best 500 series compressor for vocals

It's fantastic if you're into 500 series gear, but theres not a lot of fine-tuning on it. © 1993 - 2020 Vintage King Audio All Rights Reserved. Vintage King's Los Angeles and Nashville showrooms are available for curbside pickups. Any suggestions for a 500 series compressor/ limiter used primarily for making sure vocals don't clip during recording? I mix ITB but want to be able to drive my preamps from time to time and not worry about ruining a vocal performance because of clipping in dynamic parts of the song. 500 series compressors do much more than just limit signal, most models have a “sound” just running signal through them without any compression happening. The RNC500 is the 500 series version of FMR Audio's well-renowned RNC rackmount compressor. In reality, you very much want to clip the dynamic parts. The xpressor 500 is one of the best sounding and most versatile stereo compressors in the 500 series format. I used this once and it was amazing, I tried again last week and I think the routing through my juicebox 8 or the patch was off as it had issues. For the ultimate control, look into something with adjustable attack, threshold, and decay settings. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is, Please help the original poster by using the. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Forgot to mention I got great results from a JLM La500 when it was in my possession. Click here to login, The ability to reply to and create new discussions, Access to members-only giveaways & competitions, Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As, Access to members-only sub forum discussions, Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio, Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free. Please, No interest if paid in full within 12 months. The best vocal compressor for voice, bass, drums, and any other audio signal is the topmost studio-quality one you can afford. Some people like snappy compression. Once I get it working perfectly again I will report with details again about how amazing it is. The Pico 500 is a great tracking/mixing comp, and actually more inexpensive than any of the other 500 series comps. The 500 series modules themselves are small-sized, affordable signal processor units that are purchased separately. JLM audio LA500A vs CAPI FC526 vs Retro 500 vs Xpressor, Already have an account? With its many unique features taken from our flagship products, you not only get great compression and tone, but an amount of control on processing which is hardly ever experienced elsewhere. Smooth out a vocal with the Retro Instruments Double Wide, add attitude to your drums with the legendary Shadow Hills Dual Vandergraph, make guitars pop with the classic API 527, add life to pianos with the Neve 2265ALB, or tame your entire mix with something like the SSL Bus Compressor. I've been using one of the 500 series Pico (now FCS) compressors lately, and also have the stereo unit. The venerable dbx 160A is a compressor you see frequently in studios — home and pro alike. Check out our 500 Series compressors with high compression ratios. The manual settings just seem to work and they employ 2 side chains to trigger compression, one faster to catch peaks and the other slower to level the signal. It is completely top-notch in terms of performance, parts, and construction. Have to disagree plus you contradicted yourself.. "Compressors are for altering/reducing dynamic range, not trying to keep a signal from peaking.". I have been working with a rapper lately,.. and out of boredom I moved from my elop/1176 path to a dbx 560A (just because I hadn't tried it on anything yet),.. I no longer feel compelled to defend my position. I have an Empress Effects Ecm 519 that has become my goto for tracking vox. My next purchase will be another to make a pair for bus work. This! However, even if you don't have excess cash in your bank account, you can still find something that will be a useful tool in the studio. I mean in reality it is supposed to be an emulation of the 1073 mic pre and the 2254 compressor in a 2 space 500 rack. I'll say it very plainly: You cannot achieve a recording or a mix that matches what you hear on professional releases without a compressor. This full-featured dynamics controller is a studio workhorse: use it to tame peaks and signal spikes, use it for gentle smoothing and sonic fortification, or even use it as a brickwall limiter at the end of a processing chain. Mic preamps, EQs, and compressors are the three main categories of signal processors available in the 500 series format, though more and more manufacturers are making reverb and delay units, headphone amplifiers, direct boxes, and even small scale mixers in the 500 series format. The T-Rex Neo Compressor Pedal is suitable for Guitar, Bass and for Vocals. This audio compressor can run two channels at one time. Any suggestions for a 500 series compressor/ limiter used primarily for making sure vocals don't clip during recording? Although it is the best option but it is not compatible for the bass instruments as it has a low frequency if 35 Hz. Redefined Multitalent. These can save the show when you are dealing with unstable signal levels, like a not-so-masterful singer. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Working on a project now where I am using the BAC 500 on lead vocals and The Brute on all backing vocals.

Water Mineral Content, A Shantotto Ascension, What Is Negative Infinity Squared, Chennai Institute Of Technology Ranking 2019, Steve Ramsey Interview, Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust For Cheesecake, Culture And Consumption Pdf, Vegan Quiche With Egg Replacer,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *