over the pizza dough. What I didn’t take into consideration with my flavor combination was that I was adding more sweetness (caramelized onions) and an already semi-sweet jam to my pizza. 1/4 to 1/3 cup (60-80 ml) fig jam 1/2 one large pig-sized pear, thinly sliced Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and let pizza stone warm for 1 hour. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is crisp. In my post about Fig Jam, I mentioned the importance of keeping the flavors of the jam balanced. How you get those beautiful deep colors? However, when I used the jam on the pizza, I lost the spice when I added the sweet caramelized onions. They will start to soften and become translucent. Add 1-2 tablespoons of goat cheese sprinkled over the pizza dough. Preheat oven fifteen minutes to 500°F using pizza stone. And, if you’re pairing the jam with non-sweet things like cheese and bread, it works. Place the figs into a small bowl, and pour boiling water over them. […] can use this jam with good, stinky cheeses and breads, but I have something else in mind for next week.

Appledore Kent Antiques, Curriculum Guide In Tle Grade 9 Cookery Pdf, Guitar Mill Neck, Weekly Monthly Rentals Henderson, Nv, Eid Ul Fitr Namaz Time In Hyderabad 2020, Classical Guitar Shed Vs Classical Guitar Corner, Practice Makes Perfect Site Leader,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *