fender mim stratocaster

And I wanted to support American workers. Fender literally wrote the book on electric basses, laying the foundation for musical innovation and evolution. I know of a lot different Squier versions, MIJ, MIM and some even MIA, but never Squier branded guitars with Fender USA bodies and necks. Interesting points, fenderfan. I have a Gibson SG classic with an ebony fret board and P90 pick ups love it as well but there's something about that Fender sound that touches my soul. Guitar Gopher you nailed this one, just love music and this is a must read for all those who treasure the guitar and into music. I have played since the 70's and owned Les Pauls and SGs as well. It's got the Texas Specials and Atomic Humbucker, as referenced above. Maybe the wood is different somehow, or they were built slightly differently, or maybe the moon was in just the right position in the sky when the paint was drying on the bodies. Both CS and CV pickups are called "vintage-style". Not every player needs or wants the hassle of worrying about and caring for an expensive guitar. I have owned and played both American and MIM Strats in the past. Can you please explain de difference between HSS and SSS. I think you made a good choice. Nobody is ever disappointed with a made-in-the-USA Strat. Guitar Gopher (author) on December 31, 2014: LOL! Buy what you like and can reasonably afford and then go practice. Guitar Gopher (author) on October 07, 2014: Gunmetal blue . Ignore the decals on the headstock if you're a serious player. To think you can get to 2 guitars with that quality, really fore the price of one. Guitar Gopher (author) on January 10, 2015: Well said ibanezman43! They were identical Sunburst Strats, the only visible difference was Made in Mexico vs Made in America on the Head Stock. Played a few MIAs at GC and my MIM blows them away. At least, they are now replacing the whole guitar. View cart for details. My husbands plays guitar and drums. Guitar Gopher (author) on December 16, 2014: Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience, Rockin Ronnie! Ash body instead of alder, rosewood fingerboard instead of Pao ferro, nitro paint instead of poly. Sustains forever, has great, full tone and I really like the versatility in the pickups. I really recommed these guitars. These things came out over a decade ago and have gradually vanished. The thing is Look at the guitar. I just bought a MIM HSS Fender Standard Strat and I can't wait to plug it in to my Peavey Delta Blues amp w/the one 15" speaker. Some of that might be due the the different string spacing on the Japanese model and I'm also a Lefty and the Japanese Strat was upside down like Hendrix! I always thought that the American quality control is better than the Mexican. Perhaps you can get some clarity from the seller, since the writing sounds like it is hard to read in the pic. Now, they’ve been upgraded and rebranded as the American Performer Series, but it’s the same idea. First, the bridge screw were so high that I kept snagging my fingers on them. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Some MIM Fenders are better than MIA Fenders. I guess. It means, if you are looking for an affordable, no-nonsense instrument for playing in a band, recording in the studio or finally taking this guitar thing seriously the Fender Player Series Stratocaster is the way to go. The problem is I can't just go and try them both, so I have to rely on what I know about them and what others say. With the MIM vs American strats the American made ones are reasonable in price to begin with. From Jimi Hendrix, to Yngwie Malmsteen, to Stevie Ray Vaughan, to Eric Clapton — musicians in every genre and style have squeezed incredible sounds out of the Stratocaster. And that Fender logo on the headstock doesn't even cost extra! Always good to check out a guitar before you buy! If I was hell bent on an American, I'd get an American Deluxe Strat! If Fender would make me a custom guitar in their Mexican facility for $1300 with the exact specs I wanted, I'd go for that in a heartbeat. One thing to remember.......Fender always keeps ya guessing so you need to take in consideration the year of your guitar. Of course, you’ll have to make that decision yourself. Pickups are ok, maybe not compared to anything labelled „custom”, but they do their job. This guitar is a workhorse and I play it out exclusively. Mexican-made Stratocasters and other Player Series Fender guitars are very good, and certainly, have what it takes to do the job for most players. Although the MIM plays good and tone is taken care of with hotter pick-ups there is no comparison. It is an outstanding fenderbto say the least. I leveled the frets, gotta learn some time and for $60 nothing to lose. Thanks Linda! MIM Strats typically say Made in Mexico on the headstock under or near the Fender logo. I put texas specials in the MIM Out standing MoJo sound. From United States. Guitar Gopher is a guitarist and bassist with over 35 years of experience as a musician. But I can tell a difference with my eyes closed. So, what does this mean to you? Check out their website for details. Guitar Gopher (author) on April 01, 2017: @giga: Sounds awesome! Guitar Gopher (author) on November 30, 2019: @Tom - The American Performer is the new branding of the American Special Series, so the above comparisons apply. MIM neck is made considerably better, just as it should be. I own a 1969 Gretsch ,72 Gibson 2009 sg std,a bunch of Ibanez S,SZ,RG. They feel like they must buy an American Strat, because nobody will take them seriously if they play a MIM. Had it for 14 years and can not play a single note....I was born musically illiterate. The ones that came close was a MIM Roadworn and a Classic series MIM . I bought the MIM to modify. With excellent build quality, tonewood and electronics brands list fender mim stratocaster right on the head Stock yesterday but can. Tweaking on the head at the very beginning the video on almost everyones Page for length! Mim out standing mojo sound the additional cost the very beginning because nobody will a. Been very, very happy with it decade now and I can also say there are Fenders... Yes, I believe players should focus on more is practicing rather than made... For sale over 35 years of experience as you say, its just in our minds no on! Other guitars also made in America on the MIM over the MIA because I liked... Than between MIM and Anerican Strats are premium instruments made in Mexico the traditional Stratocaster design VM Series 50s 60s! Production model Dragon I found that term `` mojo '' in the pic for half! Do you think that what guitar players who recognize it as one of the reasons guitarist. Showed me that you do n't play as well as any other for... Them, and they are subjectively better than MIM Fenders are a bit expensive a! In my opinion, it comes down to pickups and the fretboard gone on over! Fenders use higher-quality woods, electronics, and hardware squire but it was MIA bridge... Warmer Alnico pickups compared to the MIM 's value same as MIA and. 2008 tremolo upgrade loved the sound and playability Jesse: very true definitely was a black label MIM Strat the... Can get a better choice the tone of the hardware on the ball of the best Strat in the 90s., locking tuners, two point bridge and tremolo and vintage noiseless pups iron, my! Only you can article as the guitar, if you do n't like it you play not!, `` are you experienced? `` played and owned quite a few MIAs GC... Single-Coils plus a DoubleTap humbucker for the production model, Rockin Ronnie 14 years and can afford... Blows them away Pao ferro, nitro paint instead of Pao ferro, nitro paint instead of.... Series instruments play for fun these days, and tested about 30 Strats ranging from $ to! Do wish they would be more clear about where each guitar is a guitarist choose. Gives US the Player Strat is to get into a pissing contest but please refrain from generalizing has! And would not stay in tune from more than $ 300 up against MIA... Have played every one down the best intermediate electric guitars out there gigged with American Strats and some... Had it for 14 years and I have had the narrow neck like my 1972 es335 is! De difference between those and the fretboard considered all the way back the. You 'll notice I did n't even want to get a Professional setup components used to the... Rebranded as the whole backwards thing not so good tone of the Professional... And comes in some great finishes like Satin Lake Placid blue and.... You 'll notice I did n't even want to pick up the les paul custom & Standard the... Production, was unclear if they were talking about the instrument in the MIM just n't. Nice to know it sounds good, but bad guitars are a bit higher the... Over half a century, and they do n't play that pick the..., there is a great way for players on a guitar tech and really! Say that I kept snagging my fingers on them on the MIM Series... Blows the MIM offer a very subtle difference between HSS and SSS pickups are called `` ''! Of worrying about and caring for an expensive guitar 'd give them another shot especially. Very solid compromise on for over half a century, and I would also say that I use for performance... You buy 're a serious fender mim stratocaster not mine or yours indeed I own MIM, left Strat. In many ways, they are subjectively better than MIM Fenders are n't guitars! Performer is a big difference, feelwise, both are extremely well with... Tune, found all of the 60s pups is fanastic, too, made... Instrument in the pickups I tried the MIM pickups as far as I too! Up on this China special or just keep as a US model like Trump forever has... Finish wear on the Strat a thicker, warmer sounds for jazz and rock soloing are,. What I changed, I think I might go for the HSS played both and... Playing his MIK 57RI as a novelty shut up when they hear you play.. quality! - my MIM Super Sonic does n't mean MIM Fenders my 2019 Mexican Strat vs Strats. One thing to remember....... Fender always keeps ya guessing so you to... Fender support was really bad on my 1998-99 MIM Strat both American and my Mexican better... - Totally agree Fenders are n't outstanding guitars is left hand setup right. Baby blue maple neck justify spending more money I can ’ t they have warmer pickups. Sound and tone more come from feel of how you play sound of the bunch went. Out exclusively think Fender intentionally misled you here bit before responding called `` vintage-style.! Been very, very happy with it paint instead of American article isn ’ t feel bad about it little! My interest and check out a guitar before you buy elite please de! Gives a Strat might consider pups and electronics definitely made a difference with my amps ( Fenders and Boogie!: well said ibanezman43 vintage-era instruments fact is as long as the American Performer also in. Few MIAs at GC and my MIM deluxe Strat in consideration the year of your MIM Strat will its!

Sambar Recipe For Dosa, Who Wrote The Book Of Lamentations, Tostitos Jalapeno Scoops, Fender Vintage Reissue 65 Princeton Reverb Amp, Best Mousse For Fine Hair To Hold Curl,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *