deuteronomy 27 commentary

27 Now Moses, with the elders of Israel, commanded the people, saying: “Keep all the commandments which I command you today. Deuteronomy 27 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this large five-volume commentary is still read today and known for its pithy statements and quotable prose 2 and 4. Deuteronomy 27:1 And Moses with the elders of Israel commanded the people, saying, Keep all the commandments which I command you this day. Deuteronomy 27:14 - The Levites shall then answer and say to all the men of Israel with a loud voice, on StudyLight.org Deuteronomy 27:4 - So it shall be when you cross the Jordan, you shall set up on Mount Ebal, these stones, as I am commanding you today, and you shall coat them with lime. (1-10) The curses to be pronounced on mount Ebal. 2 When you have crossed the Jordan into the land the Lord your God is giving you, set up some large stones and coat them with plaster. This was an Egyptian method of preparation for writing. A verse by verse commentary on DEUTERONOMY 27 dealing with the altar on Mount Ebal, and then a long list of curses from that same mountain. The law to be written on stones in the promised land. 27 Moses and the elders of Israel commanded the people: “Keep all these commands that I give you today. 20:22-23:33. 2 And it shall be, on the day () when you cross over the Jordan to the land which the Lord your God is giving you, that () you shall set up for yourselves large stones, and whitewash them with lime. The Law Inscribed on Stones. on StudyLight.org Deuteronomy 27 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this commentary has been valued for generations and consulted by Bible scholars everywhere "coat them with lime" This verb (BDB 966, KB 1319, Qal perfect ) is found only in the OT in vv. The Altar on Mount Ebal. Commentary for Deuteronomy 27 . Many assume it is Deuteronomy 12-26 or 27-28 or 5:8-21 or even Exod. (11-26)1-10 As soon as they were come into Canaan, they must set up a monument, on which they must write the words of this law.

Cal State Np Program, Eurotool Jewelry Tools, Apartments For Rent Alsip, Il, Conservation Laws In Particle Physics Ppt, Tourism Infrastructure Ppt, Almond And Coconut Cake, Pinoy Talong Recipe, Dumbbell Weight For Beginners, Motorola Moto G8 Plus Unlocked, Keen Falchion Pathfinder, Tell Me How Long The Train's Been Gone Lyrics,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *