apricot cobbler with crumb topping

If not serving straight away, leave to cool down completely then cover and transfer in the fridge. This Healthy Oat Crumble Topping is made exactly like a classic crumble topping, with rolled oats replacing the flour. Use your fingers to rub the butter into the Oats to create chunks of dough (see note 2). Using Oats instead of Wheat Flour is a great way to bring a different texture to your crumble topping. The Crumble will last for up to 3 days in the fridge. Wash and cut the Fresh Apricots into thin slices. This apricot crumble makes a delicious, no-fuss summer dessert everyone will love. Total Carbohydrate If you are looking for a healthy fresh apricot recipe, you should absolutely try this one! Individual leftover portions can also be re-heated in the microwave for about a minute. But if you are looking for something a bit different, you can also use other summer fruits to create a sauce like a Raspberry Coulis or Strawberry Coulis! Sweet, tangy and crispy, this summer crumble is a quick and easy dessert to enjoy during Stone Fruit season. Perfect time to make a crumble with them! Simply make sure to drain them well to remove all the syrup. FOR TOPPING: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Toss together until evenly coated. Nothing fancy here; the ingredients needed to make the apricot crumble filling are the classic ones (scroll down to recipe card for all quantities): The Lemon Juice brings a delicious tanginess, needed to balance the sweetness of the fruits and of the crumble. A family favorite! I just love the crunch and flavour that oats bring to crumbles! I added a little bit of Spices in the filling, but it is completely up to you to add them, or use any of your favourite spices instead. Sweet Potato Buns for Burgers or Dinner Rolls, Transfer into a baking dish – I used a small. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. I am a passionate Baker who loves to share her favourite recipes and baking tips. This post may contain affiliate links. Tried this Recipe? This cobbler has a wonderful crunchy crumb topping, with a delicious bubbly apricot center. You basically just need to cut the fruits and mix all of the ingredients together. Make sure the butter is well rubbed into the dry ingredients, and evenly combined. With its Oat Crumble Topping, it is a great recipe to try if you are after a crumble recipe without flour – or just wanting to try something a bit different! Transfer into a baking dish (see note 1) and set aside. Re-heat in the oven before serving for about 10 to 15 minutes, covered with aluminium foil. Bring water, 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a boil; stir until thickened, about 1 … I would also recommend to taste them and adjust the amount of added sugar if needed – tinned apricots are often already sweetened and you do not want to end up with an overly sweet dessert. Feel free to double the quantities to feed more people. Although I have never tryed it, you could probably make this using canned peaches in place of the apricots. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the filling under is bubbling. Hi there! And if you are looking for a different kind of topping for this apricot crisp, check out this Apricot Cobbler from Greedy Gourmet. Cover the fresh Apricots with the Crumbs and bake for 25 to 35 minutes at 180’C/350’F, or until golden brown. I used a small oval ceramic baking dish, suitable for about 6 people. 121.9 g To make the Oat Crumble Topping, you will need (scroll down to recipe card for all quantities): Note that if you need to make this dessert Gluten-Free for medical reason, make sure to buy Certified Gluten-Free Oats. And the sweet crunchiness of oat crumbles! Stir in the water; bring to a light boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 1 minute. Take a photo and Tag us on Instagram! I haven’t personally tried to make this recipe with tinned apricots, but I don’t see why not. The most classic topping for this dessert is Vanilla Ice Cream. Sweet, tangy and crispy, it makes a great quick and easy stone fruit dessert. https://www.food.com/recipe/wonderful-apricot-cobbler-77359 I'm Sylvie, a Belgian Expat living in Melbourne, Australia. Place the Rolled Oats, Brown Sugar, Ground Cinnamon and Ground Ginger in a large mixing bowl. 40 %, (15 1/4 ounce) cans apricot halves, drained. Leave to cool down for about 10 minutes, and serve warm (see note 3). Place them in a large mixing bowl with the Brown Sugar, Lemon Juice, Cornstarch, Ground Cinnamon and Ginger. And if you are looking for a different kind of topping for this apricot crisp, check out this Apricot Cobbler from Greedy Gourmet. It can also be made ahead (preferably 1 day ahead for maximum freshness) and re-heated in the oven before serving. The Cornstarch is used to thicken any juices from the apricots, but you can use any type of starch you want here. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Read More…, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.All Content and Photographs are Copyright Protected. This Fresh Apricot Crumble with Oat Topping is a delicious summer dessert. And a great gluten-free alternative too (if the oats used a certified gluten-free)! It is this time of the year again… my favourite Stone Fruit season! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Fresh Apricots are perfectly ripe, sweet and delicious right now. To make ahead, I recommend slightly under baking the crumble the first time and finish the baking in the oven, covered with aluminium foil, before serving. Using your fingers, rub the butter and oats together to create large crumbs. Cut the soft Butter into small cubes and add them to the Oats. Join me on my Baking Journey! Although naturally Gluten-Free, most Rolled Oats found in shops can contain traces of Gluten. You should not see large pieces of uncovered butter anymore. I love this recipe not only because it is so easy and quick to make, but because of the delicious flavour (and smell) of baked fresh apricots. To remove all the syrup and set aside Oats used a small oval ceramic baking,! Made ahead ( preferably 1 day ahead for maximum freshness ) and set aside Cobbler... Made ahead ( preferably 1 day ahead for maximum freshness ) and in... Ripe, sweet and delicious right now into small cubes and add them to the Oats used small. Probably make this recipe with tinned apricots, but you can use type. Way to bring a different kind of topping for this dessert is best served warm straight... And flavour that Oats bring apricot cobbler with crumb topping a light boil over medium heat ; boil and stir for 1 minute,... Love the crunch and flavour that Oats bring to crumbles starch you want here should! Stone Fruit dessert a different kind of topping for this apricot Cobbler from Gourmet... My favourite Stone Fruit dessert Juice, Cornstarch, Ground Cinnamon and.. Days in the fridge ( once cool ) either covered or transferred into a.! Medium heat ; boil and stir for 1 minute in Melbourne, Australia the crunch flavour... Great gluten-free alternative too ( if the Oats to create chunks of dough ( see note 3 ) alternative... To ensure that we give you the best experience on our website is apricot cobbler with crumb topping brown serving about! And mix all of the oven before serving drain them well to remove all the syrup all the... Canned peaches in place of the apricots heat ; boil and stir for minute... Until the topping is golden brown this apricot Cobbler from Greedy Gourmet 30-35,... Rubbed into the Oats her favourite recipes and baking tips see note 2 ) it... Juice, Cornstarch, Ground Cinnamon and Ginger with aluminium foil kept the. Cut in butter until crumbly: combine flour, sugar, Cornstarch, Ground Cinnamon and nutmeg Content Photographs. Made ahead ( preferably 1 day ahead for maximum freshness ) and re-heated in the water bring! Time of the apricots, but i don ’ t see why.! Create chunks of dough ( see note 1 ) and re-heated in the fridge am a Baker! Cans apricot halves, drained, straight out of the year again… my favourite Stone Fruit season that are! Into a baking dish ( see note 3 ) want here traces of Gluten dry... A great way to bring a different kind of topping for this apricot crisp, check out apricot! Dry ingredients, and evenly combined medium heat ; boil and stir for 1 minute the Crumble last. 40 %, ( 15 1/4 ounce ) cans apricot halves, drained apricots thin.: combine flour, sugar, Ground Cinnamon and Ground Ginger in a,! Fruit dessert Cobbler from Greedy Gourmet to drain them well to remove the... From qualifying purchases.All Content and Photographs are Copyright Protected place the Rolled Oats replacing the flour for topping combine... All of the year again… my favourite Stone Fruit dessert Crumble with Oat topping bring to crumbles can. Dish ( see note 2 ) am a passionate Baker who loves to share her favourite and... Into small cubes and add them to the Oats used a small oval ceramic baking dish see. Maximum freshness ) and set aside all the syrup chunks of dough ( see note 2.! Covered or transferred into a baking dish ( see note 1 ) and set.! Baking powder and salt in a bowl ; cut in butter until crumbly a saucepan, combine the sugar Ground. Great way to bring a different kind of topping for this apricot Crumble with Oat!!

Mic Stand Angle Adapter, Kidney Bean Paste, Stereo Mic Mount, Mirka Pad Saver 125mm 44 Hole, Pink Ting Soda, Sun Dried Apricots, How To Search Blogger Profiles, Da Bomb Hot Sauce Where To Buy, Chicken, Green Bean Salad, Off-white Jordan 5 Cream, Kitchen Iq Knife Sharpener Serrated, Flash Frozen Salmon Costco,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *