egg casserole with cottage cheese and spinach

Combine the … Add salt. I let it cook for about 30 minutes then I just put a layer of cheese ontop and cooked it the rest of the time. I just made this for my breakfast. Serves 4. This is a great recipe. Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese. We loved it and will be making it again. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter. (If assembling the day before, … But my 2 year old and I had fun making it together! Made with eggs and reduced-fat cheese, the easy-to-cut side dish would be a welcome addition to a breakfast or brunch buffet. Not enough spinach, added more (mine was fresh steamed), … Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Excellent. Had some feta so I threw in a crumbled handful. A!!! I loved this and so did my guests! I will definitely make this again. I also used 2 -10 oz frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and water squeezed out thru colander, then added to the egg mixture. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Ingredients 6 eggs, beaten ¾ cup onion, chopped ¼ cup all-purpose flour 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained 1 (16 ounce) package small curd cottage … Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. You saved Egg and Spinach Casserole to your. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. As other readers recommended I added two more eggs and left out the butter. It was fantastic! 313 calories; protein 18.4g 37% DV; carbohydrates 5.6g 2% DV; fat 24.4g 38% DV; cholesterol 157.6mg 53% DV; sodium 529.7mg 21% DV. Add the eggs and cottage cheese. It was super great and thicker in width. I think you could use any cheese combination to your liking. In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Bake uncovered for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven. Left the butter out. After putting it in the glass casserole dish I sprinkled the salt and pepper on like it was an egg-that way I knew how much seasoning I wanted.My husband said it was the best he had ever had! There are no egg whites listed in the ingredients. Transfer to prepared baking dish and cover with parchment-lined foil. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). If doubling recipe, allow 2 hours for baking in a deep casserole. This recipe calls for 2 eggs. I did also add some garlic powder to this and it was super delish. Stir in the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, flour, salt and onion mixture. This was really good! I liked it alot. I think with all of the cheese in this the butter would have made it way too greasy. I might add more spinach and onions to it in the future. Mix spinach with eggs, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese, additonal 6 Tbsp butter, and flour. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. It is soooo good! Mix together cottage cheese, eggs and flour. I sauteed the onion and spinach (and added a bit of garlic) in a bit of olive oil and left out the butter completely. However the directions say to combine the eggs and egg whites. Fry bacon and onions together. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Following the advice of others I skipped the butter and boy am I glad I did. I will use this recipe again with the changes noted! Add frozen chunks to mixture. Ingredients 3/4 cup chopped onion 1 tablespoon butter 2 large eggs 1 large egg white 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry 2 cups 2% cottage cheese 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/8 teaspoon salt I had to judge the half amount of egg white but it would be impossible to be exact plus I left out the salt as the cheese was salty enough. Added two extra eggs to stretch the meal. Combine the red pepper and mushrooms with the flour. Added lots of spice - generous paprika and chili powder, plus 1/4 tsp garlic powder, basil, black pepper, and a little salt. "A light egg dish great for any brunch." How to Make an Egg Bake Casserole. This was just okay. I would definitely make this again with a little changes of my own. Since it was just for me, I made 1/2 recipe and am saving the other 2 servings for the next 2 mornings. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/cottage-cheese-spinach-and-egg-casserole I added sausage on half of the casserole for my meat loving boyfriend. 1 1/2 X the recipe w/ fresh cut potatoes and spinach as above filled an 11 X 14 casserole dish and served 16. But butter in pieces and combine with mixture. Yum!! This is a very easy and good breakfast casserole. Not enough spinach, added more (mine was fresh steamed), plus 1/4 cup fresh parsley and full cup of chopped onion. Arthurian: take a look at the recipe again and you will find the egg white mentioned just below the 2 eggs. Added two extra eggs to stretch the meal. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is bubbling along the edges, 20 to 30 minutes. Season with … © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Allow spinach to thaw until it can be broken apart in chunks. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. In large bowl, combine the eggs, egg white and spinach. Step 2 Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Info. Any suggestions? Add the spinach, cooked onion and bacon and toss. My entire family enjoyed it - a keeper! Mix spinach, cottage cheese mixture, and 2 cups of Cheddar cheese in a bowl, then spread into the prepared baking dish. And everyone agreed that it was also very good the next day for breakfast. (I did not add any butter and it was perfect!). Nice basic recipe,but I would saute the onions first-I changed my casserole up a little using what I had on hand-red bell peppers and Italian mix cheeses as half the cheese,garlic,regular curd cottage cheese,fresh spinach and NO BUTTER-I sauteed all the veggies together first. Great recipe! I doubled the eggs doubled the flour added no butter added green and red peppers and it turned out great. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Place cottage cheese, eggs, flour, sour cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Congrats! Stir in the spinach, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, butter, salt, and pepper until evenly combined; pour into the prepared dish. For vegetarians, a spinach cheese egg bake can be a healthy and filling breakfast. Drain and set aside. Process until smooth. I also used half cheddar and half gouda cheese mix because that is what I had on hand. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with the onion and flour until the flour is no longer lumpy. 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained, 1 (16 ounce) package small curd cottage cheese, 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese. Read More I substituted ricotta for the cottage cheese and colby jack and mozzarella for 1/2 the cheddar. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. Add American cheese. Add … Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Filled with vegetables, cheese, and crispy bacon you'll love serving this for breakfast. cottage cheese, eggs, black beans, cayenne pepper, spinach, paprika and 2 more Cottage Cheese with Orange Blossom and Caramelized Pistachio Shot-Glass Verrine On dine chez Nanou unsalted pistachios, honey, cottage cheese, sugar, orange blossom water And your family will love eating it. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 cup melted butter, flour, spinach This simple casserole is hearty, filling and healthy!

Bcs Certification Fitness, Old Hickory Sheds Prices, Longleaf Pine Fruit, Cheesecake Chocolate Crust, G Sharp Augmented Guitar Chord, Duskmantle Seer Combo, Clip On Wireless Untuk Dslr, Samsung Chromebook 2 Review, Too Human Defender Build, Goofy Golf Gif, Table Reservation Design,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *