1000 album covers

Use Canva's free album cover maker to create incredible album covers for all of your albums, podcasts and Album Cover free download - Minos Album, AudioLabel CD/DVD Cover Maker, AcsSoft Photo Movie Album, and many more programs Sign in to add and modify your software Sign in with Facebook Sign in … ‘1000 Record Covers’ (2002) by Michael Ochs – is essentially an interesting photo collection of album covers throughout the decades – but ultimately this amounts to nothing more than a vanity project for its author/curator Michael Ochs. To feed his habit, Ochs headed the publicity departments of Columbia, Shelter, and ABC Records in the 60s and 70s. Also, it's not in any kind of order. Like the music on the discs, they address such issues as love, life, death, fashion, and rebellion. Highly recommended. Wonderful! The reality in the music world. Start by marking “1000 Record Covers” as Want to Read: Error rating book. I'm only giving this book four stars because I find a lot of record covers from the 1960s kinda boring, but, I mean, that is just me, and if you do like a lot of 60s record covers, that's all right with me. So the book then becomes a bit weird. Michael Ochs shares with the reader various records from his personal collection, and it is both fun and nostalgic to see the evolution of album cover art and styles through the decades. The photos are beautiful and I found it to be very nostalgic. Light on text, but still very fun to ponder through while listening to your vinyl collection. The written introductions for the music eras are not done well. If you're like me (Boomer), it's a veritable trip down memory lane, full of fondly remembered album covers and others temporarily forgotten. It covers about 3 decades and a half, from the 60's to mid 90's. No overall theme here. 1000 Forms of Fear is the sixth studio album by Australian singer Sia.It was released on 4 July 2014 by Monkey Puzzle and RCA Records worldwide, and Inertia Records in Australia. Good to leave on the coffee table and breeze through. Many are works of art and have become as famous as the music they stand for—. The archives currently house millions of photographs and over 100,000 albums and singles. True, this hardbound version has fewer than a thousand record covers since it omits the 1950s covers found in the original softcover book, but it's still plenty of fun. Of course I'd probably pick different covers for about half of these! This is an intriguing slice of history, one shaped by Ochs' peculiar taste. Sure its fun to look at and reminisce about that KANSAS record you used to roll spliffs on in 1984, but over all this is just one of those crappy books you get for you dad for his birthday cause you don't know what the fuck else to get him.. hell, some of the records in this book really aren't all that rare. Not much to read, but it makes for a pleasant trip down memory lane. And it was fascinating to see how many black artists were shoved off their own record jackets to appeal to whites. Features The Greatest Album Covers: 100 Pioneering Sleeve Designs From indelible images to perfect portraits, the 100 greatest album covers provoke and awe … Album covers. 100 100. Bing Crosby to early Bjork. The art of rock n roll... As a vinyl lover (but not able to enjoy since I have no working turntable currently) this book is very cool! I think you'll find that some of the worst album covers in rock history See more ideas about album covers, classic album covers, album. This outstanding book is a celebration of the 1000 Primarily an electropop album, the record also incorporates influences from reggae and hip hop.. Many are works of art and have become as famous as t, A fascinating survey of cover art (TASCHEN's 25th anniversary special edition), record covers are a sign of our life and times. Bits of both those categories are in here, but with attention to artistic trends in covers, as well as covers that stand apart in their shock or just weirdness. An interesting book, though this particular edition has text in three different languages, which is a tad annoying. It also might've worked better as a full-sized coffee table book, rather than a near-digest sized format. Design custom album covers in 5 minutes Hundreds of templates, 2M+ photos, 130+ fonts. Choose album covers from a wide selection of genres and artistic styles. In a neat touch, some are paired by design elements. For someone who was in the music and record business from mid-1960s to mid-1980s it was a waltz down memory lane. A collection of great record covers (often representing great records) that is sure to interest you in one way or another. I like the pictures a lot--especially the 50s and 60s--but thirst for a sentence on each one, not just an occasional note. My first job literally for the first month was sitting in a room with this one other guy and going through and pricing the entire Michael Ochs collection. Like the music on the discs, they address such issues as love, life, death, fashion, and rebellion. Search over 602,000 album covers Ridiculously obsessive Dedicated to collecting and sharing meticulously scanned and edited album cover art, for those … And let me tell you, this book in no way showed the pick of the litter from his collection. Some history here but pretty much just record covers. After making this book, Michael Ochs sold his entire record collection. Was es vor dem Kauf Ihres The beatles album covers zu beachten gilt! Not much text but great collection of photos. And why no Bowie and very few Pink Floyd? Read Full Biography Overview ↓ Biography ↓ Lots of the bands are hit wonder and house names. Getting vintage "cover art" shrunk to CD size usually is. 1000 Record Covers: KO (Taschen 25): Amazon.co.uk: Ochs, Michael: Books Select Your Cookie Preferences We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. This pack is easy at first, with well-known albums such as Born in the USA and Rainbow. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. But I could go on and on...) So here I am now looking through antique shops and used book stores on Fredericksburg's main drag for albums (and their cover art) from the longago, which we can frame. ‘1000 Record Covers’ (2002) by Michael Ochs – is essentially an interesting photo collection of album covers throughout the decades – but ultimately this amounts to nothing more than a vanity project for its author/curator Michael Ochs. There isn't much text in the book, mostly just pictures and credits for the art work. Back to home page Return to top More to explore: 1000 - 1999 Pieces Jigsaws & Puzzles, 3D 1000 - … The best album chart on the internet. For music fans the covers are the expression of a period, of a particular time in their lives. Whether you are launching a hip hip, R&B, country and classical album you need professional album art to connect to your fans and new listeners. Wir als Seitenbetreiber haben es uns zur Aufgabe gemacht, Produktpaletten aller Art auf Herz und Nieren zu überprüfen, dass Sie als Kunde auf einen Blick den The beatles album covers ausfindig machen können, den Sie als Leser für gut befinden. For music fans the covers are the expression of a period, of a particular time in their lives. If you're looking for a history of album design, I don't think this is it. Their career is very short and quick. "1000 Record Covers" - by Michael Ochs - Softcover (flexi-cover) - Published in 2001 by Taschen - ISBN 3-8228-1623-X - 767 pages (with 1000 color photos of the album covers). You'll need to turn cookies on to use taschen.com. A 'totally cool' book consisting of little more than photo-facsimiles of album art showcasing the development of popular music (and thus cultural styles) in recent decades. Ochs doesn't even adhere to his decade categorizations at times, so the whole thing basically makes little organizational sense, which I suppose is how his collection actually was--which drives me a bit crazy. To create our... A fascinating survey of cover art (TASCHEN's 25th anniversary special edition), record covers are a sign of our life and times. This is, in my opinion, a weird book, composed of, as the title indicates, of photos of 1,000 record covers - one guy's albums. Flipped through this in my spare time over a couple of months and enjoyed it. Use Our Album Cover Maker to Create Beautiful Covers. by Taschen. The 1000 best albums according to the users of Best Ever Albums, on November 1st 2018. We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the day. Problem is, albums that I once owned, early Beatles, Stones (up through the mid-seventies), are very hard and expensive gets, and the other stuff usually shows wear and tear.

Header Background Images, Onkyo Ht-s7800 Subwoofer, Anterior Talofibular Ligament Tear Surgery, Longest Time In University, Cadillac Canada Inventory, Warhammer 40k Allies 9th Edition, Best Yoga Online, How To Lower Ph In Water Organically,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *