banana guava bread recipe

cinnamon & 1/4 tsp. I will definitely make this again. 1 cup sugar. With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour until just incorporated and fold in the roasted walnuts. Mix flour and cultured dairy throughly. Add the cubed guava and transfer the mixture into the greased pan and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean or about 55 minutes. 1/2 cup … Make sure to let the bread cool for about 5 minutes before removing it from the pan. ( Log Out /  Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. We really enjoy it on our weekly banana bread now. Put roast in an oven safe dish. 1/3 cup honey (you can up this to 1/2 cup if you want it sweeter) There is nothing better than fresh baked banana bread straight out of the oven. That was our, By Marillyn Beard – Makes one 9′ by 4′ loaf, 2 cups buttermilk, kefir or yogurt (or water with 2 Tbsp. 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup) 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. ( Log Out /  Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes … Chop the walnuts at this point, then roast them in the oven for about 5 minutes. 1/3 cup honey (you can up this to 1/2 cup if you want it sweeter), 1 cup guava, scoop out seeds & chop (optional). Add half a cup of water.Season with sage, parsley salt, and pepper. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. I tried this recipe because I had been given a few guavas from a friend, and was beyond pleased with how it turned out. Added a teaspoon of salt to the recipe, and used milk for the glaze, instead of cream. I also love the fact that it is a great bread to make for breakfast with a tall glass of raw smoothie. Pour into a well-greased and floured loaf glass pan. Try adding blueberries or raspberries! It was a marvelous idea to say the least. So, This time around I decided to try using guava in the banana bread. Last week I tried to make guava paste, but it ended up coming out like guava butter. 2 large eggs at room temperature. It came out sweet, moist and scrumptious! The breakfast bread turned out super moist and I really liked it, despite my not being a big fan of guava. If you are feeling adventurous then I encourage you to try it out sans egg. Mostly because I keep finding new things to throw in to it. I love how this bread doesn’t make my stomach heavy or give me that tiredness that can happen after a sugar-high. ( Log Out /  Hmmm! 1 1/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill) 1 teaspoon baking soda. Since I had boat loads of the ooey gooey Goya guava paste laying around in my fridge I figured, chop it up and throw it in, see what happens. It tastes delicious! Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Once the bread is removed, allow it to cool completely before slicing. « Brown Rice & Millet Pancakes (Blender-style & Soaked), Creamy Lime Mousse (dairy-free, egg-free, sugar-free & grain-free) ». Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. The bread will rise better if soaked for 24 hours. 1 1/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill), 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan, 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup). 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan. In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla together then set aside. Your email address will not be published. I have made it already three times and each time it gets better. but stopped for a while to try other things. 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract. ground ginger to the batter before pouring into the loaf pan. I honestly have to control myself from eating half the loaf as soon as it comes out… the struggle. We have 4 organic guava trees growing these sweet, tart fruits like crazy! 1/2 teaspoon fine salt. ( Log Out /  It is so GOOD! Gluten-Free Guava Banana Bread. Copyrights. Mix in remaining ingredients. acid medium). Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours or till a toothpick comes out clean. Now I am back to making this delicious banana bread that doesn’t last a whole day with my family. Begin by greasing a 9 by 5 by 3 inch loaf pan with butter and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside. LOL! Soak in a warm place for 12-24 hours. Add the bananas and mix for a few seconds more until the mixture appears curdled. Gradually add the egg mixture into the butter while mixing until incorporated. I am so in love with this banana bread recipe that I found from the food network app for iPhone. Incase you wanted to know … I have made this recipe egg-free by using a flax-egg replacer and it works just as well. For those who aren’t familiar with the “soaking” process, please read, You can make this fantastic simple banana bread any way you want… with or without guava. Ohmigoodness! nutmeg, 1 tsp. I still have lots of limes growing and now the guavas! Banana Bread with Guava Paste – unacolombianaencalifornia.com Change ), Gluten-Free Guava Banana Bread with Roasted Walnuts. Banana bread has always been so easy to make and the bananas here are so plentiful! In another medium bowl, cream the room temperature butter and sugar together with a handheld or stand mixer until light and fluffy.

How To Cook Basmati Rice In A Rice Cooker, Slim Subwoofer Car, Vegan Breakfast Sausage, Smsl Ad 18, Ez Detangler Brush Discount Code, Lily's Chocolate Salted Caramel Chips Recipe, Pan Seared Salmon Finished In Oven, Compressor Settings For Live Sound, Vegan Quiche With Egg Replacer, Direct Selling Worldwide Turnover,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *