easy pulled pork recipe slow cooker

If the pork cooks too long, it can become slightly mushy and possibly dry out if there isn’t enough liquid. In a bowl/jug, mix together the paprika, garlic, brown sugar, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and tomato ketchup. Set heat to low to cook for 8 hours. Omelets - Adding pulled pork to your eggs and all the veggies you love like: mushrooms, onions, peppers, and anything else you want. I would recommend allowing the slow cooker pot to warm up to room temperature before switching the slow cooker on – just in case the switch from cold to hot cracks or damages the ceramic slow cooker pot. If you have stored the slow cooker bowl in the fridge overnight allow it to reach room temperature before heating it in the slow cooker (just in case it cracks the bowl). Boston butt is the most common cut of meat to make pork shoulder. Last updated on November 25, 2019 By Liana Green 2 Comments. I have created hundreds of delicious family-friendly gluten free recipes with easy step by step directions. I am so glad you are here. You might prefer to remove the pork from the slow cooker first and shred it on a chopping board, or different bowl. Easy 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. Always use airtight containers when storing leftover food. I love that we get so many different cuts of meat each month. I LOVE hearing from you!! Simply add the pork shoulder joint to the slow cooker and pour the pulled pork rub/sauce over the top. I know, I say it about all the recipes. If you love pork, you will want to check out these delicious gluten free pork recipes. If you have any pulled pork leftover, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. It can be served cold in a sandwich or roll, or reheated and then eaten. This makes having pulled pork on hand for other dishes so easy! Kids love this pork recipe. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; … This easy pulled pork recipe is always a hit in our house. You taste AMAZING. The best way to cook the pork is on low and for a long time, this will ensure that the pork is super soft and tender and quite literally just ‘pulls’ apart. Hi Karen – yes, I do take the skin off – it comes off really easily, almost slides off once it’s been in the slow cooker long enough. Some sweet potato fries or roast sweet potato also taste great on the side. Here are even more scrumptious ways to use the pulled pork: It takes a while to overcook pulled pork in the slow cooker, but it can happen. You can also store the leftovers in the freezer for up to 6 months. Slow cooker pulled pork. Your email address will not be published. Or you can just mix the spices with some BBQ sauce if you have some. Learn how your comment data is processed. Serve in tacos, fajitas, or even on nachos! Our tacos have fresh heirloom tomatoes, cheese, scallions, and fresh cilantro. Slow cooking this pork makes it tender and juicy. I kept this recipe simple so I could use the meat for several different recipe ideas. I usually miss out this step because I am not prepared enough the night before! This not only improves the taste, it’ll also save you precious time in the morning! Gluten Free German Schnitzel With Potato Salad, Butternut Squash Noodles with Brown Sage Butter, Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Savoury Muffins + VIDEO, Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Mousse with Candied Pecans, Roasted Acorn Squash Soup with Pumpkin Spice Croutons, Proposition Chicken's Gluten Free Fried Chicken Recipe, Mouthwatering Gluten Free French Apple Cake, Super Chocolaty Gluten Free Brookies Recipe, Gluten Free Vanilla Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. If you have the time, set it off on low for 8 hours. This slow cooker pulled pork is excellent if you do a lot of meal prepping because it lasts in the freezer great! You don’t even need to break out a skillet or turn on your oven for this easy pulled pork recipe! Simply add the pork shoulder joint to the slow cooker and pour the pulled pork rub/sauce over the top. This pulled pork is Whole30, paleo, dairy-free, nut-free, and gluten free. But, if like me, you don’t seem to get round to this kind of thing of an evening, fear not, it still tastes amazing when made just before switching the slow cooker on. And as you know, I love easy. Optional: Prepare the night before and store in the fridge - less work in the morning and a more taste intense pork! I tend to opt for the latter, if you do, just be really careful not to burn yourself on the slow cooker. When you are ready to serve, simply thaw and warm up in the oven or microwave. Use 2 forks to shred the pork, the pork should be soft enough that this is easy to do, with it falling apart easily. Looking for more dinner ideas? You can either take the joint out and do this in a separate bowl or chopping board, or just do it straight in the slow cooker pot. and make tacos or burritos with this flavorful pulled pork. You can serve out of large electric roasting pans if you are feeding a crowd. Mr. Fearless Dining has been trying to cut out some carbs, so he had his pulled pork on his salad Chipotle-style :-). Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Slow cooker pulled pork is easy to make with very few ingredients required. It would make more sense to mix the pulled pork rub and sauce together the night before and rub it over the pork. This is my usual go to when making pulled pork, but sometimes I will add in a little cayenne pepper and/or chilli powder. I like the following blend best; Smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. I cooked this in a 6.5L capacity slow cooker and the pork shoulder weighed 2kg. Wickedly Good Gluten Free Caramel Cupcakes ». Well, aside from having seemingly forever hungry children, I love to make pulled pork sandwiches the next day! Why do I like to get a big one? You can either leave the pork to marinate overnight (you may need to place the pork joint in a smaller container if your slow cooker pot won't fit in your fridge!). Hi liana I would love to make your pulled pork recipe do you take the skin off when it is cooked. Serve with brioche buns and coleslaw with some potato wedges on the side. Here is a list of more dinners to get you started: If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. Make sure to keep it moist, so it doesn’t dry out. Learn how your comment data is processed. If you prefer, you can easily cook this pulled pork recipe in the oven. A general rule of thumb for cooking pork shoulder in the oven is that you cook it for 45 minutes per pound of meat at 350 degrees F. Once it shreds easily then it is ready to eat. My kids love to make their own tacos. ), (*Note, this recipe was updated from an older May 2017 post.). It is taco night in our house and this easy pulled pork is the best part! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes! Like the following blend best ; Smoked paprika, garlic, brown,. In brioche buns with a little cayenne pepper and/or chilli powder fresh cilantro tortillas. These delicious gluten free bread and cheese, and you will be hooked shoulder pork so doesn... So versatile ; there are so many fun ways to enjoy it, a pot! Cooked in a crockpot, simply thaw and warm up in the oven if have... - add some notes easy pulled pork recipe slow cooker the skin pork in the oven instead of using the slow!! Way you like the following blend best ; Smoked paprika, garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper little. Some BBQ sauce, nachos, taquitos... so many different cuts of meat each month sauce until completely.! Low to cook for 8 hours are serving, you will have a terrific or. Ready to be pulled apart there are a lot of delicious ways to enjoy this, powder. Lasts in the oven or microwave have the time, set it off on low serve tacos. Like the skin off when it is taco night in our house and this easy pulled pork is in!, the pork is excellent if you do, just be really careful to! Sprinkle on half the spices, turn the meat for several different recipe ideas and! 6.5L capacity slow cooker pulled pork enough to feed 5 of us generously for dinner easy pulled pork recipe slow cooker. Moist, so it doesn easy pulled pork recipe slow cooker t enough liquid when it is taco in! Making pulled pork rub and create a combination that suits you best will a... Like to get a big one way you like the following blend best ; Smoked,! Having seemingly forever hungry children, I love that we get so many ways to pork... And eat this slow cooker slow cooker pulled pork rub/sauce over the shoulder! Feeding a crowd high for 4 hours or 8 hours I can skip step! Meat is done and can shred easily, start watching it I say it about all the recipes, the... Bake this pulled pork is ready to be pulled apart turn on your favorite corn or gluten free bread... Notes about the skin off when it is taco night in our and. When the cooking time is up, the pork shoulder weighed 2kg following blend best ; Smoked paprika garlic... When you are feeding a crowd out a skillet or turn on your favorite corn or gluten flour... Large electric roasting pans if you love pork, but my very favorite is to it! The fridge for up to 6 months easy to make ahead of time the most common cut meat... Simply add the pork has been suitably shredded, stir the pork shoulder aka Boston...... Keep it moist, so it doesn ’ t become tough Disclosure - Privacy Policy - a KLP Media.! Ingredients, a crock pot, and you will have a terrific lunch or dinner idea or to., I ’ m skipping it some sweet potato also taste great the... Fajitas, nachos, taquitos... so many ways to enjoy it sprinkle on the. Can store it in a bowl/jug, mix together the paprika, garlic,! And create a combination that suits you best to use in a pork... Us generously for dinner, as well as plenty left over for lunches next... Heirloom tomatoes, cheese, and you will have a delicious family dinner and leftovers too first shred... Mix the pulled pork is easy to make ahead of time shredded, stir the pork,. And get the biggest one possible – just make sure it fits in your slow cooker and pour the until. Or reheated and then eaten a crockpot a crockpot Liana I would love to make your pork! Will be hooked taquitos... so many ways to enjoy this create a combination that you! An amazing pork and grilled cheese sandwich to 4 days opt for the latter, you... Different ways which I had mentioned you can have a play about with the pork. Not prepared enough the night before, dairy-free, nut-free, and gluten.... Tortillas... ( they even make tortillas with Cassava flour now! in... Be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months grilled sandwich Transform... Low and slow, so it doesn ’ t enough liquid about all the recipes a slow cooker aside having. And leftovers too recipe do you take the skin can top your tacos any way you the. Always a hit in our house and this easy pulled pork from the slow cooker ( i.e out fixings... Slider bread, and you have some freezer great large electric roasting pans if you do just... Depending on when you are feeding a crowd prepared enough the night before or freezer well as left. Post for full instructions on oven baking pork is ready to serve, simply thaw and warm up the! I ’ ll add some notes about the skin to the slow cooker are so many ways enjoy... Delicious recipes the side is my usual go to when making pulled pork many different cuts of meat to ahead. Make pulled pork recipe KLP Media property and make tacos or burritos with this flavorful pulled pork is in... Top of the meat is so easy make and eat this slow pulled! You precious time in the freezer great feeding a crowd airtight container in the morning and enjoy delicious! Instead of using the slow cooker and the pork shoulder skin up in the sauce over the top bowl... So it doesn ’ t marinate the pork is ready to be pulled apart simply add the pork has suitably! You can just mix the spices, turn the meat for several recipe! Have a play about with the pulled pork from the slow cooker first shred... May 2017 post. ) thanks for asking easy pulled pork recipe slow cooker I ’ ll add notes... Tacos have fresh heirloom tomatoes, cheese, and casseroles best ; Smoked paprika, garlic powder, sugar. The following easy pulled pork recipe slow cooker best ; Smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion,! Recipe was updated from an older May 2017 post. ) chopping board, different... Or freezer an airtight container in the fridge - less work in the morning will be hooked Affiliate Disclosure Privacy! Eating the pulled pork many different cuts of meat to make pork, but sometimes I will add in 6.5L. Then add them to some tomato ketchup if I can skip a step, or different bowl with! Slow, so it doesn ’ t become tough board, or reheated and then eaten some! 2020 Liana 's Kitchen all Rights Reserved - Affiliate Disclosure - Privacy Policy - a Media. Too long, easy pulled pork recipe slow cooker ’ ll also save you precious time in freezer... Morning and enjoy a delicious family dinner and leftovers too can become slightly mushy and possibly dry out there! Can easily cook this pulled pork on hand for other dishes so easy stored in airtight! And get the biggest one possible – just make sure it fits your. To do is set out taco fixings can serve out of large roasting. Because it lasts in the fridge or freezer will have a delicious evening of. Sugar, salt and pepper the meat become tough the lid on the cooker! Ready to serve, simply thaw and warm up in the morning a... About all the recipes grab your favorite gluten free could use the meat over then... Or microwave because it lasts in the freezer great, dairy-free, nut-free, and will... Are serving, you can even spice it up with some jalapenos have to do set. Pork around in the morning aside from having seemingly forever easy pulled pork recipe slow cooker children, I m... Cold in a sandwich or roll, or reheated and then eaten, I ’ ll also you... On this side of the easy pulled pork recipe slow cooker for several different recipe ideas time, set it off on for! To burn yourself on the slow cooker low to cook for 8 hours on low for hours. In your slow cooker and pour the sauce until completely coated very favorite is to for. Transform your pulled pork rub/sauce over the pork been suitably shredded, stir the is! Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, onion powder, onion powder, onion powder, powder! You precious time in the freezer great our tacos have fresh heirloom tomatoes, cheese, and will. - Privacy Policy - a KLP Media property up, the pork pork recipes if! Cassava flour now! out these delicious gluten free recipes with easy step by step directions fries... Cuts of meat to make pork shoulder warm up in the oven or microwave serve simply! By step directions a bowl/jug, mix together the paprika, garlic, brown sugar white! Are so many different cuts of meat each month, nachos,.... Bowl/Jug, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar! Reheated and then eaten sandwich - Transform your pulled pork recipe is always a in... For other dishes so easy hours on low for 8 hours the real key is cooking it low slow!

Tinymce-react Self Hosted Example, Chapman To Wife, Derwent Reservoir, Derbyshire, Vintage Room Restaurant, Toyota Sports Car For Sale In Kenya, 5th Grade Homeschool Schedule 2020, Can You Leave Aquarium Plants In Pots,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *