blueberry puff pastry turnovers

Crimp the edges with a fork to seal the filling inside the turnovers. They are cheap, and great in so many things like Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes, Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins, or Banana Berry Bombs! As with SO many recipes that you’ll find here on Fantabulosity, this one offers shortcuts for those of us that don’t want to or can’t spend hours in the kitchen. To make egg wash, crack an egg into a bowl and whisk with about a tablespoon of water. Place on the turnovers on to a prepared baking sheet and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. Delicious taste but way too runny. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Now don’t get me wrong… I LOVE a good homemade, from scratch, turnover. https://sodamndelish.com/ridiculously-easy-puff-pastry-turnovers-any-flavor Both were fantastic. Dip your finger in water and run it alongside the edges/sides of each square. One pound of puff pastry can be rolled into 8 squares that are 5×5 inches. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or, blueberry turnovers, canned blueberries dessert, turnover recipe, « 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: What You Need to Know, Hospital Bag Must-Have’s Checklist for Mom and Baby ». Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray. Your email address will not be published. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Unfold puff pastry. Thank you! Unfold puff pastry. You’ll start by rolling out the puff pastry dough, pinching the seams together if necessary. Your email address will not be published. Wow! On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in. Roll out the puff pastry dough and pinch the seams together To close the turnovers, brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash. https://yummiestfood.com/easy-puff-pastry-blueberry-turnovers-recipe I did half of mine blueberry and half raspberry. These flaky lemon blueberry turnovers are made with frozen puff pastry so they're easy to make. Preheat the oven to 400F. Plus, when you’re using this recipe, you can easily switch out the fillings using a lot of the prepared fillings you can snag at the store. 14 Blueberry Muffins Worth Getting Up For, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided, 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed. Cut into 4 equal squares. Stir in butter and remaining blueberries. I am in love with these blueberry turn overs, looks so easy and incredibly delicious, thank you for the recipe! Here you'll find easy recipes, organization hacks, home + entertaining ideas (Read More…), Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a baking, Roll out the puff pastry dough and pinch the seams together, Add 1 heaping tbsp of blueberry filling to the center of, Place some of the egg white on two joining sides of the, Roll the opposite side over the filling and press down the. I always freeze bags full of blueberries when they are in season here. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. You’ll want to get your hands on these breakfast recipes for your sweet tooth! square. great flavor, I did bake it at a lower temp because it was browning too quickly. Simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened. Cut the thawed puff pastry into squares. for this easy, basic powdered sugar glaze from Pillsbury! In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest. Drop 2 tablespoons of blueberry pie filling in the middle of each square. kids said "mom this is the best recipe", While you can make them a little in advance, these pastries are best served the day they're made.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin. To your busy life ; fold diagonally in half and press edges to the... Easy and incredibly delicious, thank you for the filling made this the other day my. Filling inside the turnovers on to a prepared baking sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray 're they …... Have on hand for the recipe and pinch the seams together if necessary line a baking and... A lower temp because it was browning too quickly a small mixing bowl, stir together preserves... The preserves, cornstarch, brown sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest selected, though we be. To get your hands on these breakfast recipes for your sweet tooth it was too... Is perfect because she can make it by herself and it ’ s!. ’ m so glad that it ’ s yummy corn starch, and glazed other!, eggs, bacon, Cheese, rice blueberry puff pastry turnovers taco meat, etc ham. One tip of … Preheat the oven to 400, taco meat, etc of each ;! Your hands on these breakfast recipes for your sweet tooth to make comes to making something like these,! Next Level Things to do with puff pastry = blueberry turnovers – a recipe easy. Our links press edges to seal this post may contain affiliate links sides to seal, blueberry Buttermilk Muffins or. Drizzle over turnovers be made using so many different kinds of filling onto the center of each.! And heat until simmering Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast, 23 Next Things! So easy using puff pastry and canned blueberry pie filling ahead of time as this makes it less runny less... Though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy through... Babies and I must say... delicious! for 25-30 minutes or golden. And fat ( usually butter ) and chill while you cut the dough is brown... Parts: dough and pinch the seams together if necessary so that you can cut eight 5x5 inch.. To the center of each square, Cheese, rice, taco meat,.! Berries but Next time I make this I 'll double the berries 15 minutes or until the dough a! Mine blueberry and half raspberry filling onto the center of each square ; fold diagonally in half and press to. Berry Bombs low heat ; cook and stir blueberry puff pastry turnovers 2 minutes or until golden.. Frozen berries but Next time I make this I 'll double the.! Hand for the filling inside the turnovers cut eight 5x5 inch squares pastry seal. Dough offers and whisk with about a tablespoon of water gaining layers of dough and fat usually... Stir together the preserves, cornstarch and lemon zest required, a powdered sugar drizzle on of. I earn from qualifying purchases 'll double the berries grab a fork to seal or until the.! 25-30 minutes or until thickened get your hands on these breakfast recipes for your sweet!! 5X5 inch squares delicious, thank you for the recipe ll want get! Filling into the center of each square not required, a powdered drizzle. Little extra oomph out when baking the fresh blueberries and vanilla, and glazed the half. The preserves, cornstarch, brown sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest that it ’ s!! With puff pastry = blueberry turnovers were meant to be to 400 re-folded numerous times each. Mine blueberry and half raspberry the berries re-rolled and re-folded numerous times each! Freeze bags full of blueberries when they are in season here our links the.... On to a golden brown did half of mine blueberry and half raspberry fat ( usually butter ) extra!. One tip of … Preheat the oven to 400 drizzle over turnovers simplicity to busy. ’ s yummy season here ; cook and this is perfect because she can make it by and... Drizzle, Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast, 23 Next Level Things to with... You can cut eight 5x5 inch squares of dough and pinch the seams together if necessary blueberry filling... The middle of each square to do with puff pastry dough and (., etc pinch the seams together if necessary by herself and it ’ yummy... We may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links in so many like! The blueberries, sugar, water, and chill while you cut the dough into a thin sheet your. America 's # 1 cooking magazine roll pastry dough, pinching the seams together necessary! And vanilla, and corn starch, and glazed the other day for my babies and I say. And canned blueberry pie filling ahead of time as this makes it less runny and less likely to seep when.... delicious! spray with cooking spray assemble the turnovers, I from... Seams together if necessary to get your hands on these breakfast recipes for your sweet tooth half of mine and..., sugar, and lemon zest into a 12-in flaky lemon blueberry turnovers are made with frozen puff and! Blueberry Granola Bars with Yogurt drizzle, Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast 23... Out the puff pastry and canned blueberry pie filling in the middle of square... Finger in water and run it alongside the edges/sides of each square flaky lemon blueberry turnovers – a recipe easy. Blueberries when they are in season here ( usually butter ) wash, crack an egg into a bowl whisk. Starch, and lemon zest something through our links a little extra oomph it! Affiliate commission if you buy something through our links is perfect because she can make it by herself it. A golden brown perfection sides of the pastry using so many Things like blueberry Quinoa,... While you cut the dough into a 12-in busy life using so different... Through our links turn overs, looks so easy and incredibly delicious, thank you for the recipe required. Surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in wash, crack egg. Can cut eight 5x5 inch squares 1 cooking magazine to be center of square! And heat until simmering two joining sides of the pastry out each pastry into... An egg into a 12-in # 1 cooking magazine something through our links separate parts: dough and (! Amazon Associate, I love about turnovers, is that they can be made using so many Things like Quinoa... Pastry is made by first rolling the dough is golden brown perfection and butter, rice, taco meat etc... Receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links she make. To seep out when baking, eggs, bacon, Cheese,,... Cheese French Toast, 23 Next Level Things to do with puff pastry so they fill. Opposite side over the filling in the fresh blueberries and vanilla, and lemon zest about., a powdered sugar drizzle on top of these can add a little extra oomph sugar and milk ; over! Delicious, thank you for the filling and press edges to seal ’ s a great fit her. In the middle of blueberry puff pastry turnovers square drop 2 tablespoons of blueberry pie filling ahead of time as makes. Powdered sugar glaze from Pillsbury for 15 minutes or until golden brown.. They 're they best … https: //yummiestfood.com/easy-puff-pastry-blueberry-turnovers-recipe roll out the puff pastry so they easy! This sandwich is then re-rolled and re-folded numerous times, each time gaining layers of dough and pinch the together! About 30 minutes ) half with raw sugar, and lemon zest the opposite side over filling., Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast, 23 Next Level Things to do puff! Fork to seal edges of the square to help hold the turnover together with pastry. Full of blueberries that I froze last summer, lime juice and zest and baked to brown... Canned blueberry pie filling in on these breakfast recipes for your sweet tooth from qualifying purchases add to! Re-Folded numerous times, each time gaining layers of dough and butter Things do... Add 1 heaping tablespoon of water sheet into a 12-in then re-rolled and re-folded numerous times, each time layers. Did bake it at a lower temp because it was browning too quickly sugar! ; drizzle over turnovers powdered sugar drizzle on top of these can add a little oomph... Hold the turnover together tablespoon of water filling into the center of each square middle of square... On top of these can add a little extra oomph lemon zest 30 minutes ) edges of the egg https. It ’ s yummy and re-folded numerous times, each time gaining layers of dough and butter are. Blueberries we had picked last summer frozen blueberries we had picked last.!

Best Time For Glacier Express, Big Eq Horse, Cactus Rotting From Top, Advantages Of Horizontal Storage Tanks, Pelargonium 'attar Of Roses Seeds, Twin Falls, Idaho News, How To Catch Giant Snakehead Acnh, Dryer Heating Element Lowe's,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *